Greentree Servicing - Green Tree stole my mortgage payment

Green Tree gave me a false account number to my bank when setting up bill pay directly to GT. GT cashed my banks check within 1 business day, did not credit my mortgage account, and informed me that I needed to pay my mortgage bill again.

Check was found and GT still will not credit my account or show that I indeed made Mays payment. This is fraudulent behavior, as i can prove GT cashed the check.I have been continually harassed about paying GT again for May, even though they have admitted to locating the missing check.

Green Tree is a scam, they are more like loan sharks than a legitamite banking service. And after 7 months of changing my address, GT still will not send my statements to the correct address.

aepruitt
Greentree Servicing Mortgage
Review #644873 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing - Destruction of property

the mobile home located at6813 w. hans court, Homossassa, florida was vacated on or about march one 2015.

George Voelker, moved out and said he would not be back ever.He and his wife have split and she has left the state, gone to virginia. some boys were staying there and tore heck out of the place, now George says he is going to rent the property to make some money until green tree takes it back.

anyone that would rent it is no better than the boys. they were caught stealingpower and the light company took the meter plus the transformer off the pole.I hope you do something to stop this.

Greentree Servicing Mortgage
Review #640362 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer640362.

Greentree Servicing - Greentree seeking recover bankructy funds from 2008

bank of america sold loan to g tree during modifacation all payments from beginnig of modification were paid on time if not the modifacation would not have been approved because that was the main qualifications never recieved anything type of advanced for any thing.i ma in a 40yr loan at 6.6% this ius what green tree give me after they lied to my credit union about my on time payment they said i was late but never was they did this to stop my refiance and now they are stopping me again with this 5239.85 corporate advance that i no nothing about

Read

CFPB AND FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION TAKE ACTION AGAINST GREEN TREE SERVICING FOR MISTREATING BORROWERS TRYING TO SAVE THEIR HOMES

APR 21 2015

CFPB and Federal Trade Commission Take Action Against Green Tree Servicing for Mistreating Borrowers Trying to Save Their Homes

Green Tree to Pay $48 Million in Borrower Restitution and $15 Million Fine for Servicing Failures

WASHINGTON, D.C.– Today, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) took action against Green Tree Servicing, LLC, for mistreating mortgage borrowers who were trying to save their homes from foreclosure. The mortgage servicer failed to honor modifications for loans transferred from other servicers, demanded payments before providing loss mitigation options, delayed decisions on short sales, and harassed and threatened overdue borrowers. Green Tree has agreed to pay $48 million in restitution to victims, and a $15 million civil money penalty for its illegal actions.

mortgage being heldhostage
Loss
Preferred solution
coropate advance remove from mortgage
Review #630650 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer630650.
1.3

Greentree Servicing - Mortgage Review from Tucson, Arizona

I haaaate dealing with Greentee. Customer Service Representative arevery rude, don't sound time they even card to help.

I could sit here and type my bad experiences but from the lokks of all the bad reviews and the support group page specifically for customers who have experienced the same...Greentree has to be aware and not prepared to change the opinion of the custumer. I curse the day my motgage went to them, working on refinancing with ,Bank of America

Poor customer service
Review #617764 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer617764.

Greentree Servicing Mortgage Review

I used to have Citi mortgage then they sold me to Greentree Greentree is horrible they call me every day they say I OWe payment that was owed to Citi mortgage I've gotten a letter after letter from city mortgage saying I'm paid to date I owe nothing but Greentrees that says I am late a payment I'm not, they keep charging late payments. I even sent them bank statements

Lorilee626
Problems with payment
Review #617650 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing - WORST MORTGAGE SERVICE COMPANY EVER

I have never had a late payment with them but they make it extremely difficult to even pay on your mortgage. If you will not sign up for auto pay the charge extra fees every month.

there customer service is a joke. i have been trying to change the date of withdrawl for auto payments for months. they are telling me that they cannot change any payment information 10 days before or after payment date.

even during the small window in between we have still been unable to get the payment date changed. Stay away from these guys if you can.

