Greentree Servicing - NASTIEST CUSTOMER SERVICE

HAD "SUPERVISOR ASSIGNED CASE" CALL AND WAS THE RUDEST INDIVIDUAL EVER. HE DID NOT CARE I WAS GOING THROUGH CANCER TREATMENTS; HE JUST WANTED MONEY.

WHEN EXPLAINED ABOUT FURLOUGH DAYS; HE JUST WANTED MONEY. CALLED BACK TO FILE COMPLAINT AND GOT ANOTHER NASTY CUSTOMER SERVICE REP, CHARLES. EXPLAINED SITUATION TO HIM AND THAT DEED IN LIEU OF FORECLOSURE WAS SUGGESTED TO ME BY ONE OF THEIR OWN. PAPERWORK WAS COMPLETED.

CHARLES WAS RUDE AS WELL AND KEPT CUTTING ME OFF. TOLD HIM THAT I AM RETIRING, MOVING AWAY, AND AM WALKING FROM HOME BECAUSE AM UNABLE TO SELL OR PAY.

HE DID NOT CARE EITHER ABOUT THE CANCER TREATMENTS I AM GOING THROUGH. THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENTS EVER!!!!!

Nashville, Tennessee, United States #730480

This company is unbelievable!! I've had 2 Of their representatives hang up on me when I called and have been yelled at several times. They will not give you a chance to ask questions or attempt to see how they can really help their clients. My trouble started when

BOA sold my loan to Green Tree yet BOA continued to deduct my mortgage payment out of my account. Green Tree notified me that I was several months behind in my loan while at the same time

BOA had set me up a credit account. Yet because BOA sold my loan they will give me no information. Took a 3 way call 2 times to get BOA to send my money to Green Tree and they can't to this day tell me how much they received or when. I have refused to make another payment until they tell me how much of my money they got from

BOA,. Now I'm receiving harassing phone calls night and day.

And they want me to take their word for how much they received from

BOA. Seems less than normal for no one in their Customer Service dept (and I use the term very loosly can tell me anything about the money from BOA. When E--=e with Green Tree hung up on on me the last time, he informed me that I could call the President of the United States and it wouldn't help. That was before he told me that I was wasting his time. Don't think its asking too much to find out if BOA sent all of my money to GT. It seems beyond their capabilities to tell me that. Never saw a financial institution that didn't keep track of their money!!! Bought and sold many properties in my day and have never encountered a mortgage company like this. My next move is to contact my State Representative and see what they can do. Be sure to tell your friends and family not to go near Green Tree for mortgages unless they want to spend the next few months living in a nightmare that won't go away!!

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #714185

I went through the process of Deed in Lieu of Lien with Green Tree Servicing and relinquished all my rights of the property and house back to Green Tree, which stated in the papers I would be no longer responsible for any payments. About 9 months later Green Tree called and said that I owe them $20,000 and were trying to collect.

The amount of the loan owed was $30,000 and they auctioned the property off for $10,000 and were coming after me for the remaining amount. These people are dirty, crooked, and greedy.

I ended up filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy and they filed a claim seeking to collect the $20,000, I forwarded a copy to my attorney and we objected to it in court and Green Tree lawyers never responded to my lawyer and when it went to court the judge threw it out, with all said, Green Tree Servicing was trying too screw me BAD. They lost because I believe what they were trying too do was illegal.

Greentree Servicing Customer Care
Review #365850 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer365850.

Greentree Servicing - Customer service

I was laid off back in 2012. I was procative, called green tree and let know know of our situation.

They didn't care about our situation. All they wanted was their money. We were late on a payment. We received at least 5 to 8 calls a day.

I had to tell the story to a new rep every time they called. I told the reps that these was calles are getting ridicules and this is on the *** of harassment.

After 2 days of constant calls, I no longer amswered the phone. I have talked to a few companies that help with morgage payments and they told me that Green Tree Services is not willing to help out any of their customers, they do not respond back to any of the request that are made on the clients behalf.

Greentree Servicing Customer Care
Review #359993 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer359993.

Greentree Servicing - Customer Service

I'm in a dispute with Green Tree servicing and they've contacted me time and again. Last I spoke to them they and told them what my current situation was they said it was unacceptable.

Now I'm wondering if it is acceptable or even legal for them to contact my neighbors about this?

Hope someone has comments or suggestions about this business and their practices. This is unacceptable as they are not willing to work with their customers. I'm starting to wonder can they get away with this?

