Greentree Servicing - Harassment & False Deceptive Trade Practices

I am a home owner who has had my same mortgage for fifteen years. Last January GMAC sold mortgages to Green Tree mortgage company. Since then I have been dealing with them. They are horrible to deal with and call and leave me messages constantly. My mortgage agreement states I have until the 15th of the month to pay however as of today August 17th my statement states I am late for the month of September because I have not paid my September mortgage payment. The September mortgage is not due until the 1st and is not late until September 15th, yet my statement and on line - on their website my account reflects late. Greentree calls constantly and leave messages and it is practically impossible to get information off of their website in regards to your payments or to get clarifying information from them. They are truly the worst company I have ever dealt with. I am enrolled with a biweekly mortgage company which should protect me from this harassment. I have read other reviews about checking my credit report and I think I will do so after sending this complaint. Please do something about this. I believe they are preying on people and making them believe they are later than they think. Thank you!

Green Tree is a "Predatory Lending" PLUS a Collection Agency. They are not guided by U.S.

Banking Laws. This is why Bank of America dumped all their accounts to them. As of this date, there are NO United States Consumer Protection Agencies that will go up against them. Forget BBB of the CFPB or any other Federal or State Consumer Protection Agency.

They make their own rules. They lie, cheat and steal. They record ALL your conversations. Handle them like you would handle a King Cobra with your bare hands.

Your Governor is probably in bed with them too, so you might as well don't waste your time with them either.

They have TREMENDOUS influence with your local State Attorney. They spread money around to the legal community like confetti. They are immune to any existing laws in this country. Judges will throw our 99% of the lawsuits based on minor technicalities.

You have 9 in 10 chances of being FORECLOSED in the next 90 days. Take them very seriously. DO NOT release any personal Bank account information to the, EVER. Your case will be considered a "CIVIL MATTER" if you file any complaints to any existing government agency.

You will be *** in the wind.

Small Attorney Offices can't help you because unless yo can pay $300 to $900 / hr. They will only write a Certified cease and desist letter which WILL NOT carry any legal weight whatsoever.

Chances of beating Green Tree in Court is less that 3% - if you are extremely lucky.

Sharia Law is the only thing Green Tree will eventually understand. You have been warned.

Greentree Servicing - Mortgage Review

Horrible company!!! They bought servicing right to my mortgage from BOA one year ago and its been a nightmare since..they have sent people to my house to take pictures 6 different times and they appy our house payment to principal and then demand payment again!!!!this has happened 3 times and then charge hundreds and hundreds of dollars in late fees...the people working for this company are nothing but ***...someone needs to take this so called company down!!!sick of living this nightmare!!!

They wouldn't be taking pictures of your house unless you were in default with your loan, that's probably the reason you have hundreds of dollars in late fees, which is actually in your contract, not a fee charged by green tree. I do disagree with the things green tree does, but really. That's what happens when you pay your mortgage late.

@PissedConsumer857622

Sorry Vicky but we were two payments ahead ,not late and they applied them to the principal of the loan and then we got a notice we were 2 payments behind this is the game Green Tree plays to maximize the fees. They are an evil company and anyone who works for them should be ashamed of themselves...

Due to a "500 year flood", I have been in a dead zone. Luckily I had flood insurance coverage on my home and contents, but when the insurance company sent me the check I had to send it to Green Tree.

I understand that some people in the past have taken their check and ran, leaving the mortgage company holding a destroyed home and an unfulfilled note.

My savings has been sucked down due to Green Tree not sending "My" money to me to handle the expenses to rebuild . They tell me that the money I put out of pocket for labor will not be reimbursed until the job is completed and inspected. They will not send an inspector out to see that work is actually being done until it is completed.

Many thousands of my personal dollars are going out , and it's like pulling teeth to get them to send "my" money to me to cover expenses even with receipts. I definitely will be doing a refi to get rid of Green Tree once repairs are completed.

View more comments (2)
Chicago, Illinois
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree Servicing - The Rudest/Most Disrespectful Company Ever!

I had a mortgage with BOA who then sold it (without my permission) to Greentree Servicing. I have until the 16th of each month to pay my mortgage or it's considered late. If you don't pay them by the 1st, then on the 2nd they are calling you constantly in a rude and disrespectful tone! is this even legal? They speak to you in such an intimidating/disrespectful way that if you're not a violent person, then trust me, you will want to reach through the phone, grab that person by the neck and break it like you do a chicken. Does anyone know a lawyer that I can hire for this harassment of calling ALL my phone numbers for payment when I'm not even one month late. I'm only 2 weeks late if you want to call that late. I sure don't and I don't think legitimate banks and mortgage companies do either. Something MUST be done with this company
ID
#519951 Review #519951 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing - Customer service

there was damage to my home, enough to make it unlivible.They provided homeowners insurance to me for my "convienience so I could pay one payment for both bills.It took the insurance company ove a month to send a check.The check was made out to myself and Greentree. so I had to sign it and send it to Greentree. its been 2 and a half months now so I stopped payment on the moortgage.They called and said they would foreclose.Been in Hotels this whole time. I told them how Im disabled and how the insurance is dragging its heels. that didnt matter. Do not go through this mortgage co.
ID
#519811 Review #519811 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Greentree Servicing - Don't use this company!!!!!!

