Greentree Servicing - Attempted fruad at 1130lee rd notasulga al

I am writing to get the attention of people who are responsible for the preperty at 1130 lee rd notasulga al. From published records,Green Tree finanacial is the owner of the property at 1130 lee rd notasulga Al36866. The records show that the original owner/mortgager, Lula Mae Maddox, forfeited the mortgage to green tree in July 2009. As of Nov./Dec 2010, lula M. Maddox is still trying to rent the property located at the above address. There is a letter written in lula M. Maddox's own hand asking for 650.00 as deposit on the property and 650.00 for the first month's rent I/We feel that Green Tree Financial should know about this matter as well as law enforcement. Should Green Tree financial have any interest in the matter,the next door neighbors, the heards,"showed" the property using a butter knife in order to open the door. Any facts mentioned in this letter can and will be attested to upon demand.

well if it's a trailer file a bankruptcy and get them off your ***.

Learn how to freakin spell. Your comments make it look as if you a foreigner trying to sell some scamware.

Wetumpka, Alabama

Greentree Servicing - Waited too long to make a payment

I am very upset because I have been on hold to make a payment for two hours and I am still on hold now while I am typing this complaint and no one can take the call other than the bankruptcy unit. I really think that something should be done about that considering there are no jobs perhaps you could hire some people to accomodate this? Or are you afraid your record of treating your consumer speaks for how you treat your staff. Bet you hang up on me cause its almost 6pm central time and thats 5pm your time.
ID
#209583 Review #209583 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Glenview, Illinois

Incompetent processes at GreenTree Servicing - gtservicing.com

GreenTree purchased my mortgage 8 months ago... they have yet to apply a single payment correctly to my account. This despite me complying with their every request. (1) I have formerly written a letter stating that I want any additional payment sent to apply to the principle balance;(2) I correctly fill out the payment coupon marking the 'apply additional payment to principle'; (3) and I not the additional amount going to principle on the Check memo. For 8 months, I have to call every month to have it adjusted. How can a company never get this correct. I will do whatever to have my payment processed correctly -- just tell me what to do!!?? They tell me I am... and they continue to make the adjustment and then mark my account to ensure it does not happen next time. Where is the consumer protection that allows me to take action due to them incorrectly processing the payment month after month? Who know if I am paying extra interest since my statement has so many corrections they don't fit on their 1-page statement... so they get cut-off. This company is incompetent and I am praying a reliable bank purchases my loan... Please!

i paid extra every month for around 6mo I quit because they weren't applying it to the principle, it makes me so angry and I also took out extra insurance on the home and they want to argue with me on it.

I've been dealing with this company for 13 years it's been a real headache for a very long time.

Since gt bouth my account from chase I been having same problem, not only that I call to make a payment by the 12th of the month and they charged me an late fee plus transation fee, I personally found this ridicouslly when my invoice or bill payment states 13th, .

If this is not enough their interest finance charges are super hi.

A rate of 10.625% ;( I wish I have the money to pay off, or be able to find another financing provider.

Very dissapointed............

That's very interesting. I often wonder myself.

It's interesting also how you do financing with one company and without you even having anything to say, they change on you.

I'm still wondering about this company and was going to call tomorrow. Thank you

This is happening to me as well. I have an interest-only loan and, after I corrected the extra payment and had it applied to the principal, Green Tree has yet to lower my monthly payment.

Under my contract, this is required. Based on my communications, I think this is being done purposefully - a very deceptive practice perhaps worthy of a class action lawsuit. I am contemplating this.

In the meantime, I will likely change my loan to a credit union.

good luck they are predators and robbing you blind

Same problem as everyone else with GTS. filled out all forms for electronic withdrawal and they never got it right.

Always sending past due notices and charging extra fees. Lets all file a class action on these morons.....

UPDATE- You think you are winning because you won one battle, but take a look at my newest issue-I personally created and sent C&D, Proof of note and QWR and today upon inspection, the below is discovered!!!!

