Greentree Servicing in Athens, Georgia - They call me a million times a day

I just wanted to write and tell how I have been

treated by these people.

My Daughter passed away in Feb. 07, we did not have any Ins on her so we had to pay for all the funural expences our selfs,

so i call to see if there way they could help me out because i knew i was going to be late on some of my payments and was told that there was nothing they could do so when my payments were late they started calling everyone i knew and telling them about my business which i do not think is right.

and they had the nerve to serve me with and eviction notice unless i payed everything i owed even though they knew this was a hard time forme, till this day i am still one month behind and they call and call till i don't anwser the phone.

I have told them as soon as i can i going to catch that payment up but they are so hateful they don't understand after lossing my daughter and everything else they don't care if i ever get this payed off i will NEVER have a nother loan with them.

I really despise those people and if they were in my shoes they would have done the same thing i am doing, thanks for letting me have my say on GREENTREE

London, England, United Kingdom #14872

also, write to the Attorney General of your state. You might be pleasantly surprised at what help doing so may do for you (and 'another victim') -- I hope. Good luck to both of you.

London, England, United Kingdom #14871

Complain, officially, with the Federal Trade Commission. Either fill out the online form, or mail a certified letter.

I don't know what GreenTree is, but the way they're contacting you is in violation of federal law.

Also, send a certified letter to Green Tree regarding your situation, and your request, as well as a request not to be called at whatever numbers you don't want them to call you at while you work out a payment arrangement.

Don't throw the certified receipts away no matter what anyone tell syou. Keep a copy of your letter, and write the certified number on the bottom of both letters.

Zawiercie, Slaskie, Poland #14855
:eek they just dont care. at all. :( very sorry for your terrible loss.
cindibeth
Review #111963 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing in Athens, Georgia - Greentree Credit .Time the tree was given a good shake

I have a mobile home financed through Greentree Credit ,actually when I financed the home I financed through Greenpoint which I guess was bought out by Greentree .Every since then it has been a constant ongoing nightmare dealing with these incompetent morons.I had sent a payment in by mail and it was a money order ,well somehow it misteriously dissapeared and put me a moth behind on my payment ..I am poor and dont make alot of money ,well if I made alot of money ,I would not be living in a mobile home ,go figure .Anyhoo it has been an ongoing nightmare of constant phone calls to my residence several times a day almost everyday and even on weekends and holidays.They have even threatened me with reposessions and whatever else they can come up with .Most of the reps there are very rude and disrespectful.Something has to be done to stop this and people that are having this same problem and i have studied up on this company and there has been alot of complaints and nothing good has been said about them but people that are having this same problem need to potetion against this company and we also need to write to our congress to pass laws that protect us from these corporate blood sucking vampires.This absolutely has to be stopped !!! We should have rights just as any other home owners have and should have laws to protect us .I am sick and tired of these people thinking that they can just walk all over us and do whatever they want and most of all I am sick and tired of seeing hard working people in a never endind battle to pay off their homes ,paying and paying and paying for years and never even putting a dent in the principal,and these corporate bloodsuckers getting wealthy off us hard working people .Also i am sick of People like us trying to get caught up when we fall on hard times and being threatend that we are going to lose our homes and most of all I am sick of seeing good people lose their homes when they are trying to do whats right and make their payments .Something has to be done and we are the ones that have to make it happen by writing to congress about prtecting owners of manufactured housnig ,at this point anything to make a difference whatever it is we have to do . Greentree Credit is ripping mobile home owners off and it is time that their tree was given a really good shake

Read

My story was a little different, they lost one of my payments when they changed over to Greenwhatever is was and they never told me about it until I tried to refinance the house, seems I had four years of late payments. Not a bank in the State would talk to me about paying it off with all my payments for four years one month exactly late.

When I tried to get them to fixz it, they refused.

They had already ruined my credit, and after thirteen years I still owed what I payed for the darned thing, so I told them to come and get it! They couldn't even do that in a timely manner, took them a year.

#141966

We have had the same problem..Lost payments which took them a month to find that they put in someone else account. When we are late they call more than once a day.

The people that work there are so rude.

And I am going to have to call this week to make arrangements due to my husband just getting laid off. This is a horrible company..

#120418

You do not have to put up with the threatening phone calls-- all you have to do is write a cease and desist letter. if they dont cease and desist-- you have the right to sue them. I've gotten this information from a lawyer, and it has stopped all harrasing phone calls for me.

about the missing money, i hope you saved your money order receipt, have them track it... they can tell you who cashed, and then write the crediting companies, so they wont ruin your credit.

best of luck, your comrade against beaucracy.

