Greentree Servicing - Greentree deceived me.

My loan was delinquent and transferred to Greentree. I worked out a deed in.lieu of foreclosure with them basically the house was vacant and vandalized and I needed to clean it up. Two weeks into this process I received notification that I had voluntarily withdrew from the deed in lieu. I kept calling and kept working on the house and was assured by Greentree that there was a mistake and it would be resubmitted. Needless to say Greentree moved forward with the foreclosure and ensured the sale date was so short notice that there is nothing I can do at this point. The auction date was set for three weeks from the court date so there is no time to do anything. Greentree totally misled me and did not correctly document any of the phone calls that I had with them.. Then to add insult to injury they were nasty on the phone and stated that I should have known this was going to happen. Do everything you can to avoid this company they are the worst.
Summerville, South Carolina
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Greentree Servicing - Inadequite knowledge of accounts by representatives

I requested a payment history on 7/29/14 to be faxed to me. I received it on 8/14/14. I had questions regarding charges for insurance and how my payments had been disbursed. I held o n the phone for over 74 minutes on 8/22/14. I was told Jason would call me back to discuss my account which the last payment should be 9/24/14. My loan began with them 10/24/1999 with an outrageous interest rate of 12.99%. I am trying to clarify questions and payoff, NO ONE has contacted me and they will NOT give me the corporate office telephone number to contact someone with knowledge of my account activity/history.

We asked for a payment history and we got only the last 2 years. I have been fighting them for years.

Im so tired that i am going to let them foreclose. This is affecting my health. They held payments for long periods and would harrass me constantly. I dont think all the money i pad went to my loan.

It has matured and they want 9 thousand now.

20 yrs payin on a mobil home and owe that much. I think not.

Corporate Offices

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Greentree Servicing - Forclosed our family farm

Payments were made on a loan for 13 years. They were still asking for the original price of the loan after that time frame. They just foreclosed and got $4000.00 more than original loan. When we asked if a family member could refinanced they told us they would not work with us. They had a 13% loan when all other rates were at 4% to 5%. Our family member also had health problems. The harassment was terrible. They called a couple times per day. Everyday of the week in some instances. I cannot believe this could be legal. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

Greentree Servicing - Said payment were not made to Greetree

Update by user Aug 19, 2014

just the update. All is finally fixed for this month. All late fees were waived and my mortgages are current

Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2014

I have 2 separate account from this company.I made one payment on 7/30/2014 and 8/8/2014 that I sent through my banks ipay.They said they didn't receive any payment from the two accounts, though my bank has proof they received the fund electronically. Now I am being harassed by Greetree daily if I don't send the payments. They also told me to have my bank stop payment on the two loans payments, and have me pay it over the phone to them. My bank wont stop the payments because Greetree already accepted the payments. Also they say now that they don't accept payment electronically even though that how I pay them for over a year!

I have been with them for 15 years and I called many times about my roof leaking they sent someone out and the guy told me I don't have the right insurance to cover it being fixed. I showed him the damage it was doing to the floor he said I didn't have flood insurance.

I'm like flood insurance the roof is leaking. The kitchen window seal leaks water comes in but nothing is covered under the insurance. They call for payments day of but don't want to help you fix anything when paying these high premiums. The attitude of some of the women that calls you or you call they are so nasty to you.

One lady Ms Little oh my gosh she talks at you like you are *** under her feet. I told her I pray you never get in a bind need a little help or time to get something together.

I work there. Bank bill pay sends in a check.

Your bank statement shows it was processed but we never received it. My advise is make your payment on time.

You wont have that problem. Crying about 12 dollars but don't care about a $60 dollar late charge hahahaha

@PissedConsumer859466

Read all the comments about green tree on line.Green tree sucks like that loser Larry that harassed me for five days. This company should be fined Billions from DOJ!!!

@PissedConsumer859466

You work for Green Tree and you admit it? You are a disgusting person

Greentree Servicing - Loan Review

I have been harassed by "Steve" constantly over the phone. I have tried to set up a payment with him and he demands more than what I am able to pay at the time. He has said that he will mark my account that I am refusing to pay. That is not true at all. If I was refusing to make payments then why would I be trying to give my bank account info? I have had nothing but problems from this company since my loan was sold to you. I will not stand to be treated like a dog on the phone and will not talk to "Steve" again. You really need to put your people through some classes on customer service. The harassment and threats do not get you anywhere and only gives your company a bad name.
Greentree Servicing Loan

Greentree Servicing - GreenTree Harrassment HAS TO STOP!

