Show reviews that mention
green tree payment tree mortgage loan payments phone account bank customer service
Filter review

Greentree Servicing - GreenTree Financial is a very unprofessional company.

I have major problems with GreenTree Financial. I own a Clayton single wide home in Southeastern Indiana that is on lakefront property that I also own. GreenTree is servicing this mortgage for BankAmerica Housing Services which is a division of Bank of America. This is not a sub-prime mortgage. GreenTree has been calling me repeatedly. Yes, I have gotten behind in my mortgage payments, but not too far. I live in Northeastern North Carolina currently. GreenTree has found out that I have a renter in this home. First they said that I had violated my contract by renting in out. After reviewing my contract, I found that I am not in violation. Then they said that I abandoned this home, no I did not, it's occupied. They have contacted everyone in Indiana that I had used as a reference when I purchased the home and land in 1998. They have told everybody that I am a deadbeat, that I am ***, that I am using my money for illicit purposes, that I am not to be trusted, and that I am a filthy liar. They have also contacted my renter and stated to him that he can file criminal charges against me for committing fraud against him because I have been using his rent payments for illicit reasons. How they got his number or name, I have no idea. He started renting on March 01, 2008. I've sent him documents showing that the only money that he has paid to me that didn't go to any debt in Indiana (Mortgage, Electric, Water/Sewer, Homeowners Association Dues, Property Taxes) was the amount of $29.51. My renter is now paying the electric since March 01, 2009 for a lower rent amount. I have also informed him that it is costing me $58.00 extra each month over the rent that he is paying for me to even own the property. On April 6, 2009, Samantha from GreenTree called me and told me that I was $736 behind and if I didn't pay this immediately, then Legal was going to file criminal charges against me and that I should expect a very long prison term. I informed her that over the past 4 weeks, I have paid GreenTree in excess of $800. She said so what! She informed me that all but $100 went to her department for her cost to collect from me and that the $100 went to what I owe. She then informed me that GreenTree was through dealing with filthy *** like me and that Legal was going to put me in my place as I should be. After several choice words from her and from me as well, I ended her call. I am now filing for Chapter 13 for all my debts. But, since my Indiana property is now considered as investment property, I have to relinquish it to the Banruptcy Court. I sincerely hate and despise GreenTree for everything they have put me through these past 3 months.

harrassing ,rude calls. how do you deal with it is there a way to stop them. is a month behind a crime?

We have recently gone through a very similar situation with Green Tree. They have been calling harrassing my mother over being one month behind in a home that was financed in my deceased fathers name.

They have called repeatedly and left nasty messages for her calling her all sorts of names and now don't want to come and take the home off of her property but they state that she is illegally living there. I will always discourage anyone to do business with them.

I have been dealing with this company for 7 yrs now, and I have all but stopped answering their calls. I get behind at least 3 times a year due to the nature of my work.

I simply wait for their forclosure doc and then pay it when the funds become available. They have tried to convince me that they are going to foreclose anyway, but so far I've called their bluff numerous times.

Ignore their collection agents, just follow the paperwork you receive. On paper they have to be legal, but by phone they can say anything.

They used the same tatic's but in front of my 7yr old son. They even told me they have already sold my house in order to extort money.

I now just ignore their calls and send in my regular payments and Im really only a monthy behind.

Which would be $1k, but they say its $6K + according to their numbers. Nothing but liars and theifts.

I agree with you about them being unprofessional. They badger, harrass and pressure with untrue statements just to scare people.

My solution is just don't talk to them. Pay them and that's it. If you get behind, ignore them. Catch up but don't talk to them.

Avoid the stress. The law is on our side when it comes to dealing with bill collectors.

View more comments (4)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina

Greentree Servicing - Not posting payments

I paid through my online banking account on 3/10/09 and the payment still has not been posted. The automated message says my last payment was made on 1/14/09. Now I'm getting messages to give them a call and when I called them they couldn't find out why the March payment wasn't posted and to call back while the customer service people are there. I thought I was talking to customer service. I am so sick of dealing with this company. All I want to do is get the loan paid off as soon as possible.

Even if you try to pay off your loan, Greentree still wants to rip you off. My mortgage loan was bought by Greentree recently.

I decided to pay off the loan. The amount due was confirmed with Greentree. I sent bank check via certified mail. About 12 days later, I received letter saying that I still owe money on the loan and that the amount sent was incorrect.