Since I last wrote this my mobile home has been payed off in full and I do not have to deal with those *** ever agsin but to those of you who do .Dontb give up the fight and I really hope to see a class action law suit filed against thse *** pukebags ...Good luck to all of you

these people have done this to me n my hubby for 11 yrs and now hes passed away and im haveing to deal with them alone. once when we got behind and they called the *** that had me on phone *** at me had me in tears and them i found out she had me on speaker phone and they all where laffing at me i wouldnt never talk with them again,but now i have to im trying to live off unempolyment and make my payment so i dont have deal with it not easy but what do you do right

Stanley, Virginia, United States #10733

AMEN TO THAT ONE BROTHER. I FELL BEHIND DUE TO A DEADBEAT RENTER THAT STUCK ME WITH 2 MONTHS RENT AND CALLED THEM AND SET THE PAYMENTS UP.

THEIR AUTOMATED SYSTEM KEPT CALLING AND THEN THEY TRIED MAKING ME PAY A MONTH AHEAD.

THEY ARE SUCH IDIOTS. I TRULY HOPE THAT SOME DAY SOMEONE WILL SHUT THEM DOWN AND GET US GREENPUKE PAYERS SOMEONE BETTER TO GIVE OUR MONEY TO.

redwolf754
Review #111818 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing in Duluth, Minnesota - Green Tree Financing

Does anybody know if it is illegal for a mortgage company to not credit a payment to you loan. My husband was unemployed and we called on December 18, 2007 to set up 2 payments to be taken out Jan.

4th and Jan. 18th. I talked to 4 different people that day.The last person I talked to insisted that payment be made by the end of December. I explained that it was impossible because of our finances.

I gave them our bank acct. info. and the dates and they refused to make the payments and continued to harrass us.

Is there anything I can do?

Read

Green Tree Servicing has customer service problems. I have a business and cyclic temporary cash flow problems around tax time.

Green Tree had a person taking care of me who was either having a bad day, or just lost it. I attempted to get a one month extension for $200.00. I had paid my mortgage without problems the rest of the year. This person got difficult and caused me to nearly lose control.

If 90% of the payment is present, and I have an excellent payment history, then how does it advance the company's cause to anger good customers.

Rest assured the North Carolina and Tempe groups are the most difficult. The Rapid City group I feel generally cares and knows that working with the customer is better than losing the customer. I am getting refinanced by another group now, based upon two incidents.

I was a good customer, now I am just another past customer. The Management may not care, but if enough customers leave them, they will.

snowqueen
Review #110493 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing in Washington, District Of Columbia - I want another finance company

Yes, I have read some of the compliments that have been posted and my advice to anyone that has a compliment, is to start a potition in the town, city in which you live. Once you have the names of those that feel they have been taken advantage of, we need to send all of the names to the BBB.

Also, we need to place or email addresses with our complaints. We need to be able to have another company buy our loan out.

Thank you and I hope to hear from others soon.

lilcunrty@yahoo.com, will place your emails.

Read

The second mortgage on our home has been sold three times to different banks. Never before have we had to fill out a new automatic deduction form.

I received a letter saying GreenTree was now servicing our loan 15 days before the payment was due. 5 days after the payment was due we started receiving phone calls from debt collectors saying the payment was never received. When I spoke to a GreenTree rep they said they had mailed a packet that required us to re-fill out the auto payments. I had never received the packet, the rep then said it probably did not get to me yet.

Think about it, they have debt collectors call me before they send me the packet to pay the loan. Kind of backwards if you ask me. Now they are charging $12 per month to automatically deduct the payments. They never let me know I would receive these fees.

GreenTree sucks. Never use them. If I could do anything to get away from using them, I would. Unfortunately the financial system is foobar and I have no option.

(This is only one example of how they are incompetent. I could go on for a while but will spare you.)

#198196

I created grinchtreeservicing.com

I'm hoping more people will join. Is a social networking website for us frustrated customers...

#197450

I have been paying Greentre for 10yrs and recently have had some financial hardships. My husband called and specifically told them we could not make a payment until we contacted them.

They instead withdrew a payment from our checking account and of course it was overdrawn.

After my bank kicked it back they did again I had to stop payment on it and it ended up costing 60.00 total in fees. Now they keep calling and harassing me to end.

Kenneth, I'm with you. If anyone else is having trouble with GT, please contact me.