I had a BOA loan initially also. At least if you were behind, they didn't harass you. I hope EACH AND EVERYONE of those bastards employed by Green tree have a hardship one day and end up in my situation! Karma's a ***! I have had automatic payments through the prehistoric website for 3 years until I broke my limb. I disabled it because I knew I wouldn't have the full amount until I took a loan from my pension plan. Now, I am 45 days late and have received the NOTICE OF DEFAULT letter. I am also plagued by the 5-6 calls each day. What gets me, is they think they're slick by using different area codes AND using different caller Id's, such as Medical companies. Isn't that false representation? I don't even answer my home phone as a result. Might even cancel my home phone... 1 less bill! So, I called them today because I may not have the full amount in 30 days. Like everyone else, the 1st. thing the rep asked was if I intended on keeping the property! She was rude and I tried to tell her I was injured and I might not have the entire amount by the due date. She said the ONLY way to stop foreclosure proceedings was to setup automatic payments with my bank. I refuse. I will not run the risk of them withdrawing 1300.00 automatically if the money is not all there. I've NEVER over- drafted my account and the rep said it would be better than losing my home! WHAT NERVE! I told the rep, I would use my bill pay IF I decide to keep the house. My next call is to an attorney.... UGH! I can't decide which job would be worse? Attorney or GreenTree employee! Good luck EVERYONE. Remember, "WHAT COMES AROUND, GOES AROUND....KARMA IS A ***!"

Greentree Servicing Loan Payment Review from Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Does anyone know if this is even possible? Have had a loan with GT since 2007. It was taken out for $28,000. Have paid on it for 7 years never missing or being late with a payment. Interest is 9%. Our balance is still $26,000. After 7 years? Going to call and see what they did. If not satisfied, getting an attorney.

No its possible..they are crooks and Our great Government is letting these disgusting people get away with this..if you can get a loan to pay them off and get away from these bloodsucking nasty horrible disgusting vampires !

Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Greentree Servicing Home Refinance Review from Doylestown, Pennsylvania

This company sucks! Went to refinance our home and GreenTree is the second mortgage holder.They refused to remain the second mortgage holder and wanted to be the first lien on the home. Loan was denied, and even our bank said this was really *** of them. Now looking into a personal loan just to get rid of Green Tree!
Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Greentree Servicing - Loan Review from Guthrie, Oklahoma

Wow I guess just reading a few reviews what can I say?apparently everything's been said.rudeness must be part of I can't scroll to the bottom of this page your resume when you seeka job at brown tree. yep great page here you can even scroll down to the bottom so I have to put the end of this in the middle. But that's what I mean show me something right in this world the computer age is a horrible thing when I change my underwear it always reminds me of them. I don't really know what to say other than that is there a regulation board that oversees this hideous operation of thieves.they lost my last payment , wink wink , and when I found out I immediately got in touch with them to pay so I did a check over the phone on May 1st by the end of the month they had taken nearly $2000 out of my account.I went to my bank they said that I had given them authorization for autopay. I haven't been able to get in touch with them since.I haven't had time in the day yet to call them because I just found out about it and I've been working. I want to know does anybody know out there I want to just let this go and let them come and take that piece of *** mobile home and they're high interest rate but I'm afraid that they will be able to sue me for what owed.at that interest rate I would have to be a vampire to live long enough to pay it off and of course nobody will loan me the money on it I'm stuck with it. I'd rather live in a pup tent. As far as rudeness that doesn't bother me I've gotten used to that cause most businesses these days are ran by this generations rude behavior.no one has respect anymore. But when it comes to money then I get angry. I tried to talk to them before about the interest rate they were mad about that.this is the new way of making money because no one wants to do real work anymore and for all you younger people you got it really bad future coming I know that some of you work but most of you don't you're lazy rude young adults and you're having kids this world is on its way out I have lived the best of times and I'm sorry but that is the way our country is evolving and there is no stopping it now so good luck. There's nothing you can do about these people.welcome to your brave new world I will move on with no regrets I worked hard all my life no food stamps just work I didn't spend a cold December day sipping hot cocoa talking about Obamacare I grew up in Montana and I work in 20 below zero weather when I was about 24. I had to kids
Guthrie, Oklahoma

