Greentree Servicing - What a "JOKE"

I went to the GMAC company in town & they said that my payment if it was an automatic withdrawl from my bank that it would be still processed. Ck today & it was not so I tried calling Green Tree customer service..got tired ot pressing buttons & still not getting A LIVE PERSON. I called back again still the same. They said that I was to receive payment information, etc..well nothing has been received. How this company is running a so-called multi-million company is asboutly "BULL----" I am checking into refinancing my home because who wants to deal with a JOKE of a company like this..instead of Green Tree to me it is "DEAD TREE".

I had been told by a customer service representative from Green Tree that the ACH which was set up for GMAC would not work for Green Tree. I called my bank and transferred the mortgage amount to Green Tree.Today I was able to look into my account info and Green Tree took twice the amount of my monthly mortgage payment out.

I called them and they told me that half of the amount was applied to principle. ??? I told them that I want it to be applied to the march payment. Hopefully it will be done!

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

We were just transferred from GMAC to Green Tree. If they do that with a lot of people they make some real nice interest on it for themselves.

did some research on this company,they specialize in secured loans for people with extremely poor credit,and promise "unique" ways to recover payments,one of the largest debt collectors in the country,my guess is they have a 20 year history of dealing with people that dont pay on time or ever,and as such treat them in a similar fashion,even if your a normal on time payer,well,its like trying to change someone whos been abused all their life,good luck. from what i can tell,their "system" is broken,doesnt record transactions accurately,if at all,website always down,i thought the "fair debt collection act" would prevent this sort of behavior,...

View more comments (1)
Greentree Servicing Customer Care

Greentree Servicing - These people hate their coustomers & only want their money

this company is a joke they allow 6 extensions for the lifetime of your loan. my child had to have an emergency liver transplant in Aug 2011. I called greentree in Sept to see if i could get an extension since i had not worked in a month due to his medical problems. they still will not help because i have used my alotted extensions. these people are rude and heartless all they want is their money and they make you feel like you are cheating them out of something by asking for an extenstion. I guess the Obama plan does not affect them. I hate this company they are not customer friendly.I will be looking to go somewhere else. but i have slow credit so i will probably be with these *** til i die.they need to rethink the way the do business-people want to keep their homes and in these times its difficult just to keep food on the table but there again they dont care they just want their money or their house.
#419076

I agree with you about green tree. I am on dissability and wife unemployed.

we are in a financial hardship 2 months behind on payments and trying to borrow money from family and freinds to pay them but its diffucult.

Tryed to eplain i am doing all i can to get back on track but that isn't good enough this to this manager and all i got was i am an ***, get out of my house,or i will forclose on you and kick you out in 30 days. they are nasty,rude and abussive.He told me to stop paying all other bills,paying doctors,hospitals,insurance and buying food to pay them I filed compaint to FTC under the fair debt collection act and state attorney generals office of south dekota under the same

Remember the law is on our side. Document every correspondence, name date, content of conversation and keep it.

If they are harassing you then you have recourse.

You can also make them only contact you in writing by writing them a letter stating so, and send it certified so you have proof you sent it and they received it. DO NOT LET THEM WIN.

I agree with you totally. I owe right now for my October payment.

I am the only inomce in the house. I did a modificationt and they took a whoppin $85.00 based on 2 pay periods and I am a commissioned employee. And then my prinicipal balnce went up by 12k. I was told the other day to have the payment by the 21st or they would default me for only owing the Oct payment.

And then I said ok by the 21st knowing full well I did not know where I would get the payment and then he changed that to the 18th and I said you just said the 21st and he screamed at me "I will default right now". I work int he collection field and this is now way to treat your customers. I have been threatend, cussed at, told to get out of my home by the weekend, they would be coming to get the keys and I could go on and on. I have written all of the important people at the head of the company and nothing changes.

And apparently nothing will. They act like people want to lose their homes they have been in for over 15 years. They almost make you give up. I am about at my wits end and do not know what to do.

And our credit sucks and I cannot seem to get away from them. For a mortgage place to threaten to default you based on 1 payment owed is awful.

View more comments (2)
Atlanta, Georgia
Loss

Greentree Servicing - Greentree is the worst company

Greentree Servicing has the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered. I have tried multiple times working with them to make sure that my mother's account is current and I always get nothing but smart remarks, threats and even derogatory comments. I would suggest if there is any possible way you can avoid working with this company, you do it any cost. There are many terrible reports of these folks online so please do your homework. From other reports they are almost predatory in their practices and then swoop in to take your home if or when you cannot pay - without any attempt at reconciliation prior to foreclosure, adding additional fees, jacking up the interest rate etc.

:sigh

I agree. They make every process down to your password very difficult.

They charge fees for everything including online payment. And take 3 extra days to process your snail mail payment so that they can claim late fees.

Washington, District Of Columbia

Greentree Servicing - Soldiers Sailors Act

I am an active duty soldier. I faxed a copy of my orders to Green Tree in order to get my interest rate reduced IAW Soldiers Sailors Act of 2003. I talked with several individuals and was promised that my interest would be lowered. After a week of waiting for the approval letter, I called in and discovered my request was denied. I was not given a reason why my request was denied, just that it was denied. I was told that nothing could be done. All representatives that I spoke with were extremely rude and did not care that I had concerns. Customer service is horrible. It takes for ever to talk to a representative. I was not given any other options to help with my situations. Please consider using a more reputable company who actually will care for their customers. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

If only these two active duty personnel suffered this, that would still be two too many. Why can't some official government institution stop this abuse?

we experienced the same thing, while I was deployed ... after a year of making payments and they're not reducing the interest rate IAW SSRA ...

I started sending photo copies of my mortgage payments, 30 days late, they began foreclosure on us while I was overseas?

retained an Attorney and he stopped the whole process ... they ended up owing us almost $3,500 in unearned interest - yet they were going to take our home!

View more comments (1)
ID
#200326 Review #200326 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bridgeton, New Jersey

Greentree Servicing - Lying about trying to help

GreenTrees harassing phone calls to my work has caused me to be suspended not once but two times even after telling them that this will happen if they call my work so it seems to me that they have idiots who don't care about the customer or getting their money if i get the customer fired. i refuse to answer a abusive and threatning phone message. They are part of the cause for an even further delay to catch my account up. 3 days may not be much for them but to me that is a lot. I wish there were some one else that financed mobil homes. Or i had some where else to go i would give them what no one else would ever buy for what i owe. and yey the loan will way out last the trailer, thats the sad thing.
Fisherville, Kentucky