Greentree claimed I had sent it in after the cut off date, even though when I call and listen to the automated voicemail, my pay off was posted 2 days before the cut off date. After having to wait a long time, I spoke to supervisor to ascertain why I had all the additional fees. The end solution according to Greentree is either pay the amount or the loan will keep accrueing interest.

I called again to listen to the voicemail regarding the date that Greentree had posted my pay off and the 2nd time, Greentree had changed the recording to a later date. How deceptive of them!!!!

GreenTree was one of the many of the other mortgage companies that gave too many mortgages to people they knew could really not afford them or gave them to people regardless of their bad credit. It is the mortgage companies that allowed our economy to take a dump.

Josh

You make me laugh.

Fix this company go to Twitter and post that you are getting ripped off and see how many tv reporters start investigating Greentree. I did.

View more comments (3)
Parkville, Maryland
Loss

Greentree Servicing - Harrassed over late fee, Green tree.

I have recieved call after call, after call they have called my sister, my dad and Lord knows who else over a late fee... Other than that my account is current and I am zero months behind. That has not always been the case, There was a time I struggled to get the payments caught up, and now it feels like I am being stalked for 50.00 dollars? Maybe thay need to be on the government bail out list if my 50.00 is such a threat to their business....Then they act like they are doing me a favor by harrassing me to the point of ripping my hair out.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Greentree Servicing - I lost my home because of greentree

green tree was my mortgage company, i got behind but got caught up, i set green tree all the money i owed them and then some, green tree took my money and still put my home up for sheriffs sale, my children and i had to leave our home, i had 5 years left out of a 15 year mortgage. The day of the sale, green tree let the court know to stop the sale hours after the sale had taken place. Is there anyone who can help me out with this? I lost over 4 thousand dollars because of this, what happen and where is my money
Monticello, Illinois

Greentree Servicing - Gave false infomation

I do not have an account with GreenTree. Their debtors gave them my information (a lie) and have since been contacted by other parties to the debt. greentree gave others my name and phone number. Tried calling Greentree to correct the problem and see how much more of my info they have. They hung up on me several times. Very rude and unprofessional people. I was told only one person could help me and she might call me back and might not. Had to get Sheriff dept to get this straight. At least I think it is straight, since no one at GreenTree will talk to me.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Greentree Servicing - They call way too much and they are VERY RUDE !!!

I agree with the rest of you people about Greentree. They call a 100 times a day and when you talk to them they talk to you like a dog. Most of them want even tell me their names. I have got to were I am rude right back to them. If they can dish it out, they can take it back. After I would send them my payment, I would go to www.gtservicing.com and see if they've received it and they have and they would still keep calling. I had one woman call me on Thanksgiving Day and she was very rude and she told me that she was working until late that night and that I was home with my family. She acted like it was my fault that she had to work. I will NEVER finance anything with them ever again and I will WARN OTHERS I know not to either.

they call the payment is due and ask if we are makingthe payment. they suck and if they keep it up i will stop making payments all together. they can have this junk house in flint michigan that iam paying 900 dollars a month for

Somerset, Kentucky

Greentree Servicing - Threaten forcloser on someone and not try to help yhem find a solution.

going through a very though divorce haven't recieved any child support am three month's behind have three childern and a soon to be daughter-in-law whom is carrying twins. I was called on job which is only minn. wage and 12 to 28 hrs. a week. I don't have any money at this to time to even rent a place. I don't see why you are not calling him 740-253=3484 he want's me to lose my home because he say's i have to suffer. He has two bank account Homeland credit union an Woodforest in Chillicothe i would like to know if you have a prgram called loss litagation or can you modifity the loan lower my payment's so i can stay in my home. CALL 740-851-4818

You're an ***. Why should Greentree Financial help you find a solution, when you're 3 months behind in paying them back their money?

You are in debt. And it's YOU who needs to find a solution.

Your husband is right, you do need to suffer. Glad he's divorcing a loser like you.