I consider this harrassment. Has anyone had the same experience with Green Tree appreciate comments and feedback.

loanreba1954

I am having the same problem. They are calling my neighbors, and ex relatives and asking questions.

If I am 1 day late they start blowing up my phone and talk to me like I am lower than dirt. Now they are threating foreclosure because of 30 day late payments.

Woodland Park, New Jersey
Greentree Servicing Customer Care
Review #354986 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer354986.

Greentree Servicing - I was yelled at by the a supervisor!!

This company withdrew my mortgage twice one month, because after finding that they charge you $12 to pay your mortgage online I cancelled the transaction and sent in a check instead. They still processed the the online transaction even though I hadn't accepted the terms and fully authorized the transaction.

After finding out that it was put through twice it took me THREE weeks to get my money back. I had to call in at least 6 different times, they made me fax a written request to get the money back along with a letter they sent me and a copy of my bank account statement. Then when I found out they weren't going to refund the $12 processing fee a supervisor called me on my cell phone and yelled at me because I was being impossible. WORST CUSTOMER CARE EVER!!!

She even told me that if I didn't like how they did business then I should refinance and get a different mortgage company.... great suggestion, since I didn't pick them in the first place. I'm not going to pay for someone else to buy my loan and get stuck with *** service again.

I then sent an e-mail to their complaint department and specifically asked to be contacted regarding the situation and still have not heard anything... that was two weeks ago.

Greentree Servicing Customer Care
Review #349178 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer349178.

Greentree Servicing - Trying to close the account

I send $9000 dls to be apply to my principal and they apply it to future payments charging me interest over $1000 dls. I already have almost one month telling them to fix the problem and I get no where.

All they say give it 3-5 business days. The customer service sucks and the supervisors don't care and they say its the people that apply the payment but we can speak with them.

Every time I get a new person an I To start all over and over again like they are babies in daycare. Don't ever want to do business again.

starsandmoons
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #692638

customer service is rehearsed in telling you 3 to 5 days for everything nothing ever gets solved how can it when you get 20 different people saying and doing same thing to get you off of phone they got 4 minutes and you are taking up their precious minutes with problems oh and forget any help with supervisors they are up green tree's **** to keep their ugly jobs they are slave drivers and they don't care about their coworkers let alone a customer worked there no longer got fired for trying to do a good job for customer was not performing well meaning not throwing people under the bus

Loss
Review #329585 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer329585.

Greentree Servicing - What a "JOKE"

I went to the GMAC company in town & they said that my payment if it was an automatic withdrawl from my bank that it would be still processed. Ck today & it was not so I tried calling Green Tree customer service..got tired ot pressing buttons & still not getting A LIVE PERSON.

I called back again still the same.

They said that I was to receive payment information, etc..well nothing has been received. How this company is running a so-called multi-million company is asboutly "BULL----" I am checking into refinancing my home because who wants to deal with a JOKE of a company like this..instead of Green Tree to me it is "DEAD TREE".

Read

I had been told by a customer service representative from Green Tree that the ACH which was set up for GMAC would not work for Green Tree. I called my bank and transferred the mortgage amount to Green Tree.Today I was able to look into my account info and Green Tree took twice the amount of my monthly mortgage payment out.

I called them and they told me that half of the amount was applied to principle. ??? I told them that I want it to be applied to the march payment. Hopefully it will be done!

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

We were just transferred from GMAC to Green Tree. If they do that with a lot of people they make some real nice interest on it for themselves.

Romulus, Michigan, United States #606054

did some research on this company,they specialize in secured loans for people with extremely poor credit,and promise "unique" ways to recover payments,one of the largest debt collectors in the country,my guess is they have a 20 year history of dealing with people that dont pay on time or ever,and as such treat them in a similar fashion,even if your a normal on time payer,well,its like trying to change someone whos been abused all their life,good luck. from what i can tell,their "system" is broken,doesnt record transactions accurately,if at all,website always down,i thought the "fair debt collection act" would prevent this sort of behavior,...

Greentree Servicing Customer Care
Review #322174 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer322174.

Greentree Servicing - These people hate their coustomers & only want their money

this company is a joke they allow 6 extensions for the lifetime of your loan.

my child had to have an emergency liver transplant in Aug 2011.

I called greentree in Sept to see if i could get an extension since i had not worked in a month due to his medical problems.

they still will not help because i have used my alotted extensions.

these people are rude and heartless all they want is their money and they make you feel like you are cheating them out of something by asking for an extenstion. I guess the Obama plan does not affect them.

