Greentree Servicing - Rudeness and numerous fees that are unexplained

I was on automatic pay until my payments went inconsistent. I was charged 100-300 dollars in fees periodically every month.

Changed to pay manually and I would dispute fees every month then end up paying anyways to stop the harassment. It's like, I am in a nightmare> I never know what y monthly payment will be. The rudeness is amazing.

The guy told me I was basically a thief and they were going to charge a 50.00 dollar late fee for being late. i explained I was late due to charges I do not know anything about they said excuses excuses.Now owned by Ditech

Problems with payment
Review #707931 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer707931.
1.3

Greentree Servicing Mortgage Review

On August 18 2015 a refund check to myself and my ex girlfriend was cashed by her I have been huntin down for two months finally I got the copy of the check both free tree and the bank should b held responsible for sending the check to her I have started by going to the police next step will b court

Problems with payment
Review #707242 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer707242.

Greentree Servicing - Greedy tree/deaddick IE greentree/ Dietech

My house is going into foreclosure I cannot afford it anymore. But in the Chain of events Greentree screwed me over with their greed and lies they gave me all different prices for all different crazy things they said I owed them money for some past house insurance that I did not pay for I asked them what year was that and they did not know yet they call me at least 6 times a day at home and on my cell phone.

I am unemployed I explained my situation, but they do not care. I told them they are crooked evil vampires and they would dig up a corpse to and drink their blood just to get something, they are beyond Evil.

I don't care because 1 day they will face God and Woe to them on that day! They will wish that they had not ruined other peoples lives with there deception and lies!

iama52
I didn’t like
Unethical, Company lies and threatings, Will not work with you, Screwed up loan payoff -cant find where they credited my payment
constantly lieing
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #706461 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing Mortgage Review

worst customer service ever. Uneducated and rude.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with them.

Talk down to you as if you are a bad child. Very rude and totally unhelpful.

Poor customer service
Review #705778 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer705778.

Greentree Servicing - What a horrible company!!

I have never been treated so unprofessionally than I have been for the last 5+ years by Green Tree! Their lack of customer service and rude employees has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I can't take it anymore!

I have been in my home for 27 years and because of their corrupt business dealings and greed, I am losing my home! I have repeatedly tried to work with them to refinance and they keep losing the paperwork, or claim to never have received payments, etc.

that it is a losing battle! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY OR ANY THAT IS A PART OF IT!!

I hope no one ever has to go thru what I and my children have gone thru.

Are frauds, No response, Rude and abrupt, Delays in response, Unethical
Poor customer service
Review #703746 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer703746.

Greentree Servicing - Green Tree Servcing is doing a very illegal business

They intentionally put my payment as UAF (Unapplied Funds, then called tell me I did not make the payment, many calls, I tried to explain to them ( the debt collector), and offered to fax my bank statement, they refused to listen and insisted that I did not pay and was late, charged me with late fee, while my money was sitting there as unapplied funds. After I filed a complaints to Arizona Attorney' s Office, they still did not admit their mistakes or "crime", I would say, but at the same time they suddenly applied my money back to my account. That is very bad business practice

Reason of review
bad, very bad business practice
Review #700290 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer700290.

Greentree Servicing - I'm so dissappointed at this company

Unfortunately, they bought my mortgage. I have had nothing but bad experiences with them.

I'm on automatic payments and they increased my payment by $200 per month. I called to inquire about it several times and they kept telling me that it was due to taxes. However, my county increased my taxes by $800 per year, so mathematically the numbers do not add up at all. So after about 6 phone calls, I finally figured out that it was because this company requires a minimum of $1200 in my escrow account.

It is not right to go through all of that and for my money to just sit there for them to use. Also, I recently inquired about getting the escrow removed, I was required to fax them a letter. Well, it has been 3 weeks since I sent the letter and no response.

They always say that they will call back and NEVER do. Worst experiences, I really really hope that they sell my mortgage soon because I simply can not deal with their poor work ethics and the way that they treat their clients.

Read

This is how I got them to finally do what they needed to do. Let me give you the procedure, then the background.

1. I typed a letter stating every conversation and transaction from the time that I realized they were overcharging us.

2. I sent that letter and copies of that letter to every known address for Green Tree, whic was 4 locations.

3. I sent each packet certified, return receipt.

They settled out of court sending us a check for close to $2,000.00 and we had one month with no mortgage payment.

I hope that Ditech is a good move and not merely a restructing of the same bad business. Here's the background: We had to close our business in 2009 because it was tied so exclusively to the construction business. We were able to close it solvent, but we lost $40-50,000.00 annual income. Due to my husband's age, he had a very hard time finding a job paying what we needed.