Problems with payment
Review #616880 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer616880.

Greentree Servicing - Can they do this?

After having my mortgage through Citi for years, I got a letter in December stating Greentree is now my mortgage servicer. Long story short, I missed a payment.

(I cannot believe you cannot pay by phone or online with them unless you sign up with your bank account.) Anyway, since they have this strange rule of a payment being considered late from day 2 of the month (which is impossible) they send me a letter of default, and tell me that I must make due on my payment (which Went through on the 37 day mark) and also on old late payment fees that came from my old company Citi, and If I dont send them thousands of dollars by April 16th, that they will be foreclosing on my home. They sent me a letter after they received that payment saying they receved it and applied it, but will still go forward with the beginnings of foreclosure if I dont send them all of the late payment fees! My mortgage payments will be completely current as of Monday. My question is can they really try to foreclose on my home over late fees?

I thought foreclosure happened when you were three months late, which has never happened, ever. Can someone please tell me if this is even possible? I have never heard of anything like this in my life. If anyone has had a similar experience, or advice, please tell me.

Ive tried calling them but got screamed at that they were going to take my house. How can that be?

Is this a scare tactic?? God I hope so!

Jackie 1 minute ago

Oh my god i have the same problem had stroke 6 months ago and i couldn't work.i am behind on my march but April hectically have time until April 16.please anyone any idea.Same they call me 10 times i told them having 6 shots on my spine i have severed damage on my neck also told them please give me i week i heal i will call you they call me next day and next day again 8:15 and 7:30 please update me.

god bless

Problems with payment
Review #614594 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer614594.

Greentree Servicing - Issues with payments

I too am now having problems with them. How are they getting away with this kind of business practice? How can they take someone's checks and not cash them?

I mailed in two payments for January and February by USPS overnight delivery. They reported me late on the credit bureaus for February when the payment was clearly received by February 28, 2015 and I mailed my March payment in March 21, but yet they are reporting me late for March. How can that happen?

I am writing a complaint to the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, Better BB, and Federal Trade Commission

Problems with payment
Review #613152 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer613152.

Greentree Servicing - Closed my online account access

GMAC sold my loan to these sorry ***.

I registered for my online account 2 years ago and haven't used it for a while, but have tried to access the account in last 3 months and cannot. I even sent them a message asking why I wasn't able to access my account online without a response. I never had these problems with GMAC AND I WISH TO GOD THEY HAD NEVER SOLD MY MORTGAGE TO THIS COMPANY!!!

What company does the kind of things they do? This is what they call doing business? They like to call, call, call,harass and ask silly questions, but when you try t contact them they don't respond.

*** POOR business practices.

Tags
  • Green tree customer service
I didn’t like
Rude, Delays in response, Lack of customer service
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #612719 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer612719.

Greentree Servicing - Green Tree, Truth in Lending; NOT

Entered into a Loan Modification in 2013. In 2014 received demand letter for Escrow Shortage. Upon review of the loan docs the monthly estimated escrow amount was approximately 60% of the actual funds needed given the assessment of property value and insurance premiums at that time. Thus, mortgage was increased $250.month. Today we received a demand notice for escrow funds for 2012-2013 that were clearly included in the original Note per the loan documents. Repeated issues of claims that GT did not receive tax and insurance documentation, which have been proven to be false according to the County and the Insurance Carrier. Truth is

not a core value of GT and in hindsight after reading complaints about this company it appears that I am not alone.

The government agency has proven to be a non-advocate for us as the homeowners. Beware of Green Tree.

Orlando, Florida, United States #964483

My insurance actually went down and they went up on my payments saying my insurance premium went up which is a lie. It went up only according to their escrow analysis which the numbers are all wrong. I have proof.

Problems with payment
Review #612171 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer612171.