After paying on the loan for 13 yrs, now all of a sudden after being 39 days late, I have been contacted about foreclosure. Wintertate@yahoo.com

jdeg762

Pay your blls on time and you won't get any calls. GT would much rather NOT call you.

GT shouldn't have to call you.

Calling you costs GT money because they have to employ people to collect your payment from you that you should be paying on your own. This website is like a support group for losers.

Leakesville, Mississippi, United States #4151

Hi I have a mobile home financed through Greentree .It hads been a nightmare of constant harrassing calls and threats of repossessions and rude representatives. I am in Northeast Alabama .if ther is any class action suits against the blood sucking leaches someone please let me know or anything else for that matter ..I am sick of these people bothering me.I cannot even have peace in my own home and I myself would love to refinance or see some laws passes that protact home manufactures home owners from vampires like Greentree

lilcunrty
Review #109061 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing in Beaverton, Oregon - Rude Greentree Employees

I have had trouble for the past year with payments but "Carol" has worked things out with me and always treated me with utmost respect. Now I got behind again - two payments of which I am confused about.

I made an agreement with "Dawn" for a partial pay and then rest 5 days later. When i made the partial payment "Mark" calls me afterward and advises it was not good enough and had to have all of it by the 31st - not on the first when I get paid. I advised him I'm only paid once a month. I was talked to like I was subhuman and he did not care who had "kissed my butt" before but that he would not and I could either pay or get out.

He also said that Dawn had no authority to make agreement with me. I told him to take that up with her. He again advised to pay or get out and didn't care I have no where to go or that I care for an elderly mother in my home. I called him an SOB and hung up.

Called Dawn who advised me all was ok and she DID have authority to talk to me and make arrangements to pay up. During this conversation Mark called me NINE times. I have paid to date what was agreed to with Dawn; however, on the first of November I got served with eviction and seizure of property papers!!! I called again and was told by regional supervisor all was okay and I would get confirmation from them as to agreement.

I requested confirmation from them I was NOT being evicted or my home seized and was told I would have to get from the attorney. Called the attorney and have yet to have call returned. I believed Dawn and the regional rep I spoke to that all was ok with them but I still have papers in front of me stating otherwise. I was also told that "Rusty" handles my account.

Mark advised he was Rusty's "assistant" and Rusty was not available. If that's the case and Rusty handles my account then Mark has no authority to evict me. I have never been talked to so rudely in all my life except by Greentree's Mark and a couple of others. Carol, Dawn and Chris have been good to me.

Mark has no business dealing with people and making threats and talking so ugly to folks he doesn't know. This company is very unorganized. I also would think they would rather do the payments with me than to lose the money that is owed them but "Mark" doesn's seem to think so although the others do. So.

. . three people tell me all is okay but "Mark" says not. Also Mark filed the papers TWO days AFTER my agreement with Dawn and also AFTER payments had been made.

He too called my landlord and had not business discussing my financial business with him. I am very upset about this entire mess and taking care of my elderly Alzheimer mother is tough. Mark is the type of person that could make an already depressed person want to commit suicide or something. You don't kick folks when they are down.

Mark would not discuss ANYTHING other than pay up or get out!!!!!! He needs to be fired for the way he talked to me BEFORE I called him an SOB and hung up and for the way he misrepresents the company!!!

Read

:( OMG I just sent off my payoff last night and I get a call from TAMEKA in the Maryland Heights,MO Greentree office. Hello I say right off the back I get this scarcastic piece of *** wipe.

I said right off the bat I said I said I put it in the mail yesterday. It is very obvious that her boss was nowhere around because she was as rude and a super ***. I'am thinking are you kidding me? I have to admit I came back on her and called her a C---.

Sh said well you should of paid your bill on time. I said well I didn't so whatever. I had to come up with a large payoff and my payoff was actually about 40 days late. I was offered a opportunity to refinance it.

I said no because naturally I was on the doorstep of paying it off. She was the rudest piece of *** I have ever talked to and she brought out the worst in me. Nasty nasty nasty, ignorant ignorant ignorant pile of ***. So I call the company back to complain and the boss just tries to get rid of me.

It was very obvious he didn't want to hear it. I asked to talk to her boss and she said you can talk to the president. O how I wish I had that recorded. There are two possibilities here.

She looked about to insure that her boss wasn't looking before she ran her nasty ignorant nasty mouth or her boss hears it all the time and covers her ***. I think its the second one. They need someone to step into that office and do some listening to all of them. She's to ignorant to deal with people.

The crazy thing is that it was a pay off and up front I told her I had just put it in the mail. So it wasn't about me it was about a low life sorry excuse for a human that likes to abuse others because it makes her feel good. Low lifes are like that. O well what just blows me away is this will no doubt be the last time I deal with Greentree and I'am so glad.