We limped along for over a year depleting our reserves and existing on my income that was less than $33,000.00 annually. We also had a mortgage that was upside down because we trusted one of our sons-in-law who was in the mortgage business. When Bank of America sold our mortgage to Green Tree, they were charging us a high premium for hazard insurance because of circumstances surrouning being dropped by our home insurance company due to a tree falling on our house and a house fire. In our state, no other insurance company can fill the gap for 3 years, so mortgage companies get to supply hazard insurance from their source and charge interest on the premiums.

Our mortgage went from $698 to $880.00. When August 2014 came, we could get our own insurance. That company contacted Green Tree. Green Tree continued to charge us the same amount.

After much research and conversation with Green Tree, we contacted an attorney. On my end of it, I compiled documentation that was literally an inch thick. I made 3 copies and sent those packets to all 3 addresses that I had for Green Tree by certified, return receipt mail with a copy to the attorney. They admitted that they had not yet reviewed the mortgages that they had bought from Bank of America the previous year.

They adjust the payment correctly beginning January 2015, but continued to show that we owed the $880.00 through December 2014. They did send us a check that was close to $2,000.00 from the Escrow account and still had all they needed to pay insurance and taxes. The attorney contacted them. We went through this until February 2015 when they finally settled the rest of the discrepancies and lowered our mortgage payment to the amount it should be, plus they had to pay the court costs and the attorney fees.

My payments are now made by my bank to Green Tree (Ditech, now), and I monitor my Escrow account and payment account every month. In my letter to them, I told them that all correspondence with me and my husband must be conducted in writing whether by USPS or email; that I did not believer they were actually recording every conversation, or this would have been settled much earlier. I also told them that if they ever had a verbal conversation over the phone, we would be recording the conversation.

I hope you have already had success in getting your mortgage payments corrected. If not, my method is time consuming, but held up well in court.

I am having the same problems. My payments have gone up plus they have added additional money (they say Paying toward Principle) to my payment.

I have no principal, only interest. they have drafted my account earlier than the normal and ealier than authorized. Customer service hung up on me.

I have never had to deal with such a scam of a company! Always did business with professional and ethical mortgage companies in the past.

Poor customer service
Review #692593 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer692593.

Greentree Servicing - Escrow

Mortgage was acquired from Citimortgage 5 months ago and these folks are horrible to deal with. The customer service reps have very bad attitudes and never a supervisor around.

Just filed a complaint with the Consumer Protection Bureau because after two weeks, they can't explain where our tax escrow funds went. Fees and penalties have been assessed and we stated that we are not paying them. We've now been "escalated to a supervisor". This is supposed to be an electronic transaction and for some reason, they can't explain where our taxes went.

This company is terrible and I would never recommend them to anybody. All I see online is nothing but complaints and sanctions from government agencies.

Order processing issue
Review #689063 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer689063.

Greentree Servicing - Returned my payment checks and put my house in forclosure

Citi sold my mortgage after I lost my job and couldn't make full payments. So for a while I sent everything I had to Green Tree.

They tried to force me to refinance my mortgage but I read all the horror stories about this company and refused their offers. Then Green Tree started the nasty phone calls. Next Green Tree held onto one of my payment checks without cashing it. So I took money out of my retirement fund and sent to them.

Thousands of dollars! After a few months they returned both of my uncashed checks and said my house is in foreclosure. I was still receiving monthly bills so I took thousands more dollars out of my retirement fund, and sent in the exact amount due before the due date. Weeks went by and they didn't cash my check.

Now they just returned my check saying I need to send a certified check to reinstate my account. The check is good and all they had to do was cash it or call my bank to verify the money was there. It's a scam to delay payment and add more late fees.

They ruined my credit. Green Tree is corrupt to the core.

Pricing issue
Review #684002 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer684002.

Greentree Servicing - GT stole my mortgage payment

GT gave me a false account number to my bank when setting up bill pay directly to GT. GT cashed my banks check within 1 business day, did not credit my mortgage account, and informed me that I needed to pay my mortgage bill again.

Check was found and GT still will not credit my account or show that I indeed made Mays payment. This is fraudulent behavior, as i can prove GT cashed the check.I have been continually harassed about paying GT again for May, even though they have admitted to locating the missing check.

Green Tree also will not update my mailing address after 7 months so that i can receive my monthly statement. Green Tree is a fraud, they are a scam, not a real bank.

aepruitt
Tags
  • banking finance options
  • Mortagage with GreenTree
I didn’t like
Are frauds, Way i was being treated, After servicing by greeen tree
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #644875 is a subjective opinion of poster.