In response to my QWR, I audited my transactions and mysteriously, on 4/23/13, 2 payments with INSURANCE codes for $1,125 and $200 hit my acct. I call up to let them know that MIRACULOUSLY, after 49 days MIA the $850 that I paid from my NY bank on 3/14/13 that disappeared and pushed me into default, was paid to me on a GTS check dated 4/25/13 after calling every week on Friday for 7 weeks. I FINALLY involved my NY bank, and joila, my payment is paid back to me-proof that they received MY PAYMENT and intentionally moved it around until pushing me into "default!!"…..the same check they received and cashed back on 3/14/13 but never applied to my acct # and said MY CHECK was RETURNED!!

Well, those 2 above amounts erroneously coded for INSURANCE are for LEGAL FEES!!! I have not had any legal contact except 2 forms letters dated 3/21/13 received on 3/26/13 for “Notice of Debt” and “Notice of Default.”! They were form letters AND ONLY RECEIVEd b/c they floated MY payment and didn't apply it to my acct. I finally realized that if your bank cuts a check, they have POWER TO "LOSE" your check and create false default!!!

After 1 1/2 hours discussing above issues today, she tells me they just “code ” legal as insurance!!! Also, she says, we don’t have your insurance policies on file so you better hurry and get them taken care of ASAP (the policies were sent by HOA insurance broker way back when!!)

They are now retaliating for all of the work I did to protect myself by hitting me with false hidden LEGAL charges!!!!! FOR WHAT? For fighting for my right to a QWR and C&D And Proof of NOTE?!!!!

I now have to dispute all of the above and spend MORE time dealing with this. I think it is time to hire someone!!! I literally was sick for 3 weeks from this already!!!.

They are sooooo infuriating!!

I am having issues such as double billing and charging me double my property taxes. After reading these comments, sounds like the attorney general needs to step in. Maybe I will make that call first thing tomorrow morning.

@PissedConsumer641703

I said I was going to call the attny general my self. I had no problem paying my house notr since my husband passed 4 4yrs.

Now they went up on my house note 100.00 I am on a fixed income that is putting me in a bid. Let's all get together and call the atthy.general I am pissed the *** off.

We ended up with GreenTree after GMAC went out of business. I was lucky enough to be able to setup payment process, but I now cannot login to my account.

Apparently, it no longer knows me. When I try to reset password, I get "An unknown error was encountered in your request".

I have never never never had so many problems with online system. They should not be in business.

View more comments (25)
Los Angeles, California
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree Servicing - Contacted family, my work and who knows who else.

Greentree has called my mother, brother, husband's step-grandma, employer, and whoever else because I am 15 days and $178 behind in my mortgage payment. I've requested in writing that I not be contacted by phone, guess they've "misplaced" it as it was few years ago. Evidentally verbally requesting is not enough. I'm writing another letter. I called them and said I'd be recording conversation, they would not consent. I'm filing a complaint with the FCC. I'm educating myself on the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Pretty much everything they're doing is illegal.

I used to have a loan with Greentree but with the economy and all, in the end I was forced to let the house go back. I must admit some of the reason was the constant harrashment and problems. They miscalculated my late fees, they messed up on my so called extensions, and in the end the house was simply falling apart around me because with my high monthly payment I couldn't afford to do upkeep. Some sobering thoughts though, Greentree isn't a third party collection agency. They are the originator on your loan so they are not bound by the Fair Collections Act. I know it sucks but it's how it is.

Sorry,

Axe

I am having similar problems with this company. I didn't want my family to know I was having problems this winter and was struggling to make payments.

One person agreed to a payment plan and another called an left messages stating that I was deliberately ignoring their calls. I called from a place where I have a babysitting job and was treated very rudely. They then called that number (caller id, I guess because I didn't give it to them) and left a message on the machine. I lost the job because of this.