My warning to everyone is go somewhere else. It's obvious they hire heathens to call people. These poor souls probly make a half a living and so they are miserable. I'am just stunned and elated this will probly be the last of Greentree.

I would of been horified if I was in the middle of my loan and found I had to deal with this kind of trash. Well come to think about it I would of had a recorder next to my phone and I would have her job within 24 hrs. That would of been sweet to get it on the news. She was a super *** I bet she a bigger one in person.

Better her than me. I'am felling pretty lucky today after all.

My mother died on 10-08/09 She paid has two Mortages under Greentree she left no will and know insurance policy. I called Greentree in Nov to let them know what was going on and to fine out about the house, and asked them what are my options in regards to a deferrment.

I needed a little time (a month) to get some money up to bring them up to date to get the deferrment. These guys where very very nasty disrespectful and played alot of games, of course I gave it right back (this is for the first loan). Once I brought it the loan current they still played games. The second mortage I had know problems.

The young lady was nice understanding and made it easy to work with (Jessy).

The other guys James,Rick,Rich,and Justin the manager very nasty. They only document what they want in their system.

Rude is not the word for Rodriguez a Greentree rep. for financial department.

It is people like him we need to send them back to what ever country they come from and burn them at the stake. We all have had difficult times but to be a WEEK behind on a payment does not mean foreclosure. In this case no it meant we will charge you triple your payment and don\'t give a *** to do it.Trying to talk to him was a joke he was rude and talked to me like I was a dog, but after they started taking my whole paycheck plus some it left me no other choice but to file bankruptcy. It is a shame people does not have much more to pay on a home they have worked for, just to know it was all for nothing.

I know a person can get phone calls from people with all kinds of excuses not to pay for something but this is not the case.This man is nothing but an *** and I\'m sure he talks to his dog better than he talks to the customers.

Needless to say we help pay for these kind of jerks, he puts his pants on the same way as anyone else one leg at a time, this still does not give people the right to be such an ***. Starting all over is going to be hard my faith has been tried and it is not in my control where one door shuts another will open,I hope every night he has nightmare and every one he has been such a *** to their voices haunt him.

jdeg762 I bet you don\'t pay your bills on time, so be considerate of people that are having a difficult time especially at this time of need where the economy ***! If your not in a financial crisis like the rest of the USA thats because you work for a company that steals from hard working americans.

Your company should know the feeling of being in a financial crisis and or situation due to being on bankruptcy mode selling to Conseco Finance and then finding Investors to invest in a billion dollar corporation that earns there monies through rediculous late fees and interest. So if your one of the CEO\'s or an Investor or any top management remember WE SEEK WHAT WE SOW!

You and your company need to have compassion and change your tactful contract to something that is reasonable to the hard working AMERICAN people that\'s trying to make a living. President OBAMA has been trying to find a resolution to all the problems the AMERICAN people are suffering it will take a little time but will get to investigate your Employer GT.

I was so infuriated with these people! The original mortgage company I had was bought out by greentree.

I called to explain why our payment was late and to let them know that within the week I would have it paid up and this lady had the audacity to tell me that if it were her she wouldnt accept a payment, then told me I didnt care about keeping my house anyways. So thats when I told her I wanted to talk to someone else and she said she was the nicest rep I would get so I said "well im sad to hear that" and she said yeah well good luck keeping your house!

I was like omg are you serious! I called and reported her.I know they have a job to do but insulting people isnt part of that job.

Would you people please contact me. I have several attorney friends who are going to help us. Wintertate@yahoo.com

I completely agree with everything said about GreenTree Financial. They are currently servicing my account for my home in Indiana.

My Indiana home's original mortgage is thru Bank of America in Charlotte, NC. I originally purchased my home and land for $27,800.00 after paying 30% down. Greenpoint Credit serviced my mortgage from July 1998 to Feb. 2006.

GreenTree then bought the rights to service it. When they did this, I owed $11,954.00. I now owe $19,763.00. This is on a fixed rate of 10.1% for 15 years.

I now live in North Carolina and have a renter in my property in Indiana. GreenTree harasses me repeatedly and has threatened me with imprisonment. I have said several choice words to them and they have said that I have 'No Rights' whatsoever. They have now told me that I must pay them whatever they come up with and whenever they say to pay it.

That I have no choice in this matter. They have also informed me that they have a 'court order' implying this. I haven't received a court notice or even been to court with them, or with either Greenpoint Credit/Bank of America. They have said that I've violated my terms in the mortgage contract by renting my Indiana home out.

