Greentree Servicing Home Mortgage Review from Greenville, South Carolina

I was taking for a ride by Greentree I purchased my home un 1998 my land was purchased from one the employees of Stegall Mobile Homes 68,000.00 paid on my home the added insurance on my home making my payments higher every month 15 years later they said I was still paying interest and my principal payment was still 68,000.00 talk about predatory loan I was never paying for my home I was just giving my money away there should be a class action lawsuit in South Car olina. I need help.

Read

Same thing happened to me..I was told the first 10 years would be interest..the rest would be principal..but 17 years later I am most paying interest...

Trying to figure out what I need to do...I am sick of them

Problems with payment
Review #715291 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer715291.

Greentree Servicing in Saint Louis, Missouri - Cashed my check & say it was returned

I made Sept payment to Greentree Mortgage. Somewhere between payment being sent, received & cashed, Greentree switched to Ditech.

Ditech is now saying my payment was received, but the check sent was returned insufficient funds so my payment is now late. The problem is my payment cleared my account and they have my money! I have faxed docs many times and no one will return my call to fix the problem. Now I'm late and I'm getting calls from a Ditech collection person who sounds like he's reading a script.

My Oct payment is quickly approaching. What happens if I send in that payment, they cash it and once again I "owe" them for a payment I'm trying to make!?

terobi
Preferred solution
Get the September payment applied correctly, please!!
Review #713549 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing Mortgage Review

Hello I'm not suprise how the company greentree change their name to ditech i think this company should be shut down completely the harass to foreclose people homes only for one two payments behind such rude company and that linda needs to be fired she so disrespectful

Poor customer service
Review #708868 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer708868.

Greentree Servicing in Morrison, Tennessee - Rosie 1-800-474-3918 ext. 62592

Had a problem with one of your customer service reps name Rosie. Phone number is 1-800-474-3918, ext.

62592. She is very rude, make threats to my parents, try to control them making unprofessional statements to them. Talk to mom like she is a child telling her what to do and so forth. She has my mom totally pissed off.

Who do she think she is? With attitudes she has she will never get anything out of consumers. I do not want her calling them nor me again. I prefer to speak with someone else.

I have asked Rosie to not call my job. You all need to train your customer reps to speak to customers more friendly and professional so they get a better response from us. I've read the 96 complaints about this company and they are not good.

Attitudes are BAD!

Morrison, Tennessee
I liked
No problems with payments
Unfair business practices
Poor customer service
Review #708590 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer708590.

Greentree Servicing in Deland, Florida - Rudeness and numerous fees that are unexplained

I was on automatic pay until my payments went inconsistent. I was charged 100-300 dollars in fees periodically every month.

Changed to pay manually and I would dispute fees every month then end up paying anyways to stop the harassment. It's like, I am in a nightmare> I never know what y monthly payment will be. The rudeness is amazing.

The guy told me I was basically a thief and they were going to charge a 50.00 dollar late fee for being late. i explained I was late due to charges I do not know anything about they said excuses excuses.Now owned by Ditech

Problems with payment
Review #707931 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer707931.
1.3

Greentree Servicing Mortgage Review

On August 18 2015 a refund check to myself and my ex girlfriend was cashed by her I have been huntin down for two months finally I got the copy of the check both free tree and the bank should b held responsible for sending the check to her I have started by going to the police next step will b court

Problems with payment
Review #707242 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer707242.

Greentree Servicing in Portage, Michigan - Greedy tree/deaddick IE greentree/ Dietech

My house is going into foreclosure I cannot afford it anymore. But in the Chain of events Greentree screwed me over with their greed and lies they gave me all different prices for all different crazy things they said I owed them money for some past house insurance that I did not pay for I asked them what year was that and they did not know yet they call me at least 6 times a day at home and on my cell phone.

I am unemployed I explained my situation, but they do not care. I told them they are crooked evil vampires and they would dig up a corpse to and drink their blood just to get something, they are beyond Evil.

I don't care because 1 day they will face God and Woe to them on that day! They will wish that they had not ruined other peoples lives with there deception and lies!

iama52
I didn’t like
Unethical, Company lies and threatings, Will not work with you, Screwed up loan payoff -cant find where they credited my payment
constantly lieing
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #706461 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing Mortgage Review

worst customer service ever. Uneducated and rude.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with them.

Talk down to you as if you are a bad child. Very rude and totally unhelpful.

Poor customer service
Review #705778 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer705778.

Greentree Servicing in Cove City, North Carolina - Very Unprofessional business ethics

As a contractor -I was called by a lady to take care of her carpets that had been damaged do to a damaged roof. Upon first look my suggestion was to replace the carpet -but told her i would do what i could with them to see if they could be salvaged.

Long story short about three hours later she was extremely happy. At this point in time -my thoughts were this is great -happy customer -also saved the green tree the expense of replacing the carpet . Here is where things went south. Upon customer request- I faxed a copy of the work invoice as well as a w-9 to greentree on a satuday aug 29 and called the following week to verify that they had received the info.

