Greentree Servicing - Aggressive and threatening

Unfortunately we are one a many many families that ended up having to foreclose on a house. After trying contract for deed with 5 tenets for a house that wouldn't sell, every tenet failed to follow through with the contract and we lost thousands. I have talked to a lot of people attempting to collect this debt but have NEVER been treated so horribly as when Green Tree took on this loan. We, my husband and I, were told that we are irresponsible people that don't care about others. We were told that we owed them and have no right to 'walk' away and that we have to set up a payment plan now before we really get into trouble. I tried to explain that my family moved 5 states away from home and used all the money we had to get here. This was the most aggressive and condescending I have ever dealt with regarding business of any kind. He finished off by saying he was sorry but we would have to file for bankruptcy because we have no more choices. I hate to see what karma has in store for a person that adopts such an approach for his profession. I will be recording out next conversation.

It is illegal to record a phone conversation unless you make the other person aware of your recording at the beginning of the call. The other person has the right to discontinue the call .

These people bought our mortgage from GMAC. And have twice said we were late on our payments.

Never in our 25plus years of mortgage payments have we been late. Seems they take a week to process the payments so unless they receive your money by the first of the month you will be late.

Run as fast as you can from this company. Find someone better

View more comments (1)

Greentree Servicing - Loan payoff

title company sent GT payoff and additional interest. GT sat on payoff for five days and then sent it back saying no enough money because of late charge for month in which being paid off. Title attempts to help GT understand they have more than what is needed because pay off amount was good through end of month and it was no yet the end of the month, even with late charge. Customer calls GT who says they never received payoff, duh as the it was Customer Service and supervisor who said, on same day, they returned payoff for additional funds. Proof of payoff and GT return of wire faxed to GT, no response. GT held funds and now is attempting to extort even more money from customer. B of A owns this company and should be ashamed.

B of A does not own Green Tree. Former B of A executives may own GT but there is a difference. Know what you are talking about before posting

Carmichael, California

Greentree Servicing - Customer Service is a joke and they are very rude

I called to make see if there was any other way of making a payment with out being charged the $12 fee and was told there was not any other way. So i asked if i went ahead and paid it if they could waive the $12 fee since it was my first time paying since my loan was sold to them by boa and was told yes they would do it as a one time courtesy. i asked 2 times to make sure and was told yes. well they did end up charging me the $12 anyhow. so I called greetree to see if they could refund it and was told i have to fax a copy of my bank statment showing that it was actually done !!!! not only that the rep was so freakin rude as heck said i was taking shots at him and i was being disrepectful and i couldne have had anyone more rude!! he said to take the reviews like a grain of salt ...i asked to speak to the manager and she was just as rude. its a nightmare. im going to refinance to get away form this company. sad thing is this is my first month and payment. i cant imagine staying with this sorry *** company.
Killeen, Texas

Greentree Servicing - Not following the Presidents guide lines

Greentree gave me an apollo mod and told me my interest rate will go down to 3%. They gave me 3 free months of payment and at the end they kept my interest rate the same and stuck the 3 months on the back end of my morgage and extended my loan. They are taking 41% of my income every month.modifications are suppose to be at 31% of my income. They are nasty and disrespectful and refuse to help me. If i didnt except their mod I would of have to pay them the 3 months they gave me for free.Which was over 3000.00 dollars. The 31%is suppose to include my taxes and insurance.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Greentree Servicing - Misappropriation of funds

My mortgage is through Greentree Financial. I requested the payoff amount of my loan, which was $7386. I then sent them $7450, but instead of paying off the loan, they used $2330 of it to buy me another year of insurance (I still had 2 and a half months of insurance left) so that the loan would not be paid off and I would still owe them payments. After a week of fighting with them, I finally got the insurance cancelled, but when I called their customer service to check on closing the account they were extremely rude and suggested that because I had gotten behind in the past they didn't have to do anything. I believe this is misappropriation of funds and I'm still fighting with them.
Semone

I worked there seen many people closing on loans with many problems quoted one thing told another money not getting credited properly nobody can be that *** with other's money they are scammers and crooks

