Greentree Servicing - How to deal with Greentree Mortgage company
I have read a host of complaints on this site regarding Greentree Mortgage lending and I can completely empathize. My wife have outstanding credit and a fixed rate mortgage that we have never missed a payment on. Bank of America sold our loan to the greasy, slippery, scummy, "pay-day loan type"-loan sharks in April. After extensive research, we realized that the company is poorly run, run like a "collection agency", and with employees who are rude, oboxious, contradictory, and uninformed.
We had between the 1st and 15th of every month to make our house payment as stipulated in the original mortgage that we signed, yet Greentree lending was now saying that anything received AFTER the 1st of each was considered "late", and would be delt with as a "delinquent account". Essentially, they were saying there was NO "grace period" for payment, which practially EVERY lending institution allows for. However, after several phone calls with horrible Greentree reps, I realized that in fact of the payment was made before roughly the 15th of every month it was NOT late.
Greentree has sent us statements claiming we are a month behind when we have in fact PAID the mortgage within the alloted time (before the 15h of every month). The statements are delibertly confusing, threatening and alarming but are also FALSE. They have sent letters which are tantamount to "collection letters", and even have "collection agency" written on the bttm of the letter. As stated, my wife and I have a PRIME mortgage loan and outstanding credit, both of which are valuable commodities in this market. We have decided to get proactive concerning our mortgage and these hooligans-thugs-scumbags by complaining to EVERY and ANY agency having anything to do with housing or lending.
Here is a list of what to do "if" you are having trouble with these "s-bags".....
(1) Write a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) immedately. They don't deal with complaints on an individual basis only as an aggregate. When they get enough complaints, they will take action. An important first step.
(2) Contact/complain to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). This is a new agency, and they will act almost immeadately when they receive a complaint. They have been outstanding thus far with regard to Greentree.
(3) Contact/complain to the Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner for your state. They recently received our complaint and have filed it against GreenTree.
(4)Complain to Department of Savings and Mortgage lending for your state. They take this stuff seriously, at least they do in our state!
(5)Complain to the Attorney General of your state. Greentree is engaging in deceptive trade practices and breaking a contractual agreement by making statements that payments aren't on time if they are paid after the 1st of each month, but before the 15th.
(6)Complain the district attorney for your city/county.
(7) Complain to the Better Business Bureau. Another black mark against Greentree.
(8)CHECK YOUR CREDIT! It's always a good idea to do a periodic check of your credit, but with an unscruplous lender like Greentree on the prowl, check it every 2-3 months. You can get an account with one of the big 3 credit rating agencies (Experian, TransUnion and Equifax).
(9) KEEP A REORD OF EVERYTHING! Make a folder and KEEP a record of EVERYTHING Greentree says and does. This includes ALL billing statements and ALL complaints.
Hope all of this helps!