So that set me back again financially and I am still struggling to make up the payment I was lagging on. This is a company that I dealt with in the past when I purchased another mobile home. They were rude but now they are beyond rude and will not listen when you have a plan of action.

Their actions tend to subvert any plans you have to right the situation. Not sure what the solution is but if anyone has some suggestions, please let me know.

#204806

Jenny - we are having trouble with Greetree as well!

Have you contacted a Lawyer? What is going on with you NOW?

View more comments (2)
Jackson, Mississippi

Greentree Servicing - Green Tree Servicing

I am not writing this to get help from anyone. I realized after reading these complaints that many people do not know their consumer "rights" and I wanted to inform them as best as I can. Please, if you are being harassed by this company or any other, go to: http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpajump.shtm There is plenty of information there to assist you in your rights. For starters, The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, clause 805 in particular tells the consumer to send a "certified letter" to the company telling them to cease and desist all communications about the debt with the consumer. If they do not comply, you have a legal complaint. Other clause in this Act specifies threats of foreclosure, calling of third parties, additional fees, etc… Please know your rights, this company treats us like this because they know that no one will actually use the laws that are available to protect from this treatment. I'd like to add that it is very important to keep all documentation from Green Tree, document the time and person in every conversation (you can even record the calls), and be sure to visit as many sites as possible to leave complaints. We, and the government, may not be able to shut them down, but we can and it is our duty to, stop them from receiving any more business outside of what they have. We consumers need to inform other prospective customers of the tribulations that go with this company. This company is a classic "predatory lender" - they chose to lend to "high risk" borrowers just so they can collect more interest. If you read the complaints you'll see that many people mention extra payments being put towards "interest" rather than "principle" - others mention paying well more than the average APR. This company preys on your money. Know your rights and defend your fellow consumer. My story went like this: I am an employee of the federal government and I make very good money. I am not experiencing any hardship, yet they insist on treating me as if I am a habitual offender and a child. Green Tree Servicing calls repeatedly (at least once a day) concerning my mortgage payment, a debt that is not delinquent. When they call they are very insulting and at times resort to yelling at me and treating me like I have done something wrong. I have a legal mortgage "note" from the original mortgage lender (National City Mortgage) which states that my mortgage is due on the 1st of the month and that I will not be assessed a late fee until the 16th of the month. If this company doesn't have payment on the 1st of the month, they will not stop calling and harassing until it is received. I have explained to them that my payment comes from my bank and that my pay periods do not always fall into the schedule to have it delivered on or before the 1st. I have showed them that I have never been late (after the 16th) and never missed a payment. Instead of leaving it at that, they resort to insults and name calling insisting that I make my payments immediately and start doing it by the 1st if I want them to stop calling. This treatment is becoming very stressful and I have experienced much anxiety over these calls. I've never missed a payment or been late (past the 15th).

Like rainy season in Africa. First few rains, nntoihg happens.

Then all of a sudden, it's green all of it! Nature is so beautiful and the changes in time are precious.

March 26, 2011

I have a 2nd Mortgage, serviced by Bank of America Home Loans (they obtained it when BoA bought Countrywide). Bank of America has moved the loan to another subsidiary, called Green Tree Servicing as of March 1, 2011. (How many subsidiaries does a bank need to manipulate money?)

A letter from Bank of America, Feb 7, 2011; informing me of this did not include a new loan number and said Green Tree will be contacting me with new information.

The payment was due on March 1... I had yet to receive a statement from Green Tree. I called an 800 number around March 10; the representative said the loan was still in transition between the 2 banks; and not to make a payment until I received a statement and letter from Green Tree. I was also told not to worry about any late charges for the first 60 days as they understand the confusion that can be caused by transferring loans. And when I receive a statement, it would have both March and April totals due.

I finally received a letter from Green Tree dated March 13 2011; with some information about the transfer and a statement will arrive within the next 25 days.