Avoid this company at all cost.... my loan was acquired by this company approximately one year ago. I have never been delinquent on a payment and I have always made my payment one month in advance. I have had to call this company every month to have my payments reapplied correctly as they apply my payment to principal and show I am delinquent. This company is very inept and unable to fix this problem. Today when I call I was told by the customer service manager - Casey “I keep giving them changing information on how to apply my payments and I make my payments to early” this situation is still not resolved. I have never had an issue with the other mortgage companies (my loan has been sold twice). I have never changed the way I make my payments, I still make a small additional payment on each payment to be applied to principle and they keep applying my entire payment to “principle only” instead of applying it to my payment. After researching the customer complaint on multiple sites, I am curious if the company is really this inept or if this is some underhanded way of showing my account delinquent for other reasons….added penalties, fee and possible foreclosure? Needless to say I am completely unhappy with this company and would urge you to save yourself the frustration and go with ANYONE else but this company.
Bakersfield, California
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree Servicing - Being Ripped Off by Greentree - New Homeowners Beware!!

Update by user Jul 31, 2014

The interest rate on this loan is 17.9% so we have paid $393.08 per month x 12 months x 15 years = $70,754 please note we actually paid $400 per month thinking it would bring principle down only to learn that it too was being applied to the interest. We have stopped paying this loan for 2 months now because they refuse to modify the loan or any type of deferral payments while we are down to one income.

These customer service reps are so rude and I can't believe they are allowed to talk to customers in such a derogatory manner. Please do not do business with Greentree!!!

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2014

15 years ago my wife and I borrowed $20,000 from a company called Conseco Finance our payments were $393 per month and as new home owners we were excited to do some repairs with this home improvement loan. To our surprise the loan was sold to Greentreev. We have paid $393 a month for 15 years and still owe the exact same amount that we borrowed 15 years ago. We have actually paid them $72,000 to date when we only borrowed $20,000. We have tried to call them and their representative Adam H basically told us that they were putting a lien on our house and that if we couldn't afford the loan we shouldn't have borrowed the money. We tried explaining that we were down to one income due to a layoff and that we were calling to find out how we could get some payments deferred. They were so rude my wife had a panic attack and I'm outraged!! when we make our $393 every month only $40 goes towards the principle. We only have 9 years left on our mortgage and this loan will still not be paid off!!! What a ripoff!!! Basically because we are willing to not pay them without refinancing our credit score has gone down tremendously and we are not eligible!!! This is a predatory loan and I beg anyone reading to not do business with them if you are a new homeowner!!!

I've been trying for years to get away from Greentree with no way out until recently. This is the plea I made to mortgage companies for help.....

My home is a 1998 doublewide Guerdon/Baycrest never owned or occupied until my husband (who is now deceased two yrs. from Cancer) and I bought it in 2001 at a ridiculous rate of 17.25% (daily interest) that we have been locked into all these years with no refi options for us since our home is located in a park. My current lender is Greentree and needless to say I need a refi at a lower rate ASAP... if you could help me I'd appreciate it...

My home is in WA so hopefully that's not a problem as with most lenders. There have been several improvements/upgrades to my home over the years so it would need an inspection/appraisal instead of only going by bluebook value so hopefully you can help me.

After 3 mo I was able to find a company to refinance my home but when it came to a payoff amount for Greentree they had tacked on an extra $6000 dollars for late fees that I never owed because my payments were always made on time with a debit to my bank account. The company taking over my loan couldn't understand how Greentree said I had been late on payments but never reported those (said) late payments to the credit bureaus, this just didn't make any sense so a 3 way call was placed to Greentree to explain. Greentree didn't know why this occurred but insisted I still owed the extra $6000 to pay them off.

This extra amount was worked into my new loan with the new company just so I can finally get out of Greentree's grasp, anything to get away from their high (daily) interest and payments.

I can finally relax knowing I no longer have to deal with Greentree but it still burns knowing they got away with an extra $6000 and all that ridiculous daily interest I paid for almost 14 years.

Vinia
@PissedConsumer853041

Congratulations on getting away from these bullies

@PissedConsumer853041

Are you kidding me? You just gave them 6K for no good reason.