I've never signed or received a mortgage contract from GreenTree Financial. My Bank of America mortgage contract does not say that I cannot rent my home out either. GreenTree is now saying that they are proceding with Foreclosure on my Indiana property.

Incidentally my mortgage payment is only $295.79 and it is currently 53 days past due according to GreenTree Financial. But, my records and my Bank has documents showing that I am current.

Greentree employees and the company itself are a bunch of rude motherf*ckers. I have a loan thru them for a trailer my ex huband I *bought* together.

He left me and I got stuck with the trailer. I have had this thing for 12 years now and I figure I've probably paid over $25,000 for the piece of ***. I'm 2 monthes behind on my payments now, and yes, the phone calls are never ending.

They sent a service rep out who took pictures and even if I make my payment by the time the rep and I agreed on, they can't garentee that I won't lose the trailer...Well big f*cking deal....Let them deal with the ***, cause I'm sick of it. Bankruptcy sounds like a good idea....then they can eat the rest of what I owe them

I agree with you too. Greentree goes beyond collecting a debt falls Into harrassment.

I also have two mobile homes financed with them and they are rude as ***. I had one manager from the Houston Department tell me to flea from my home. What nerves. Well if any of the employees read this I want to tell you something.

KISS MY well you MAY notice I said may be smart enough to figure the last Word out. They act like they are never late on any bills. Keep acting cause we know its a lie just like the way you all LIE!! Keep up Im tired Look into collecting a debt and when it becomes harassment GreenTree falls into harrassment.

I will procede with this because I am not dealing with this for years. I never signed an agreement with GreenTree it was CIT Group and they couldn't financially stay afloat so neither can I!!!!!!!!!

South Boston, Virginia, United States #10724

I am in total agreement with you. Unfortunately, I have two mobile homes - one financed through greentree and the other through vanderbilt.

The are both blood-suckers - interest rates high although vanderbilt is 1% higher!!!The bad part about it all is one cannot sell these homes for what you owe - only for about half if you are lucky. Bankruptcy here I come.

Deborah
Review #108396 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Financial aka Greentree Servicing is ripping me off

13 years ago, my husband and I, we were just starting out, not making alot of money, purchased a mobile home, my parents gave us $11,000.00 down on a $27,000.00 home, we financed $16,000.00 w/ Greentree, now after 13 years of living in this dump and dealing w/ these VULTURES, we still owe $11,000.00. I figured it up and all together we have paid Greentree $27,300.00 towards a $16,000.00 loan, This is unreal that I am dealing w/ this in this day and age.

unbelievable. These people need to be stopped.

Read

I am a consumer with 800+ credit. I Have never made a late payment. I Have made thousands of on time loan payments, paid off every account in full as agreed, I am a totally ethical upstanding citizen.

Green tree is harassing us. The people who call ARE debt collectors, NOT loan servicers. This is important to understand because I/we have never made a late payment on ANYTHING EVER! Like I said, my/our credit scores are over 800, and this is completely unjustifiable.

To Charles: you are wrong. The grace period is THE LAW! It is not a courtesy. It is the LAW. And even if this is actually a "courtesy" the calls from debt collecting agents are anything but courteous.

To all the other consumers: stand up for your legal rights! Do not be intimidated by these wanna-be thugs. They are not actually gangsters or loan sharks who will come to your place and follow through. These are very weak little men with pathetic careers, barely making minimum wage. Call them out when they call you. Tell them to come over and talk like that face to face. Tell them you aren't afraid of little punks and empty threats. You are a real person and deserve to be treated justly!

if someone wants to do a class action against them you can count me in.

ensignpc@aol.com

vashti7777
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #634354
@paul ensign

You can count me in for that class action suit too!

It is unreal how Green Tree manages to stay in business with they way they operate, and quite frankly the best thing for everyone is if they would go belly-up!! They are nothing but *** bag vultures who take advantage of people, harass, and intimidate them.

I have no time for these peices of garbage and despise them for everything they are. They are rude and disrespectful; they are nothing but thugs who hide behind a telephone and desk. "Kagan" is the worst. That miserable little rat starts calling once you are a single day late, but still within the grace period, for submitting your payment.

He calls every 1/2 hour ALL day long. Fortunately I have a call-blocker on my phone that just picks up and hangs up on him. Before I started blocking his calls he would leave voice mail messages with his snippy disgusting attitude; he really thinks he is somthing special. I sincerely hope that after the way they have treated me, and everyone else, that every Green Tree employee will end up unemployed, homeless, and destitute.