Greentree Servicing - Worst customer service

Account service people are a joke. My account was sold to greentree from another bank. Nothing but problems from the start. I hate my account manager. I feel like I'm calling the local McDonalds to service my loan. I may be better off doing that. Wish there was a way to have the account moved. ... Guess I need 100 words to post.. so here's more ... Whenever you call. Your phone number is attached to your account. They won't let you talk to anyone else. My incompetent account manager wouldn't let me talk to his manager. Guess he was trying to protect himself after he messed up my auto pay twice. My bank froze my account they thought it was theft ! Thieves that's my experience in one word

Our mortgage was sold to Green Tree in February 2013. It is the most horrible company to deal with.This company needs to be shut down.

Everyone you talk to is unprofessional, lies and doesn't give a *** about trying to help the consumer. They treat people as if they were animals. They continue to say I owe a past due payment as of 2/2013, but to date they have refused to provide me with a printout. We made our payment to GMAC in 1/2013 they still are denying that we paid are mortgage.

I am behind our mortgage as for we have had a reduction in our income an increase in debt. We are trying to gat a modification at the present time but knowing GT they probably will not work with us to help resolve our situation. They have mailed harassing letters to us for the past year. My husband refuses to speak with them because of the way they have treated me.

I have proof of all my payments that have been made. They have even sent a letter of default when I'm 3 months behind. They also sent a letter stating that in 12/2013 we made a mortgage payment that we had insufficient funds in the bank.

I took this letter to our bank and they confirmed that this was not our account.

So needless to say they lied about they spoke with my husband and he gave a payment over the phone from our account.

Please advice what we can do to get our loan out of this horrible company. Where can we file complaints si they are made public.

:cry :cry

@PissedConsumer810393

On Facebook . Victims of Green Tree Servicing . Discussion / Support Group .

BOA sold my home loan to Green Tree last year. First payment I made to Green Tree was cashed by Green Tree but not applied toward my account.

After numerous phone calls I was told that my payment had been applied to the worng account. Two more posting errors later with me explaining the check numbers and providing the date the check was cashed and they are still charging late fees. I spoke with my account manager twice giving her check number and dates. She promised to send out a letter explaining the mistakes and showing corrections on my morgage payment history.

Instead I just received another statement with a late fee and no record of March's payment posted 2/22/14. Which agency can help me?

After I make a payment I like call and ask if they got it. And ask how it was applied.

Ask my escrow balance and loan balance and how much to principal. Hang up and call again. Ask next person same question . Maybe call again tomorrow and ask again.

Sometimes just call to ask what their intentions are with the property.

Hammonton, New Jersey

Greentree Servicing - Green tree are all liars

i urge everybody not to use these lying bastards.I never received a contract on the loan. so i have requested one 7or8 times and keep getting a lie why i havent received it.these *** dont care about their customers. you could get better service from a las vegas loan shark. we first req. this contract sept. 22 13 and now its jan.26 14. i sent payoff jan. 21. we will see if we get our title. if we get jerked around on this we have employed an attourney and will sue these bastards. he is a title company lawyer and already knows this green tree. we also tried to move our due date on payments and they said this couldnt be done.every time i call them they push me over the edge and i cuss them out. i,m better at it than they are!!
Englewood, Colorado

Greentree Servicing - Owe less than 800.00 on loan/Threatening foreclosure

I got a letter saying that if we don't pay our loan in full by Jan.1st they will foreclose on our home. I called the rude GT person and they lectured me on the way I spend my money. I've not been more than 12 days late on a payment the entire year and have been laid off four 5 months. It's Christmas time and she says I should go borrow the money from family or friends so I can keep my home. I hate greentree. I get calls at home, on my cell at all times of the day and night. If I had the money I would pay them off and never look back. I am so upset. I don't know what to do.