Park Hill, Oklahoma

Greentree Servicing - Shady

Need help! A loan I have with my parents was sold to green tree and the whole thing has been a nightmare...rude people, hidden fees, and now they want a new trust drawn up(expensive). Are they legit? Are we paying a *** artist or are we paying off a house? Has anyone ever dealt with them? I am concerned about getting out, they have all of our personal information. What rights do we have? Can they in turn sell our loan again? Please help as my parents are elderly and I fear they are being taken advantage of.
Semone

Worked for Green tree got fired for doing or trying to do right don't care about elderly or anyone will try to take what people worked for years to obtain rude people in company always the motto of that place should be kick them when they are down no joking intended just know how it works if you can get rid of them do it they are no good crooks watched many things that was wrong glad got fired could not take working with crooks worst than carnival people

When GMAC Mortgage sold my mortgage to Green Tree I immediately thought of some sort of Eco Friendly connotation because of its name. I wanted to pay my mortgage on demand like I have with GMAC, but no..

I would have to shell out $12 per transaction if I do it this way. I thought electronic transactions would be a very convenient and fast way to pay down my loan, not only eliminating paper transactions through snail mail. They told me that they go through a 3rd party service for on-line transactions and they have to pass the cost to the consumer. However if you sign up for automatic transactions they will waive the $12 fee.

Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. This is very inconvenient. Even the web site is user unfriendly. Very basic, it gives very little information.

It doesn't even list the amount of extra principal separate from the applied principal paid towards the loan. Furthermore very little information is displayed. With GMAC's website all this information was available in a nice orderly manner. If you wanted expected payoff date you got it.

If you wanted a payment history you got it. There were so many tools at your disposal with GMAC. You even had the ability to schedule your payment ahead of time..this is very useful so I could budget my finances. Greentree's website is not very progressive, they should get into the 21st century.

They are just going to receive snail mail payments from now on.

I can't wait to pay my mortgage off. :upset

Wren

keep the complaints going...only way to support a class action/or private civil lawsuit!!! keep posting your complaints!!!

I would advise you to contact your state's department of financial institutions, housing finance commission as well as the federal trade commission and contact your state senator.

In addition, consider hiring a good real estate/contracts lawyer who will run a pro bono (no money up front) case - maybe even organize a class action suit for other mortgage fraud victims in your state.

The Attorney General's Office won't be able to help as they are mandated NOT to represent individual citizens. You may file a complaint just to have a record for your benefit but they have their hands tied and cannot actually do anything to enforce the law. It sucks, but my state's AGO is only there to represent the state agencies, not it's citizens.

Good Luck!

View more comments (3)
Los Angeles, California

Greentree Servicing - NO HELP FOR A DISTRESSED MORTGAGE

Prior to the transfer of my mtg from a reputable company to this company - we were promised a loan modification. After the transfer we contacted GT to ensure that the paperwork followed. We were told this could take months. We finally received notification on 1/16/13 that the paperwork was received and they would review and address the issue within 30 days. 3/5/13 we still hadn't heard so we called; whereby we were told how many days our loan was late NOT LATE (we have a 15 day grace period) and that we would have to go through the modification process again. After an hour of answering very personal questions - the VERY BEST this company could do was make our next month's payment $500 MORE....... UNBELIEVABLE. Like on other reviewer I CANNOT WAIT TO REFI and give my hard earned money to a more reputable company... just wish we could win the lottery and tell all these guys to just KISS MY ***...
#619048

I want to refi to run from them as well. However, the lender could transfer your loan to them again. That would blow.