This is why they keep doing this *** to us. We let them get away with it without any fear of repurcussions to them. They raised my mortgage payment by almost $100 a month saying taxes have gone up when they have not. I called, wrote, etc and I am keeping track of all this info so the State Attorney General's office has this to prosecute.

Everybody that reads these needs to know that you have to track the communications and save all your paperwork.

The time will come for these legalized rip off companies to answer to the courts and I hope all the high ranking CEO, CFO, CIO, etc., etc. go to jail for a very long time.

What was the interest rate and term on your original $20,000 Conseco loan? Do you know what kind of loan i was/is?

The scenario you describe is mathematically impossible unless you have omitted some critical parts of the story.

I will try to help you, if you want help, if you post the whole story.

Vinia
@PissedConsumer848663

Responsible American this is the entire story nothing left out the interest rate is 17.9% and they advised me that it's a per diem loan (whatever that means). Bottom line is we have had this loan for 15 years and our payments have never changed and to date we still owe $19,000!!

They have told us that only $40 per month goes toward principle.

We were young nieve homeowners who had no idea what we were getting into. My wife continued to make the payments every month and we just learned that it can't be modified or refinanced because since we are down to one income we don't qualify and our credit scores are down tremendously since we became delinquent on this loan and mortgage due to a layoff in January of this year.

@Vinia

Responsible American also leaves comments telling complainants " Pay your mortgage on time and you won't have this problem"....

i have many fantacys about what i would like to do with green *** tree

View more comments (6)
Oak Park, Michigan
$72000

Greentree Servicing - Mortgage Review

These people are awful it looks like they all work in cahoots. I just got off from disability and was finally able to make payments on my mortgage but it looks like they don't want to work with me. The worst customer service and I just don't want to do business with them anymore. They treated me like a criminal and they were very rude and obnoxious. Very unprofessional and disrespectful. When I asked to file a formal complaint I was told there was no one to complain to, that there was only corporate people to complain to and when I asked for contact information I was told there was no contact information. These people are all working together to make less fortunate people feel degraded.

Try this information:

Corporate Offices

Green Tree Servicing LLC

345 St. Peter Street

St. Paul, MN 55102

800 643 0202

I started treating them just as rude as they treat me. And it makes me feel better.

I also hang up on them after my business is finished.

I don't give people like this the time of day! They don't deserve it!

View more comments (1)

Greentree Servicing - Mortgage Review from Bella Vista, Arkansas

I have a mortgage that was bought by green tree servicing in April 2014. Since then I have received several letters stating my accounts are in past due. This is not correct, in fact I was sent several letters advising me of the title transfer and several letters explaining about wrong account numbers. I called their customer service to discuss the inconsistencies of their communications. Only to be told pay up or for close,however my accounts were not behind. I also received statements to pay extra monies for escrow , which I paid in full. The company does not show a record of receiving the extra escrow payment thus creating a higher monthly payment. I have also been billed each month for extra servicing fees for What? Since April I have been paying extra $40 to $55 dollars each month for extra fees but the customer service has no answer and told me to just pay what is billed. This company sucks so much ,it has the worst customer service and they are making extra money for billing so called fees.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree Servicing - Untimely processing and reimbursement of insurance monies to repair property damage from a tornado

Citimortgage sold our mortgage to Greentree effective in July 2014. We had tornado damage in June 2014 for which our insurance company issued a draft that required an endorsement of the mortgagor. We forwarded the draft on July 9, 2014 and they have these hideous rules on reimbursing the customer. They said it would take up to 10 days. It has been over 10 days and needless to say, it has been raining in La. which could potentially damage even more. This company is ridiculous and provides poor customer service especially to a new customer. I have called everyday to get the status and each time I get a different response. I would not recommend to anyone this company as a mortgagor. I am going to see if I can get My Mortgage financed through another company! To *** with Greentree.

I just received a letter yesterday 8/18/14 from Citimortgage saying my servicing was being transferred to Green Tree Servicing. Having been a mortgage broker for close to 20 years, I knew the reputation that GTS had in the industry!

I called Citi and spoke with customer service and then a manager in the dept. Since I have NEVER been late, and my LTV is less than 10%, and the loan will be paid off in less than 4 years, I questioned how they put this "portfolio of 99,000" loans together. They responded with "it's random" which just didn't make sense so I kept questioning. Finally after much discussion, the statement was made that she "only knew that the entire portfolio could not be poorly performing loans" So one can certainly see the process is certainly not random, and is indeed quite secretive!!!

Thank goodness I do not escrow my taxes ( as I have always advised my clients NOT to escrow) or else from what I've read that could also be a disaster. I sincerely hope I can return to this site in 4 years and state that I have had no problems with GTS after Citimortgage sold the servicing, but that remains to be seen!!!