I finally got not 1, but 2 statements. One for March with the amount due and the second statement with combination of March and April, just like the person told me. I though great, I'll make the one payment in April.

I have now been getting harassing phone calls from Green Tree on the March payment being late.. When I talked to the representative from Green Tree and told her what took place and I had talked to another representative, she was rude and obnoxious about me not making my payments (I’ve never have missed a payment). I told her to stop the harassment and she respond “so you like yelling at people?”. Green Tree can go **** themselves.

I did not ask for my loan to be moved. Bank of America chose to do it. I do not appreciate the untimely communications from this entity; and harassing me because of their slowness to properly bill in a timely matter.

I also just noticed their statement does not include a "due by" date. At least BofA did that.

If you deal with Green Tree … RUN

Wow, my story is the same too. They are very rude to talk to.

I have never been so disrespected on the phone before.

I've only been dealing with them for 4 months now, and I'm already in the process of finding my way away from them. You end up feeling like you have been "set up" for disaster with changes in the payment amounts and due dates, unauthorized transactions on your bank accts., and when you call to find out what's going on you literally get yelled at, and treated like dirt.

#219871

Green Tree Servicing has been treating me the same way about my payment, but my thing is that my payment are due on the 15th of each month and they say it suppose to be on the 1st, but I was told that it was due on the 15th, I don't know were they are going up with all these late charge and they expect you to pay more, It's is a lot that I got to say about this company, Oh how about when they call around in your community telling your information to family & friends about your business, yes I have proof, my things is what can we do about this? HELP

#202305

Just an FYI, that may be helpful. If you do change your phone number and when you call them, make sure you block the number, they are not able to have their computer system/calling system automatically read your number for them to call you back on.

You can do a *67 and then dial GT number. This may help stop the calling.

Wow, I have the same problem with this company my loan recently got bought by green tree, my contract reads the same yet, they insult me, and they call on a saturday at 7 am this is absurd , I have fico score of 800 and over I have never been late , this company needs to stop this unfair practices.

View more comments (5)
Alexandria, Virginia
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree Servicing - Lied, did not post payment, she was fired. I still had to make the payments, late fees, etc..

I wish someone who knows something about computers. Copy this and send it to someone who can do something about them. I agree that class action suit should be filed. please add my name. I lost my job in June 2009. I called Greentree that month, the refused to work with me, I had not had a late payment for over 2 years, I had to take money out of my 401k plan to pay off my house because I had trouble finding work, and I did not want to loose my house. I will never have anything to do with this company and will discourage everyone I know not to.

Can you tell me who, if anyone, I can call at green tree to answer questions about a short sale? The rep. (Renee Martinez is RUDE).

Thanks

my email is: jaquiningo@aol.com

I am a former employee of greentree and yall want to start a class action lawsuiti will help

Columbus, Ohio
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree Servicing - Paid 13 years! Still owe same amount on mortgage!

In 1997, my husband and I purchased a repo mobile home for $26,000. We were both in good health and both working full-time. 13 years later, my husband has a fatal illness and I have arthritis so bad I am disabled. Can we get out of the loan? No! Not only that, but we paid our payments religiously-occassionally being late,etc.; But these folks at GREENTREE are merciless! The clock ticks even if your paycheck arrives a day late!n I did some research and discovered that a group of Native-Americans in Kansas had sued them for predatory lending and(surprise! Surpirse!) Won! I tried to bring this to the attention of the officials of the State of Nebraska who told me this was just how business was done and "like it or lump it." I knew Republicans were greedy, but in Nebraska they will do anything for money. Including sitting back and see their taxpayers get ripped off. BE WARNED! Don't buy a mobile home. Buy a shack in a small town but NEVER a mobile home! And NEVER deal with Greentree! I agree that perhaps we were behind a bit in that we were late a few times in 13 years, but to owe the entire amount-when we had made all the required payments up until the point where we were forced into bankruptcy is just plain WRONG!

Republicans have nothing to do with it. The Bankmasters own both Parties.