I hate this company they are not customer friendly.I will be looking to go somewhere else. but i have slow credit so i will probably be with these *** til i die.they need to rethink the way the do business-people want to keep their homes and in these times its difficult just to keep food on the table but there again they dont care they just want their money or their house.

#419076

I agree with you about green tree. I am on dissability and wife unemployed.

we are in a financial hardship 2 months behind on payments and trying to borrow money from family and freinds to pay them but its diffucult.

Tryed to eplain i am doing all i can to get back on track but that isn't good enough this to this manager and all i got was i am an ***, get out of my house,or i will forclose on you and kick you out in 30 days. they are nasty,rude and abussive.He told me to stop paying all other bills,paying doctors,hospitals,insurance and buying food to pay them I filed compaint to FTC under the fair debt collection act and state attorney generals office of south dekota under the same

Remember the law is on our side. Document every correspondence, name date, content of conversation and keep it.

If they are harassing you then you have recourse.

You can also make them only contact you in writing by writing them a letter stating so, and send it certified so you have proof you sent it and they received it. DO NOT LET THEM WIN.

I agree with you totally. I owe right now for my October payment.

I am the only inomce in the house. I did a modificationt and they took a whoppin $85.00 based on 2 pay periods and I am a commissioned employee. And then my prinicipal balnce went up by 12k. I was told the other day to have the payment by the 21st or they would default me for only owing the Oct payment.

And then I said ok by the 21st knowing full well I did not know where I would get the payment and then he changed that to the 18th and I said you just said the 21st and he screamed at me "I will default right now". I work int he collection field and this is now way to treat your customers. I have been threatend, cussed at, told to get out of my home by the weekend, they would be coming to get the keys and I could go on and on. I have written all of the important people at the head of the company and nothing changes.

And apparently nothing will. They act like people want to lose their homes they have been in for over 15 years. They almost make you give up. I am about at my wits end and do not know what to do.

And our credit sucks and I cannot seem to get away from them. For a mortgage place to threaten to default you based on 1 payment owed is awful.

mapjlp
Loss
Review #235544 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing - Greentree is the worst company

Greentree Servicing has the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered. I have tried multiple times working with them to make sure that my mother's account is current and I always get nothing but smart remarks, threats and even derogatory comments.

I would suggest if there is any possible way you can avoid working with this company, you do it any cost.

There are many terrible reports of these folks online so please do your homework. From other reports they are almost predatory in their practices and then swoop in to take your home if or when you cannot pay - without any attempt at reconciliation prior to foreclosure, adding additional fees, jacking up the interest rate etc.

:sigh

I agree. They make every process down to your password very difficult.

They charge fees for everything including online payment. And take 3 extra days to process your snail mail payment so that they can claim late fees.
Greentree Servicing Customer Care
Review #186659 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer186659.

Greentree Servicing - Soldiers Sailors Act

I am an active duty soldier. I faxed a copy of my orders to Green Tree in order to get my interest rate reduced IAW Soldiers Sailors Act of 2003.

I talked with several individuals and was promised that my interest would be lowered. After a week of waiting for the approval letter, I called in and discovered my request was denied. I was not given a reason why my request was denied, just that it was denied. I was told that nothing could be done.

All representatives that I spoke with were extremely rude and did not care that I had concerns. Customer service is horrible. It takes for ever to talk to a representative. I was not given any other options to help with my situations.

Please consider using a more reputable company who actually will care for their customers. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Read

If only these two active duty personnel suffered this, that would still be two too many. Why can't some official government institution stop this abuse?

we experienced the same thing, while I was deployed ... after a year of making payments and they're not reducing the interest rate IAW SSRA ...

I started sending photo copies of my mortgage payments, 30 days late, they began foreclosure on us while I was overseas?

retained an Attorney and he stopped the whole process ... they ended up owing us almost $3,500 in unearned interest - yet they were going to take our home!

Greentree Servicing Customer Care
Review #178806 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer178806.

Greentree Servicing - Lying about trying to help

GreenTrees harassing phone calls to my work has caused me to be suspended not once but two times even after telling them that this will happen if they call my work so it seems to me that they have idiots who don't care about the customer or getting their money if i get the customer fired. i refuse to answer a abusive and threatning phone message.

They are part of the cause for an even further delay to catch my account up. 3 days may not be much for them but to me that is a lot. I wish there were some one else that financed mobil homes. Or i had some where else to go i would give them what no one else would ever buy for what i owe.

and yey the loan will way out last the trailer, thats the sad thing.

Fisherville, Kentucky
Greentree Servicing Customer Care
Review #117746 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer117746.