Port Allen, Louisiana

Greentree Servicing - Missing Green Tree Payments

They bought my mortgage in May.Its now July and they have lost all 3 of my payments.I sent the last 2 quick collect,west union said GT got them and GT still denies it! They made me jump through hoops to show proof,demanded WU call them then said they would do a lost payment search.They are stealing peoples homes!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THEM THEY WILL GET MY HOME OVER MY DEAD BODY!! I have also heard that they won't pay your insurance so it gets dropped then force you to buy their insurance.They keep the payments you send making you late then threaten or start foreclosure!!! I am sending my next one certified mail so they have to sign for it as proof.I called the AG office in MS,signing every petition I can,and complaining everywhere.STOP GREEN TREE NOW!!!
Pass Christian, Mississippi
$2000

Greentree Servicing - Mortgage Review

Greentree is a rip off all they want is money interest rates are high customer service is extremely poor...I have paid over 3000 in two months now they went up on my mortgage 866.00 to 956.00 my family is now looking for more affordable homes
ID
#511910 Review #511910 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Houston, Texas
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree Servicing - Statements State Late Fee Assessed after the 17th of the Month-Not True

Called customer service to dispute the late fee of $29.95. Made payment on 6/17, GT assessed late fee on the 18th. Very RUDE female customer service rep berated me and said I made payment too late in the day on the 17th but wouldn't retract the late payment. I told her there was no reason to yell at me and make me feel bad and she replied, "I'm just telling you how it is!" The wording on the GT statement doesn't state a cut-off time on the 17th. We'll be refinancing ASAP to get away from thesis crooks! DO NOT USE Green Tree Mortgage Servicing!
Laguna Beach, California
Loss

Greentree Servicing - Most of the reviews I have seen don't even know just how far GT will go to steal your home.

My sons mortgage was sold to GT. He is disabled, his wife had been laid off and they were a couple months behind. When sold to GT and he received his first "call" from them he was told not to worry he would not loose his home that they could help with with his hardship, all he needed to do was fill out the appropriate paper work and fax it to them. I faxed paper work for him to them over and over for a month. Each time he called he was told , "Don't worry, you will not loose your home, we just need more paper work. I faxed more. Each time he was told they needed something else. This went on for weeks until he was served with foreclosure papers demanding he be out in a week... then it turned into 2 weeks and now he is being sued by them and has to appear in court. And somehow GT has lost all his paperwork that was faxed to them and I have confirmation that it was received! This is the worst company I have ever heard of in all of my 68 years. And today my daughter tells me her mortgage has been sold to GT. She was 1 day late on her payment, which they told her she had until the 16th to pay. When she wanted to make her payment they asked her if she wanted to fill out mitigation papers. She said "no" I just want to make my payment! She is looking for another mortgage company. And by the way, when GT bought my sons mortgage, and he was only 2 months behind, his house was listed by a local Realtor, who sells homes for GT in our area, as a pre-foreclosure the day it was purchased by GT. Their entire mode of operation is to "assist" people in helping them steal their homes, which most have low balances, so they can turn around and sell them. They do not care if a family of five is living on the streets just as long as they have your home! This is pathetic! This should be against the law. Why can't people get this type of practice stopped. We are talking about thousands of homeowners all across the US being harassed, foreclosed on and loosing thousands of dollars they have poured into their homes for years. One website I looked at with reviews for GT had nearly 10,000, ALL NEGATIVE, ALL WITH THE SAME STORY. There is definitely something wrong with this picture! Who owns this company, some foreign country? Good way to take us down, take away our homes. Why can't this be stopped?
Pulaski, Tennessee

Greentree Servicing - Screwed up accounting

Greentree took a $1,000 payment toward principal and lopped off several months of interest instead of applying the money toward the the principal. Worst customer service ever...worst accountancy ever...when they purchased my mortgage, it was like going from an easy monthly payment through hoops of chaos. They CHARGE a $12 service fee for online payments! UHHGGGHG. I will be doing an equity loan with my bank just to get out of the *** of Green Tree. It is a powerless feeling when you do not have any ability to stop a transfer from taking place, and when you know you are moving from a legitimate business to a second-rate, broke down ghetto company scratching for your money like a succubus. Boo Green Tree. Boo.
Ypsilanti, Michigan

Greentree Servicing - Will not give us Insurance money to rebuild after flood

This company will not reimburse for claims made. We are coming up on 3 months and have received 10% of the insurance money given over to the Greentree mortgage company. I have had to rebuild out of pocket. The claim to oversee my rebuild from South Dakota. They are rude and unhelpful in the face of crisis. They keep reminding me they have until the end of the 10th business day to respond. They are basically holding money for interest by stipulating I have submit all invoices individually. This is wrong and in fact immoral. I have been displaced since flooding and wish to get back into my home quickly. The insurance and workmen have all been helpful. NOT Greentree. Do Not use Greentree if at all possible.