That's why you'll never see a "third Party" given any credibility except Independents, who are basically Republicrats anyway.

They all sit on the same side of the Blackjack table and you'll get hosed no matter which one you vote for. For the same reason, you will never see an end to the kleptocracy that has consumed Washington.

I agree with you I have also had my mortgage for 13 years. I called for pay off and was to I had to still pay all of the principal.

Don't be late one day or they are calling you. I wish I could pay it off.

Omaha, Nebraska
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree Servicing - Greentree screwed us royally!!!

on 1-22-08 our house financed through gt was gutted by fire. (for years to save money we paid for their structure insurance) at least if something happened we would still have a house to live in right??? wrong!!! they took all 80 grand and wanted us to pay our full pmt of 850.00 a month and demanded we get insurance. we had 20 years left on our mortgage and were totally up to date with pmts at that time, because we were told be on time for 1 yr and we can refi at a lower interest rate. well after the fire we were told they were not a lender anymore and could not help us. so as a result, being unable to afford mortgage and rent for someplace to live, we were forced into foreclosure. so if you pay for there structure insurance be careful they will not use the money to repair your home. where is the bailout for us??? so not only did i lose my home, pets, and belongings to a fire, but in a year and a half i have lost my home twice. after only owing 28000.00 after the ins. check. the real kicker, the house could have been repaired with about 15-20 grand in materials. so if you know anyone with gt tell them to get rid of them they will *** royally!!!!! Brooklyn mi
Concord, Michigan

Greentree Servicing - Not posting payments

I paid through my online banking account on 3/10/09 and the payment still has not been posted. The automated message says my last payment was made on 1/14/09. Now I'm getting messages to give them a call and when I called them they couldn't find out why the March payment wasn't posted and to call back while the customer service people are there. I thought I was talking to customer service. I am so sick of dealing with this company. All I want to do is get the loan paid off as soon as possible.

Even if you try to pay off your loan, Greentree still wants to rip you off. My mortgage loan was bought by Greentree recently.

I decided to pay off the loan. The amount due was confirmed with Greentree. I sent bank check via certified mail. About 12 days later, I received letter saying that I still owe money on the loan and that the amount sent was incorrect.

Greentree claimed I had sent it in after the cut off date, even though when I call and listen to the automated voicemail, my pay off was posted 2 days before the cut off date. After having to wait a long time, I spoke to supervisor to ascertain why I had all the additional fees. The end solution according to Greentree is either pay the amount or the loan will keep accrueing interest.

I called again to listen to the voicemail regarding the date that Greentree had posted my pay off and the 2nd time, Greentree had changed the recording to a later date. How deceptive of them!!!!

GreenTree was one of the many of the other mortgage companies that gave too many mortgages to people they knew could really not afford them or gave them to people regardless of their bad credit. It is the mortgage companies that allowed our economy to take a dump.

Josh

You make me laugh.

Fix this company go to Twitter and post that you are getting ripped off and see how many tv reporters start investigating Greentree. I did.

View more comments (3)
Parkville, Maryland

Greentree Servicing - I lost my home because of greentree

green tree was my mortgage company, i got behind but got caught up, i set green tree all the money i owed them and then some, green tree took my money and still put my home up for sheriffs sale, my children and i had to leave our home, i had 5 years left out of a 15 year mortgage. The day of the sale, green tree let the court know to stop the sale hours after the sale had taken place. Is there anyone who can help me out with this? I lost over 4 thousand dollars because of this, what happen and where is my money
Monticello, Illinois

Greentree Servicing - Greentree said to buckle down & get the cash

nikki called me at work said greentree would be doing a home inspection and lock at of my home at 7pm that night unless i sent in @$600 that day. she said i needed to buckle down and borrow money from anyone so i ask if her if she and her manager could help me. they don't even know me and they work for the company and can't do that. it's okay to ask other people that don't know me to help pay my mortgage. i pray god blesses these people and they never are in a situation like so many are in today.

we abandoned the single wide we loved cuz we simply couldnt pay the $2600 we owed.We were both unemployed,thus we were in defaulkt. We got the title to this property last Friday,along with a letter stating-"This account has been settled".

how can you explain this? :?