Columbus, Ohio
Greentree Servicing Loan

Greentree Servicing - Can any one tell me where else to get a mobiel home loan

the only place that will help me with my mobile home id green treei see how pissed people are with this company can anyone else tell me any other places that can help with a older mobile home i own my land and its a 1977 but updated to a 1996 it like walking in to a new home do if anyone knows of a place let me know before i go with green tree and tell me how bad are they really cause i cant find no one else to give me a loan and i am about to lose it help if anyone can
Salt Lake City, Utah

Greentree Servicing - Greentree said to buckle down & get the cash

nikki called me at work said greentree would be doing a home inspection and lock at of my home at 7pm that night unless i sent in @$600 that day. she said i needed to buckle down and borrow money from anyone so i ask if her if she and her manager could help me. they don't even know me and they work for the company and can't do that. it's okay to ask other people that don't know me to help pay my mortgage. i pray god blesses these people and they never are in a situation like so many are in today.

we abandoned the single wide we loved cuz we simply couldnt pay the $2600 we owed.We were both unemployed,thus we were in defaulkt. We got the title to this property last Friday,along with a letter stating-"This account has been settled".

how can you explain this? :?

Ada, Oklahoma

Greentree Servicing - GreenTree = Ruthless

My Mother and Step-Father had a mortgage through GreenTree. I had never heard of them. My Step-Father passed away a few years ago and my Mom was doing her best to keep up with the payments as you'd expect. She was also diagnosed with cancer and had spent over a month in the hospital. She was able to return home only a week before she passed in mid-March of this year. As unbeleivable as this sounds, within an hour of the undertaker removing her body from the house, GreenTree called to inform us that she was behind by a month (duh, she was in the hospital) and they were prepared to foreclose. End of March comes and the harrasing phone calls begin again, anyone familiar with these jakals know their tactics...we'll take the house unless you give us your credit card number for the payment, etc. Needless to say, they did NOT get my card number. As a family, we decide to bring the account up to speed until we can find a buyer, but the money is nearly gone and...the phone calls begin again. This time...they can have it! NOTHING is worth the harrassment that these people put grieving families through. We did not take out the loan! We're simply trying to do the right thing and make payments but they are completly ruthless and only slightly better than loan sharks. Now they can have the enjoyment of trying to sell a house in today's market. Good luck!
Cobleskill, New York

Greentree Servicing - Green Tree Claims Handeling

My mobile home loan that had been with a company called CIT out of Oklahoma City was recently bought out by Green Tree. No problem, until I had hail damage and the insurance company made the settelment check out to both me and Green Tree. I sent the endorsed check, pictures, contractors W-9, contarctors estimate, and my first born to Green Tree like they wanted just to get 1/2 the insurance claim money back in 5-7 days like they told me. I waited, and waited, and waited with no money back. Once I started calling to find out what was going on I was put in touch with my "claims rep", a guy by the name of Clayton. Clayton had every excuse under the sun as to why It was taking so long to process my claim. Everything from they were behind on mail to I was calling to much and he couldn't get his work done. I told them that I didn't care if I called twenty times a day, if Green Tree can't afford to hire people to answer the phones and process claims that's not my fault, second, they are in the CUSTOMER SERVICE business, I'm a customer and I'm pissed because I can't get any money to fix my property. I guess in a nut shell it's *** to have to jump through all the hoops Green Tree wants just to get half of YOUR insurance money back (that never comes). Mean while, unless your independently wealthy your property is sitting, still damaged and getting worse because you don't have the money to make all the repairs. Green Tree *** at customer service, they should revamp the way they get "OUR" money back to us because "WE" need it to take care of "OUR" investment. They suck, they should be nvestigated, and they should give us OUR MONEY, they don't hesitate to call and try to intimidate us when we're late on a payment. They don't care about our problems and hardships, why should we care about theirs. The motgage crises is because of companys like theirs. They are the idiots that loaned money on bad risk, I've made all my payments for the past twelve years so show me some respect, don't treat me like a child and give me MY *** MONEY.

I have a large water loss and I am getting the same runaround. I paid for $46,000 in material at Home Depot and submitted the bill to them on September 22, 2015 which I was assured would be reimbursed to me asap.

Well it is November 11th and I have gotten $24,000 of the amount and I'm still fighting for the rest. This happened with the demolition, The hvac atc. The hold on to your money as long as possible. My original loss was May 1, 2015.

The reconstruction should have been done already but it has just started but I am paying for everything myself. My insurance paid the claim but Greentree won't reimburse me. There is always one more thing they need perpetually.

They are criminals in my mind. I've been told to contact the Il states attorney but I have resisted but I am in trouble financially due to Greentree's abuse.