May everyone of them rot in ***!! Thank goodness for good attorneys; I won't speak to Green Tree. Actually, you can't speak to them.

They are unable to communicate with their customers. Having a highly aggressive attorney on your side is the only way to deal with these thugs!!!

What is that about a mobile home cannot be moved once it has been in the same spot for ten years, does that mean that they can't foreclose?

#190524

I agree with 99 % of the people on this forum, Green tree representative are not helping and at at time they are very rude to customers. It seems if they are told by their employers to harrass the people

I can't believe these people. I have been asking for an itemization of my payments and this a**h*** his name is Sean start screaming at me telling that He was going to send me to foreclosure becuase he did not like me.

I asked him to talk to his supervisor and he said that he didn't have one. I told him that he was just an employee that he did had one. HE said that whoever had a complaint we could contact him at 605-355-7000 ext. 554440 or Fax Sean at 866 210 6192 after a few phone calls I was able to contact his supervisor Jeremy Ticken 605- 355-7000 ext 57119 I did insist about 10 times leaving a few messages...

His supervisor finally answered. Please, don't be intimitated by these people. Just like they insist on the payments ...

you also insist on knowing every month where your paymetns are going ... I contact them in writting I send about 5 to 10 letters a month requesting for payment itemization since I am late and they don't want to show the payments of the statements.

I was told by a Green tree rep to stop telling lie's. that I didn't call them when i did.

I wish I had recorded the phone call I am sure the CEO would liked to have heard it. NO one has a right to treat you like the ppl here do.

I have to years to finish paying off home, and the Green Tree nightmere will be over, and I might say that the place is falling apart! Green Tree still fights to get the place back, I would of been better off renting, to many fees, to much 12.5% apr, no service, to many phone calls at my jobs and lost a few jobs because of them, high insurance cost, chosen by Green Tree, that is not Green Tree insurance company, maybe they want to be payed by another insurance company. I guess if they want it they will come and get it, there is a law here, a moble home can not be moved if it is over 10 years old, and mine is over 20 years old, so good luck Green Tree and maybe If they forclose on the home I can charge them storage fees and I will call them 10 times day and night at all hours being ugly rude.

#120617

This company is a NIGHTMARE to deal with. My former mortgage company was bought out and in the restructuring they sold off a bunch of accounts, including mine.

From the beginning it has been nothing but errors, mistakes, false promises, mindboggling incompetence, and idiocy. The customer service rep on the phone today told me "Here at Green Tree we're not too familiar with how 'escrow' works, so it's a little confusing for us just now" - if they're not familiar with escrow what the H*LL are they doing financing mortgages?!?

It is unbelievable... In the span of that ~45 minute phone call I was given 7 - SEVEN - different amounts that were the "actual amount due." Furthermore, I called on 3/1, and was told my payment due was xxx - when I called today, she said it's xxx+50, because I "underpaid" February's payment, DESPITE the fact that the payment I sent in for February was $80+ MORE than what I had been told to send!!

Doing everything I can to improve my credit score and get the h3ll away from these jokers, before it's too late.

#120579

Oh yeah Charles and another thing .You say it is illegal for Greentree to take money from someones account or to take more money from someones account without authorization .Well from what Karen says here they did it so what they did was illegal just like calling people several times a day and harrassing them like they did me.Looks to me like they do alot of illgal practices from my experience with them just like alot of large greedy corporateorganizations do ..Here is another example ..Citifinance ...My biggest mistake was taking out a loan with those sharks and i will be doing a writeup on them as well do.Just another company that takes advantage of people trying to get by and getting wealthy off high interest loans where pople can only afford to pay the minimum payment that goes only toward interest and the principal NEVER goes down then when you get in trouble with the loan .they want to refinance which only starts the whole process over again ...*** THESE *** .I do not think that someone like Karen would have any reason to lie and from the experience I had with these vultures (Greentree) ,I am sure she is telling the truth .I wish they would have sent a rep out to my house .I probably would have shot the S.O.B...... I know this for fact ,It is time the Greentree was chopped down and people like you are finding yourselves standing in the unemployment line ..