Ada, Oklahoma

Greentree Servicing - GreenTree = Ruthless

My Mother and Step-Father had a mortgage through GreenTree. I had never heard of them. My Step-Father passed away a few years ago and my Mom was doing her best to keep up with the payments as you'd expect. She was also diagnosed with cancer and had spent over a month in the hospital. She was able to return home only a week before she passed in mid-March of this year. As unbeleivable as this sounds, within an hour of the undertaker removing her body from the house, GreenTree called to inform us that she was behind by a month (duh, she was in the hospital) and they were prepared to foreclose. End of March comes and the harrasing phone calls begin again, anyone familiar with these jakals know their tactics...we'll take the house unless you give us your credit card number for the payment, etc. Needless to say, they did NOT get my card number. As a family, we decide to bring the account up to speed until we can find a buyer, but the money is nearly gone and...the phone calls begin again. This time...they can have it! NOTHING is worth the harrassment that these people put grieving families through. We did not take out the loan! We're simply trying to do the right thing and make payments but they are completly ruthless and only slightly better than loan sharks. Now they can have the enjoyment of trying to sell a house in today's market. Good luck!
Cobleskill, New York

Greentree Servicing - Ordinary Folk -vs-Green Tree Finance

Greentree in my observation violates all of the FTC rules at will.They harass, lie, and uses unfair collection tatics against the economic Handicaped.(US) As we celebrate our Nations Independence, I am reminded that Through out history, whenever injustice, was apparent it was " Ordinary Folk" like you and me who stood together to squash it. If the Consumer Agencies won't enforce their Laws, United we can and will enforce them. A change is coming It is time for the ordinary Folk to Unite. We can win if we stand together as one! Rolland T. Hinkins rolland6225@yahoo.com
Tami

I've sent my complaint to the FTC, my congressman, and since President Obama's discussing financial crisis--sent an email to him too. Hopefully enough people will do the same.

Livingston, New Jersey

Greentree Servicing - Harassing and threatening calls

i have been threatened to have my face slapped by luke at greentree and told he would put me in the poor house. he also asks that you send him a picture of yourself so he can put it on his deadbeat wall. i had to have a lawyer contact the company so as not to receive calls from him. he has called after hours and on holidays. this company is a disgrace. they have also called me before my payment is due to see if it is going to be on time.they also tell you to sell everything.
Connellsville, Pennsylvania

Greentree Servicing - Green Tree Financing

Does anybody know if it is illegal for a mortgage company to not credit a payment to you loan. My husband was unemployed and we called on December 18, 2007 to set up 2 payments to be taken out Jan. 4th and Jan. 18th. I talked to 4 different people that day.The last person I talked to insisted that payment be made by the end of December. I explained that it was impossible because of our finances. I gave them our bank acct. info. and the dates and they refused to make the payments and continued to harrass us. Is there anything I can do?

Green Tree Servicing has customer service problems. I have a business and cyclic temporary cash flow problems around tax time.

Green Tree had a person taking care of me who was either having a bad day, or just lost it. I attempted to get a one month extension for $200.00. I had paid my mortgage without problems the rest of the year. This person got difficult and caused me to nearly lose control.

If 90% of the payment is present, and I have an excellent payment history, then how does it advance the company's cause to anger good customers.

Rest assured the North Carolina and Tempe groups are the most difficult. The Rapid City group I feel generally cares and knows that working with the customer is better than losing the customer. I am getting refinanced by another group now, based upon two incidents.

I was a good customer, now I am just another past customer. The Management may not care, but if enough customers leave them, they will.

ID
#111946 Review #111946 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Duluth, Minnesota