Denver, Colorado

Greentree Servicing - Telephone Harassment

I have had a mobile home financed through Greentree for 17 years. Due to the economy, lack of work, and personal health we had to file bankruptcy in 2009. We reaffirmed the loan since my son and family lived there. When he got married in 2011 and moved out I leased the mobile home to a family I thought was honest and would take good care of it. I had problems collecting the rent and had to eventually had to ask her to move out since she took it upon herself to reduce the rent payment by $200 a month for 3 months in a row. During this last year my husband had an accident and had to have brain surgery. During this very difficult time the payment to Greentree was late sometimes due to my priorities to my husband's care and the late payments from my renter. Greentree had NO COMPASSION at all. All they cared about was the payment to them. My husband is still having surgery about every 6 weeks due to scar tissue blocking his airway around his trach. We are paying out of pocket for the services that insurance doesn't pay for. When the renters moved out they were a payment past due, + late fees that had accumulated, plus the 3 months shortage in the last three payments. I live in another state so my son put up rent signs and took phone calls from interested parties. I explained to Greentree what we were doing and hoped to have the mobile home rented in a month. When my son finally got access to the mobile it was in terrible condition and didn't want anyone to see it like that. My son, his wife, and my grandson all went in and started cleaning and repairing things that needed work. Meanwhile, Greentree said they were sending someone out to check the home. After I tried to explain again I didn't have the money right then to catch it up they kept asking me to give them a checking account number to make the deduct the payment from, How many times should you have to tell someone you don't have the money!!! I ended up hanging up on them because I wasn't getting anywhere. The next day they started calling and this last Thursday they called my cell phone 50 times + my home phone every other time. I would call this harassment big time! My son has someone wanting to rent the mobile home asap but I can't get Greentree on the phone because they're closed, when I try to leave a message for the contact it says there's no one by that name. Figure that!! This company is greedy, unwilling to work with you, and doesn't abide my the law! After this amount of time I have equity in this home and I'm sure they know they can make money off of it. I might add, this is the ONLY company that wouldn't reduce the principal amount on a loan. They are not willing to work with you NO MATTER what you're going through. I'm sure if my husband had died, which I was told he wasn't going to make it at the beginning, they would still call me every chance in one day that they could. It doesn't matter to them. Sorry this is so long but the whole story needed to be told. Don't use or trust this company!
Joncarlo

Victims Support Group on Facebook . "Victims of Green Tree Servicing "

Greentree Servicing Loan

Greentree Servicing - RUN as fast as you can....

GreenTree customer service is horrible. They want you to contact them before you post anything negative. I have nothing nice to say about them. My loan went from GMAC to GreenTree. I had the hardest time contacting GreenTree with questions and concerns. My taxes were not paid out of escrow and they told me they were quite busy because of the GMAC loan turnover and they would put in a request to have my taxes paid. How long will that take I asked? I was told again they were busy and they would not commit to a time frame. Their customer service reps are quite aggressive I am refinancing.
Iyahna

Customer service is a poor,sad excuse. They say they understand,but it appears they do not.

You can call and explain over and over and over your problem,they say they understand, but lo and behold! another paper in the mail to fill out. I am so angry,frustrated.I would NEVER recommend this company and all the "arms" it is affiliated with.I guess there is no "higher up" person to talk to, I have requested, but there is no help. I can not believe this company is still in business.

I did not sign my loan with them years ago I ended up sadly with them.Total complete MESS OF A COMPANY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! You will be sorry!

:upset :? :sigh :cry :( :x :eek :roll

This company is a total FRAUD. My husband and I have been stuck in this loan since 2005 at a 14% interest rate.

By law, they MUST disclose who the payment goes to. They themselves are NOT a mortgage holder.

You can write a letter to them telling them that, by law, you must know who the money is going to so that, this way, you can contact them and deal with them directly. GREENTREE is awful.....if you are considering them, run in the other direction quickly!!!!

Greentree did the same thing to me, not only did they not pay our property taxes out of our escrow, they have the wrong parcel number listed on our property. I couldn't convince them and the courthouse couldn't convince them that they were wrong. It took me almost a full year to get them to correct their mistake.

Call them over and over and over again, until you get them to do their job.

Iyahna
@PissedConsumer615948

Have tried and tried to call. No one will fix the simple problem of changing my name on the loan.

They have even gone so far as to give me a name I have NEVER used,now I have to sign papers to change that name,I have explained I am not that person, but I guess now I have to be. Thought it was illegal.

Maybe it depends on what state you are in? Maybe one can use any name in the phone book?

View more comments (3)
Elyria, Ohio

Greentree Servicing - Non allocation of escrow shortage payment

Customer service is non existent. Loan from GMAC to Greentree. GT did not credit my escrow shortage payment resulting in my loan payment being the higher amount. Two phone calls in February and there refrain was to blame GMAC . Told if I didn't,t pay the higher INCCORRECT amount my loan would be I default. How many phone calls is it going to take and is this legal? Can anything be done or do they have at least a month to keep your mo.ney in limbo and not apply it correctly? Kept being told it " would all even out" . When?
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Greentree Servicing Loan

Greentree Servicing - Worst Customer Service Ever!!