#120574

Hey Charles you are full of *** .I dealt with these *** for several years before the sake of my folke paying off my mobile home and telling Greentree if they EVER contacted me again ,we would sue them .I even have my dad to back me up on this from listening in on the conversation I had with them on speaker phone ..Their reps are rude ,dont give a *** about their customers and constantly harassed me over the phone and what everyone says here is true.Fortune 500 company my *** .They have made a fortune by taking advantage of people ,by their high interest rates and by scamming peopleinto loans that are impoosible to pay off .I suppose you are just another one of those screwheads that just dont give a *** and get off on the misery of other peoples griefso you can take your fortune 500 *** and shove it straight up your *** .Thank God I dont have to deal with these asshholes ever again .If you have a conscience,you will find a more honest line of work to get into .I dont know how these *** sleep at night .All I know is had the greentree experience and it was a bonified nightmare.These bloodsucking vampires need to be stopped .I would love to see a class action suit against them and this company stopped dead in their tracks and *** lie you in the unemployment lines and soup kitchens begging for a crumb to eat.Maybe then or at least I hope ,you would learn to be a little more humble and understand what poor people go through to sustain themselves

green tree selection practices are illegal folks who honestly dont need the loan are getting them that is why thier enforcement is so tight they know you cant pay and will ruin credit and offer outrageous full payment methods even after they sell a repossesd mobile home. i know attnoey general will invistigate them with all the complaints in florida you should file a complaint with them see what happens.

i feel they willing take folks who's cant pay high risk loan or not some folks including myself shouldnt of been approved. and the other person on the loand is scott free never gets calls since he never picked up a phone in the first place.

aand they do lie btw charles i just filed a compliant with the FTC over thier collections and them for not providing documentation of the debt that i am suppose to owe. but remember if they sue they violeate thier contract thus opening up for class action lawsuit.

Wll, Charles, apparently you are one of the vultures that dipped into my account and stole my money! But, you are correct about one thing, IT IS ILLEGAL to do what green tree did to me according to the Colorado Insurance Commission!

I guess when ALL of my complaints are read and investigated, Charles will be eating Green Tree Crow for dinner because they most certainly stole money from my account and I have ALL paperwork to prove it!!! Charles, you might want to work for a reputable company, not one where they have the grunts defend their illegal practices for the sake of a paycheck.

I bet your Dad works on Wall Street or for G.I.A. too!!

I had my payment taken automatically out until greentree took more than I authorized and overdrew my account. Now THEY want to charge me fees because my bank returned money to my account. greentree is threatening me with legal action for their screw up.

Green Tree is not a harassing company. #1, its illegal to take pymnts from chcking accts.

they woudlnt be in business if they did that. #2, pay your bills #3 violations of the FDCPA and HIPPA are investigated throughly, again, they wouldnt be a fortune five hundred company if they did that. #3, these conversations are recorded and monitered. if representatives from green tree talked to these customers like this, they wouldnt have a job.

These ppl exagerate, lie, and try to make themselves sound like people with 800+ credit scores. if u paid ur house pymnt ontime u wouldnt be receive phone calls.

a grace period is a courtesy, not a requirement. this lawsuit will be dropped just like the rest of them.

@Charles

Charles, you're such a liar. My state's banking department is now going after Green Tree for not doing an escrow analysis.

Oh and as far as grace peros go It's in my contract. THat means it's REQUIRED.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #88622

to internet reader and js336 u r dumb ignorant and i hope u lose everything u have u r probably a green tree worker or banker so i expect no better from an *** like u green tree increase stuff they cheat scam and they r being sued now for harassing a man to have a heart attack to death. and if u think thats right then give me your address and number so i can harrass u so u can feel how these people u 2 *** jerks

Green Tree sent a rep out to my house three months ago because I refuse to pay their insurance when I have insurance on my house thru state farm and have faxed the insurance to green tree several times. The Rep came to the front door and identified himself and asked for me, I said wait a second I'll go get him, I then came back with a 12 gauge shot gun and asked what do you want he proceeded to talk but very nerviously and then i politely asked him to leave because i'm very unstable dealing with idiots, then he tried to take a pic of my house but that didn't happen either.

He left and they called 10 minutes later and I told them that they will be getting a letter to cease communications with me and that they can deal with my attorney. This is the only way to deal with them. My Attorney has discovered alot of illigal things they do.

I've got them sweating and so can you. Also in the process of refiancing with a local bank....

Greentree has some of the most hateful people on the face of this earth working for them. You call and try to make arrangments and all they want to do is be rude and act as if they want to come right then and take your home.

Well i say let them have it....

We have been paying for over 15yrs and now falling on hard times and they want to take our home.... i say come get it, its not worth anything now and they can't get my land....i can always start over.They need to be stopped!!!!

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #66250
Green Tree is ripping me off. They told me I had some pre-taxed interest on my loan.