I have had the same issue, I had over $15,000 worth of damages to my house and dealing with these *** is a total nightmare, when I have been told it will have a check cut in 72 hours, that means 1-2 weeks, they have only 3 people that work in claims, they never answer emails, and it takes an act of god to get them on the phone, they have cost me 100's of dollars in interest from companies that I have used to get my house fixed, dump them as soon as you can......

July 30, 2013

I had just the opposite experience with Green Tree. I mailed my property damage insurance check to their Wisconsin office on 7/25/2013 & I've already gotten it back w/ the company's endorsement!

I to have been paying on insurance for 18 years.Never turned in a claim till June of 2012.Mi Insurance Co. done same thing. I've sent check and Insurance Appraiser list for the hail damage on the roof.Shingles alone is going to cost about $2200 not counting nails felt paper and any damage under the now shingles.Green Tree is only sending me half until work is finished.Well half is not even covering the shingles.I know I have a $550 deduct.But still not covering all the cost.I have had a lot of trouble out of other things dealing with Green Tree.

View more comments (3)
Plano, Texas
Loss

Greentree Servicing - Conseco/Green Tree Financial Issue

Can anyone tell me how to find GreenTree Financial services or Conseco Financial. I'm needing a contact number for Customer Service. Unfortunately I have a question that dates back 7 years ago. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much. You can email me at busdriverjk@yahoo.com. Thank you,
Mcpherson, Kansas

Greentree Servicing - Greentree Finances People for homes

I worked for Greentree. Most all customers do not realize that when they are late with their payment, their (per diem) interest could be costing them as much as twenty four dollars per day, for every day the payment is late. Say the payment is three weeks late...multiply that by twenty four dollars per day. Simple math. This is why the entire payment goes toward interest, and not the principal. Some of the customers I had to call didn't grasp this. All they knew was that they had been paying for three years and the principal was still the same. Make your payments on time. Being even two or three days late will cost you interest money.
Wall, South Dakota

Greentree Servicing - Green Tree finance

I have written Greentree several times asking why when Consco bought Greentree they did not buy the "points" Consco added $5000.00 to the principle which when we bought the mobile home it had a price tag, after taxes and other things were added, of $63,000.00 and after they bought it the principle amount went to $68,000.00. I did call Consco and they were the ones that told me about the "points". Well as you know Consco sold back to Greentree but guess what they did not buy the "points". We have had the mobile home since Dec. 1998 one of the "better build mh" ha ha it's falling apart never been late even try to make extra to principle but they always put it on interest. We now owe $60,153.00 so in 9 years we have only paid less than $3,000.00 on principle.

To me, Greentree is like a LOAN SHARK.

This is the worst company ever. If anyone is reading this, go elsewhere before they ruin your life. They are very difficult to deal with after the fact and they will make your life miserable.

I too have a hoem financed with Green Tree. Sinse 1999.

Due to the sickness of a child and the loss of my husbands job, we have fallen behing two payments, but have made arrangments to pay...However, there is one lady (and I use the term Lady VERY LOOSLY) that continues to call.

In fact, TODAY, she called using her private number and told our 16 year old son that she was with the local sherifs department and was "sending out a deputy to PAD LOCK our house" and she "Hoped we had all our things out of the house", she did not leave a contact number or her name, but was easily recognized because she has called and harrassed our entire family for over two weeks now. I have spoken to EVERYONE that will listen but nothing has been done...They acknowlede that her actions are "not acceptable" But, do NOTHING...Funny, a company with yearly revenue of over 366 MILLION dollars is so concerned over 347.51 that they actually condon this type of behavior....

View more comments (2)
Waycross, Georgia

Greentree Servicing - Ordinary Folk -vs-Green Tree Finance

Greentree in my observation violates all of the FTC rules at will.They harass, lie, and uses unfair collection tatics against the economic Handicaped.(US) As we celebrate our Nations Independence, I am reminded that Through out history, whenever injustice, was apparent it was " Ordinary Folk" like you and me who stood together to squash it. If the Consumer Agencies won't enforce their Laws, United we can and will enforce them. A change is coming It is time for the ordinary Folk to Unite. We can win if we stand together as one! Rolland T. Hinkins rolland6225@yahoo.com
Tami

I've sent my complaint to the FTC, my congressman, and since President Obama's discussing financial crisis--sent an email to him too. Hopefully enough people will do the same.

Livingston, New Jersey