My home loan was purchased by Greentree from GMAC. To date I have not received a statement, despite the fact that Greentree paperword states, "GreenTree will begin posioting payments O/A 14 Feb 2013. You should be receiving your first statement from GreenTree by mail the week of 18 Feb 2013." It is now the 25th and I haven't received a statement. Since then I have tried to call GreenTree. They have only one customer service number which immediately routes you into Voicemail ***. I cannot get thru to a person directly and am kicked out of the que due to wait times. This company's brochure says: "At GreenTree we build relationships that work and we look forward to providing you with quality service for years to come." Bah!!! What a load of manure. There is NO customer service. I will be changing lenders this week if GreenTree doesn't get it's act together.

I was also an unlucky GMAC customer who was "Greed Tree'ed".

The company did provide me a statement but it doesn't follow banking rules or common sense. Over $400 is missing from my escrow and the statement provides no accounting starting from the amounts GMAC said they were turning over.

Calling customer service resulted the same as others; automated service and hangs up on you if you wish to wait for help. The online account system is third world and also provides no accounting.

I would be willing to join a class action against them if we can pool enough folks and a lawyer.

For getting through GreenTree phone menu, try what I did - don't enter account /SSN/ ph number - another menu will (eventually) come up, and it will offer you an option, "if you know your party's 5-digit extension, press 5...". I did that, randomly dialed 55213, got a fellow named Tyler who then transfered me to someone else. After one other transfer, I go through and spoke to someone.

View more comments (1)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Greentree Servicing Loan

Greentree Servicing - They make your payments later because their payment process

When you pay them using my banks free payment system.green tree takes a long time crediting account. My small local bank pays it electronically. This large company rep told me they send it by mail. But they don't.and to top it all off they say a earlier payment was short 4.Dollars and they can not post it and somehow found my Next door neighbor phone number trying to contact me. I know i'm not 100 percent on my loan or i would not even be with this company but there is a difference between collecting and a shifty non moral heartless company
Alisha

As a former GMAC Mortgage customer,you would have been charged a fee if you paid your mortgage through Western Union or MoneyGram. You are charged for the convenience.

As a Green Tree customer you can avoid the $12.00 Western Union SpeedPay fee if you establish a recurring payment through ACH (Automated Clearing House) or pay through your own bank's bill payment system.

There are no late fees charged in the first 60 days following the servicing transfer date so you do have time to make your new payment arrangements.

@Alisha

GMAC did not charge fee's for online payments. So as a former GMAC customer why pay through Western Union or MoneyGram, when paying on line with GMAC was free, unlike GT Scamming?

Also many complaints about GT Scamming withdrawing money without informning the mortgage holder using ACH.

What you say and what your company does do not match up!

I to was just switched from GMAC to Green Tree.I HATE the customer nonservice and the fact that they steal $12 per payment. I don't understand how they can charge me for something that GMAC didn't. Green Tree just sucks.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Greentree Servicing - THIS COMPNAY NOT A BBB BUSINESS

I have checked with the bbb and low and behold this company is not accredited. go figure. just thought I'd let everyone know. I'm going to search a little deeper to see what else I can find. Our loan was sold from bank of tennessee , then to flagstar now to these *** Apparently no one works there to answer the phones. I clled the office in SD, guess what? no answer there either. surprise. Something has got to done about this so called bank. And I will find someone or something to get them to get off the fence and do there job.....
Joncarlo

New Group formed on Facebook

"Victims of Green Tree Servicing"

jeff w

Good luck dealing with them. They will lie,tell stories.

They will hang up on you. The will not take your calls. They will keep you on hold for at least 30 minutes. All they are interested in their money.

They will even call you the day before your payment is due. I can write a book in which I am not going to. There is too much to write. Once in a while I even get phone calls in spanish.

They will do any thing to annoy you. Best thing to do is ignore their calls. Just send them a certified check. To prove that you made your payment.

They are scoundrels. Good luck.

I believe when you make a payment online,or to an agent on the phone,you are actually making a "western union wire transfer",I've done the research,this place got its start making risky secured mobile home loans to people with "troubled credit",I am also convinced they are a debt colection agency! they operate in 1 way mode-them calling you,vice versa is difficult at best,last month was terrible for me,statements dont match online info,payments made dissapeear,the website can take up to 3 weeks to show updated info,mind blowing,......