"Anonymous from Los Angeles", it's funny that your IP isn't in Los Angeles. As a Green Tree employee, you should learn to curb your nasty comments and taunts. Or perhaps that's how they train you nowadays. I hope this situation never happens to your own mother, friend, or close relative. Then again, "Anonymous from Los Angeles", you may not have any friends because of your limited choice of vocabulary, and obviously your fake location stats.

As far as the person being threatened over $800.00, please stop taking their calls. Request any further communication to be in writing as your rights have been violated per the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Seek advice from a lawyer in your area affiliated with the National Association of Consumer Advocates.

Please don't give up. You're not alone. Reference this site for the current lawsuit against Green Tree: theleonardlawoffice DOT com /2013/04/03/complaints-about-green-tree-servicing/

You'll find some advice as to where you can file complaints. Again, do NOT take their calls. They're paid to harass and distress you. They're paid to lie and make up threats in order to bully you into paying more money.

Please don't give up. You're not alone. Reference this site for the current lawsuit against Green Tree: http://theleonardlawoffice.com/2013/04/03/complaints-about-green-tree-servicing/

Shut up, Anonymous from Los Angeles. Get a life......

What should you do? You should pay your bills on time.

Greentree Servicing - Insurance claims

my nightmere began when a neighbor that i barley even knew passed away left his home and property to me in his will. i was told that the property was paid for so i moved in...there was a broken water main that had been running full force for who knows how long and as a result caused some serious damage. i had found some home owners insurance papers in the home and it was confirmed that the previous owner paid the insurance up to two years so i filed a claim. a few months later i started getting calls from bofa who would not tell me why they were calling, they only wanted to talk to the deceased. when i finelly go them to understand that the previous owner was dead and i was willed the property, six months had passed. then i get a call from greentree telling me there was a 60 thousand dollar loan taken out on the home a year before the previous owner passed away (the home was bought for 40 thousand and is now only worth 32 thousand. ) long story short the ins comp made the check out to me, and b of a. after partial MAJOR repairs (rebuilt sub flooring, rewiring of the electrical panel and re plumbing the entire place) b of a finelly cut a partial check that was less than 1/2 what the insurance company issued and they made the check out to me and the deceassed! because of that , i was never able to cash the check and all the repairs came out of my disability check. two weeks after i recieved the check (that i still have not been able to cash, ) i was sent to green tree. they have every excuse including "they dont have the loan and then they do the next day they dont etc" all the while they are sending me threatning letters to foreclose. this has been going on for two years now and i have not made one single payment to anyone. i still have not recieved the remainder of the insurance funds that were issued ($8,232.27) and i doubt that i ever will. i filed bankrupt last week so now green tree will just have to wait a little longer to foreclose.
Kingman, Arizona

Greentree Servicing - Green Tree is not a good company for Mortgages

Green Tree has listed my loan as a charge off when I was not even late with the payment. Screwed up my credit up with that charge off and won't negotiate in good faith. Sent in financial and they never got back to me. They should never be in business in dealing with consumer loans. People are rude and do not return your calls in a timely manner. I need an Attorney to sue the heck out of them for messing up my credit and listing my loan as a charge off when it really was not.I will never get a 2nd TD with them.
Los Angeles, California
Loss

Greentree Servicing - WORST CUST SVC EVER!!!!!

I paid TWO months ahead on my loan... TWO MONTHS!!! I called to check on payments and of course they were input incorrectly. MISTY is the nastiest supervisor and needs to be re-trained. She told me it was MY FAULT they still took money from my account because I didn't ask them not to. How on earth is it my job to tell them how to do theirs.... Misty said the rep probably didnt notice the auto pay feature that was coming due. THATS THEIR JOB!!!!!!! That was the entire purpose of my phone call--- to make sure, BEFORE the payment was even due, to make sure they applied everything properly, so I wouldn't have problems when the 1st of the month came. I was "disconnected" three times, and called back. THE ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!!! I have called previously and the representative was incredibly rude!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD CHOOSE THE COMPANY AS A LENDER!!!! My loan was sold to this bunch of hooligans who have no idea what they are doing.....

Do what I did, refinance with another company as soon as you can,,

Las Vegas, Nevada