I have never heard of this. I plan to make something happen. This is not right. I financed my home for 24,000.00 and I have lived in it for 10 years and I owe 24,242.00 now.

This is impossible. I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission. I plan to get an attorney as well to look into it.

This is a shame. :( :(
i am in the same boat with these idots.....i i have been in our modular for going on 10 years and still owe about as much as we did when we started....husband lost job and year ago, did find another but cut in pay was basically our house payment. just recently i was 227.00 behind on the payment and we have no house phone and they evidently went on the internet and found a neighbour\'s number and called and left a message that they were checking \"vacancy\" and stated our address and said they were going to forclouse in a week!

well isn\'t that again privacy laws? even though they did not say our name they said our address now this neighbour knows our business! does anyone know where i can report this? also they are constanly calling me and my husband at our work place after they have been told repeatedly not to, again isn\'t that against the law.

something needs to be done to these people\'s business ethics! :(

why don't ppl realize that when they gave you the loan, it was for 15% because more than likely you dont own the land. mobile homes do depreciate more so than wood built.

also one thing i've learn before i bought was with any home loan, you are paying back lots more because of interest. i took a 20yr vs a 30 which saves you on interest. yes, in the beginning you have to laugh because first payment 4.00 went towards the principle lol. but i've also learned, don't put tons down on the loan.

get the loan with the minimum down. then after the first payment, you apply that large amount down on the principle. ex: i put 1500.00 down. after first payment, i put 10,000.00 down.

home paid off before 20yr. it does help.

or make an extra payment. can't just blame gtservice, its all mortgage co's.

I bought a maufactured home in 1999 for $49,400 at $400/mo. 11 years later I still owe $49, 000.

I've paid $49,000 in interest. Help with the Vultures

Just found out that $36 of a 488.56 payment goes towards principle. We've been paying for 14 years :( I am so angry. Our original finance amount was $49,335.00 They tell us we owe 48,700.00 after 13 years????

My DH and I have a mortgage with Green Tree that we are trying to get out of due to financial hardships. We've received an offer that is less than what is left on the mortgage but Green Tree is refusing to conduct a short sale.

We have been in the mobile home for almost 8 years and can't stand it any longer, the neighborhood is becoming uninhabital and unsafe for our family.

They've made their money of us more than twice over with the astronomical interest rate of 15%. They are evil blood suckers that need to be put out of business for poor customer service.

Norwood, Pennsylvania, United States #16427

I love to read comments regarding finance companies. I find it humorus that people are surprised when they make payments (late) and wonder why their balance does not go down.

Its been my experience that USUALLY payments are not made on time or the creditor does not keep the terms of the agreement. Examples in my theisis were: creditor late payments ( accured daily intrest on simple interest loans) additional charges for legal fees when they are sued. (yes, if you get a letter from an attorney you are paying for it.) and failure to keep the home insured.

Let's face it you did not read your contractual obligation and then you get mad when the servicing company bills you. Shame on you for not paying on time.

Zawiercie, Slaskie, Poland #14854

greentree just foreclosed me on.its probably the cheaper way out for me. my home was 50,000 13 years ago and i still owe 48,000 something is wrong with this game.iv'e been paying 4900 5000 intrest yearly.wats up with that? i wouldn't recomend any kind of a purchase from crooks like them.i'm going to rent.the are very rude and i think they like taking homes.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #11879

Please everyone call the Federal trade commission and your attorney general they helped me with these Green Tree vultures they will help you as well.Green Tree destroyed my credit.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #11878

Green tree servicing has destroyed my credit but the bad thing about it is I've NEVER been late on a payment. Well there is help out there just call the Federal trade commission and the attorney general you will get help with them just give them time.

The attorney general was my biggest help.

So everyone call the FTC and attorney general please. We can stop these vultures.

Leakesville, Mississippi, United States #4152
Blood sucking vultures is more like it .I have dealt with up to 5 or 6 harrassing phone calls a day if a payment gets slightly behind and have had repossesion threats and everything else you can possibly imagine..These people do need to be stopped ..Something has to be done to protect mobile home owners as well and I think that we as mobile home owners nee to petition to have laws passed that protect us from leaches such as Greentree .I think the tree needs a really good shaking :(
Chula Vista, California, United States #2339

My sister also has a mobile home with Greetree and has had similar problems, the company is just horrible. I have filed complaints, tried calling the right people..

and nothing seems to work. I wish these people could be stopped.

VULTURES is a great word to descibe them! But you forgot to add unprofessional and ignorant.

ripped off by greentree
Review #107809 is a subjective opinion of poster.