@PissedConsumer610964

I had excellent credit until I called them to tell them I needed a 3 month repreive. I was diagnosed with stage 4 brain tumor.

They will not work with you. Good luck and be prepared for their lies.

Taesha

BBB is an old outdated institution, so don't use that standard to go by for any company.

I will tell you Green Tree isn't in the business of making their customers, repeat customers. $12 for paying instantly online??? $12 for paying instantly by phone? I will be refinancing this loan, even if I am forced to take out a 10 loan (I only owe 6 more years!)

I'm really going to miss GMAC.....

@Taesha

-Robres- we are in the same boat...

We got the letter from them LATE last week that they were now servicing our loan, like you we had been with GMAC. That letter said that the bill was due YESTERDAY. --Oh yeah and we will charge you $12 to give us your money.-- How the heck can we send them a check when there is no mail between the time we get the letter, and the time it's due???? From the way they treated me when I called and what I've seen online, they will not get any more of my money.

I went to my bank today and we can get a 15 year for 2.8%. guess what we are doing!!!

View more comments (5)
Bristol, Tennessee

Greentree Servicing - Cant get the payment to post

Greentree took over our mortage in jan 2013. as of yet I am unable to reach them to speak to anyone, they send me letters saying the payment is late when its not. they have yet to cash the check we sent for feb. This is the worse company EVER. I dont where the other banks find these Bt they I suppose they dont care as along as they get out of the loan. THIS BANK SUCKS. I tryed to pay online only to get kicked off as well, and then they want 21.95 to process the payment. im getting out of this loan as soon as i can

I sent a payment at the end of Jan for Feb it was cashed on the 8th but didn't show up on my bank statement until the 11th, I got a packet from green tree after that with no exact amount to pay just a payment slip that authorized them to take payments electronically, and then I got a letter from gmac saying that Ocwen was handling my loan with a payment slip also with no amount on it, at this point I don't know who to send the check to ????

GreenTree makes every effort to steal money from the consumers by not properly posting or not posting timely.

I have several loans serviced by this organization. They posted all my payments to 1 loan causing the others to be late.

So far it has been impossible to get any action on reversing these late fees. BTW....if you talk to the manager named Amber.....rude, condescending, and not too intelligent

jeff w

Good luck Harley. They are known for posting late payments.

They will deny it though. I think they like to charge you a late fee.

Bristol, Tennessee

Greentree Servicing - Took over GMAC they won't answer the phone

this company took over GMAC Mortgage. I am trying to to clarify if they will not charge me a late fee for this months payment but they will not answer the phone. When I told the lady on the other side I would like to record the conversation saying the late fee will not be assessed for the first payment she said she was not authorized to be recorded. I went to pay my mortgage online like I have for the last ten years at GMAC for free, but GTServicing charges $12 just to make a payment online. This is a joke. Every other account I have, I can make payments online for free. This goes for utilities, credit cards, car loan and formally my mortgage payment. What the *** is wrong with this company. I am ready to refinance as long as they are not going to be my service provider. They treat me more like a victim then a customer and this when they are trying to sell me refinancing and homeowners insurance. This company truly sucks and I can not wait to fire them.

Just paid the 12 dollar ripoff fee in order to pay them. Can't wait to get rid of this joke of a servicer

I was with GMAC until February. I sent my Feb payment certified return receipt.

Payment arrived Feb 15th no one was able to sign the receipt for GT. I better not see a late charge. :(

You can't talk to a human.

The phone rings 70+ times before I hang up. This has been the a horrible experience.

I agree with everything you said,and am still trying to get my mind wrapped around how they operate. I am completely positive at this point they are a debt collector,way more than a "loan servicer",and am having all the same experiences trying to pay them,very difficult.

I have figured out though,the $12 fee,is a fee they pay to "western union",I think every online payment is actually a wire transfer,this company operates with a giant "wall" between them and their customers,a wall of distrust,payments are best mailed in,it is really a scary place to owe money to,Ive read horrible things they do if you were to not pay,most of what Ive read is major public embarrassment,calling uncles,aunts,etc. scary,...

Austin, Texas