Palm Springs, California
3.2K views 40 comments

Below is my complaint - I encourage anyone that has had a similar experience to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. You can do it online at FTC.GOV and it is VERY simple.

Here is what I filed. At the end I have listed contact information for Green Tree as well.

FTC complaint:

My home loan originated with Countrywide. Bank of America bought out Countrywide. My loan was either sold or transferred to Green Tree Servicing.

I became behind on my mortgage payment. I contacted Green Tree immediately. They sent me a loan modification packet, which I in turn completed and sent them the packet, along with required documents, via facsimile. After repeated phones calls to and from Travis at Green Tree, and repeatedly faxing the packet and documents, he still said that they did not receive my fax. I sent all of my faxes to their Arizona office (per the instructions in the packet).

I was eventually given another fax number by Travis (per Travis - he gave me that 2nd fax number since the packet never surfaced at the Arizona office), at which time I began repeatedly faxing the packet/documents to the 2nd fax number. I continued to receive calls from Travis of Green Tree and the outcome of the calls was always the same - they still did not have my packet.

This continued from at least December to February. In February I was contacted by a different representative, who stated she worked in another department of Green Tree. I told her that I have repeatedly faxed my packet and Travis says he has never received it. I explained that I have been faxing it to both the Arizona fax, plus the fax at Travis' location.

The representative gave me a 3rd fax number, at which time I faxed my packet to that number. She quickly called me and explained that I was given the wrong packet, and that because my loan is an FHA loan, that I need to fill out a different packet.

I was finally glad to get what I thought was honest assistance. I have now faxed the new backed numerous times to the 3rd fax number with no results.

I was instructed to call her and confirm that she received it. I have not received a call back.

I do continue to receive calls from Travis at Greentree. I have taken to not returning all of his calls, because when I do, it is the same thing - they have not received ANY of the 27 (TWENTY-SEVEN AT LAST COUNT!) faxes that I have sent to 3 (THREE!) of their fax numbers.

I will continue faxing to all 3 numbers and I have begun faxing BOTH packets.

I have now received a Notice of Trustee's Sale set for May 15th.

I know my complaint can only be based on my experience with Green Tree, but it should be noted that I have spoken to professionals in the real estate industry that have had a similar experience.

Here's some good info on Green Tree contacts:

Green Tree Servicing - Company Profile on LinkedIn

Keep this thread going... Here's some more contacts too:

Phone800) 643-0202

Tempe, AZ 85283

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Greentree Servicing?

Submit review

Comments

U.S.vet

line them up. they must all fall .God & country.no pukes ,liars ,thieves, *** of the earth .jail..? don't even feed these bastards.

Chuck
Van Nuys, California, United States #1270038

Customer.Service@greentreecreditsolutions.com

My wife filed a bankruptcy a few years ago.We were told not to pay on the second & third.

Just pay on the first. That way we would not forclosed on.

I would like to get out from under this loan with you and wondered what it would cost me.I have been told you might take a lesser amount to get it off the books.

Thanks for your consideration

Jblu

I have had numerous papers lost, numerous packets filled out, they dragged there feet so long that I am facing foreclosure.Their reps are rude and never do what they tell you they are doing.

Oh and trying to get in touch with my loss mitigation rep, forget it!! She's dodged me for quite some time now. I hate green tree and I'm in this position because of them. I tried to report a claim with ftc but I can't figure out how.

That may seem weird but I had a major stroke and have some problems navigating and understanding these things.If you have any guidance on how I do this please let me know

I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH GREENTREE THEY TRANRFERED MY LOAN FROM OCWEN I MADE A PAYMENT TO OCWEN AND GREENTREE ALSO TOOK A PAYMENT.THEY REFUSED TO SEND THE EXTRA PAYMENT BACK THEY SAID IT WOULD BE CREDIT TOWARD NEXT PAYMENT.NOT TRUE THEY PUT IT TOWARD ESCROW.

THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE A PAYMENT FOR THE NEXT MONTH THEY SENT A BILL FOR ANOTHER PAYMENT DUE.I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF IDIOTS THEY HAVE WORKING THERE I WOULD REPLACE THEM ALL THEY WILL NOT LET ME TALK TO A MANAGER

My mortgage was bought by green tree.I paid monthly notes on time and extra sometimes.

I purchased another property using equity in my home which was with greentree. Part of the deal was my bank pay off the small amount with greentree since I was keeping both properties. Then it started. Green tree calling and harassing me and my wife.

We tried to explain that our bank had sent in full payoff via fed ex. They didn't care. Even when I had tracked it down had shown where they had received it Via fed X overnight. They were very rude, disrespectful, and not very smart for the way they handled this.

It was like dealing with someone off the street. I have never dealt another company like this. I personally will never do anything with them again and I recommend the same for everyone else.

They are a joke for a mortgage co.

Ken
Great Falls, Montana, United States #943798

The wife and I have had nothing but heart ache and discontent off GT.I'm retired military and have the mortgage payment done electronic right out of my retirement pay before it hits the bank.

DFAS (military finance) posts the payment at the end of the month for the next months payment due on 10th. GF rep indicates they have not received the payment.

Such BS as we have had the allotment set up since 2004 and now 2015.....still the same BS, we are 30 days behind!WTF?

tonia
Allen, Texas, United States #870353

My loan is 'In Foreclosure' NOT filed but In foreclosure.

I listed and received a contract to sell it to avoid foreclosure and Green Tree Servicing, LLC flatly refuses to provide a Pay Off amount to me or the Title Company. The 'Customer Service' people are curt, rude and hang up on you.

This is the most pitiful excuse for a :service company; i have ever dealt with.

Refi your loan if Green Tree Servicing LLC ever gets your file!

Multiple issues since the servicing of my loan was transferred to Green Tree in April of 2014.They incorrectly post payments to the wrong date (I have overnight receipts as proof), I don't receive requested call backs and now they won't send me a reimbursement for a double payment even though I have provided them the requested information.

Regarding the latest issue, they want a copy of my bank statement showing payments have been made even though both payments have been posted to my account. Never have I had so much trouble from a company. Thanks to purplestef for posting email addresses of the Green Tree executives.

I just sent an email to Keith Anderson who is the CEO.I have copied some of them below:

Kay.Robbins@greentreecreditsolutions.com

Randy.Shannon@greentreecreditsolutions.com

Stewart.M.Derrick@greentreecreditsolutions.com

cheryl.collins@gtservicing.com keith.anderson@gtservicing.com

to Anonymous #845269

That should read "April of 2013"

Unhappy2

I'm currently experiencing the same worst handling of my loan as the rest of these consumers.We paid them in advance and still get delinquent notices.

Out of the 6 months, they noticed that we were behind on total of 5 months, while we've always been one month ahead on our mortgage payment. I've sent them two written requests with copies of my cancelled checks and finally got them to refund me my late charges. I've decided to pay off my loan amount but they still send me default of payment letters. I have to say, this is one of the worst mortgage servicing company you can ever deal with.

I'm tempting to write Mr.Keith Anderson to let him know he needs to come up with a better vision and better team members to lead his company into a more competitive position by providing decent customers service and a better system to record payment records/requests.