They confirmed that the invoice and w-9 were received and that payment would be processed and mailed out on sept 11 2015.Come to find out the paper work never got processed and no check was cut or mailed Well today is the 23rd and having not received the check yet- I contacted green tree this morning only to find out that my info was never processed- the claim has been closed -and the customer was mailed the check which by the way has already been cashed and more than likely spent. Their song and dance was that sometimes it takes up to 15 days to process invoices and by the time it was going to be processed the claim had been closed and a check already sent out to the customer. What happened to accountability ?????? Total negligence on their behalf.

All I got was we are sorry -you will have to contact the customer to get your money-and if you want to talk to a supervisor-good luck on that happening-fill free to leave a voice mail and don't hold your breath waiting to get a reply. As a business owner I feel I did everything right-and as for green tree -I hold them fully responsible for dropping the ball-if it takes you more than a few days to process your invoices duuuuuhhhh you might want to consider hiring some help !!!! And a good reputable business -if they make a mistake or error-they make things right instead of passing the buck to someone else. So to sum it all up- the customer got taken care of -saved green tree thousands of dollars-green tree dropped the ball -did not do as promised-and now i am having to chase down money for work that was done almost a month ago and am having to make a trip out of town today to ensure payment -also had to discount my work so customer could afford to pay me .

Thanks a lot green tree for nothing but a big ole headache!!! Hope this review serves as a warning to other contractors before take on work where as this company is responsible for paying you

kevinc2015
Cove City, North Carolina
Tags
  • Greentree customer service
I didn’t like
Unfair business practices, Rude and abrupt, Did not take responsibility for their neglagence
Reason of review
did not deliver what was promised
Loss
Review #704610 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing - Beating Them At Their Own Game

I never had a problem paying my mortgage when it was with GMAC - never a lost payment or threat of foreclosure. I received monthly statements by no later than the 15th of each month, wrote the checks and they were posted promptly: Every statement was accurate.

After Bank of America(GMAC) as well as other large financial institutions (Ally, Citibank, et al) sued by Attorneys General from 25 states in 2011, they filed Chapter 11 reorganization and dumped accounts that had either low interest rates, were close to pay off or had a late payments on record.

My mortgage payments were never late but because I had a low interest rate and owed less than $65,000 GMAC sold my acount to Green Tree Servicing LLC a subsidiary of Walter Investments Inc.:

When my mortgage collection was sold to Green Tree from GMAC in 2013, I researched them: It was alarming to discover that they had a reputation for instigating foreclosure by magically 'losing' or misappropriating customer payments then charging late fees when customers balked, so I was determined to make photocopies of every statement, check and Certified Mail tracking number, then send every mortgage payment via Certified Mail.

I also wrote to them asking them to produce a copy of the note of origin and proof of their legal ability to collect payments from me (this is for assurety in the event that a lawsuit may later be filed that I did make correct legal inquiry of the company to collect mortgage payments). They responded with a copy of the original note but declined to produce legal proof of collection claiming "security issues."I printed a log of payments directly onto their monthly statement to show them that I was keeping meticulous records of the dispersal of monies.They sent me threatening letters from the Rapid City office demanding the total payoff which is completely illegal as it violated the terms of the note, so I wrote back requesting a copy of the source from the note supporting their demand for payment - They never replied.

Now, as they have a new caprice: I have been paying extra money to the principal to pay down the loan quicker and wrote a check last month for over $1000 extra to be applied to the principal. When I received this month's statement for the October mortgage, it showed that they did not apply the extra $1000. They processed the standard mortgage and dispersed the principal and interest as a normal payment.I called Green Tree immediately and spoke with a supervisor who said that they could access the check AGAIN and pull $1000 from it. I said, "No, I will take care of it on the next payment." but I asked, "How could they post the wrong amount from a customer check?" The supervisor answered glibly, "Oh it happens all of the time." I said, "No. This is unacceptable."She then said,"Well, I'm not in payment processing."I wanted to scream, "Then what in the *** Are you doing, offering advice?!"I told her that I keep thorough legal records of every payment. She then stated that "This phone call is being recorded." I answered, "Good. I want it to be recorded."I met with my financial adviser of my bank who explained that when you write a personal check the recipient has automatic permission to process it in any manner they wish, however, the fact that Green Tree did not apply $1000 was troubling. Because Green Tree, now DITECH elects to post payments electronically, it causes real problems for the bank to retrieve monies or correct mistakes.

Strategy that will prevent Walter Investments (Green Tree, DITECH or any other subsidiary trying to take your home) from forcing you into foreclosure:For $25 you can place a Stop Payment order on Green Tree and DITECH on your checking account, then pay your mortgage each month with a cashier's check drawn from your bank.They will no longer have access to your routing number and as it is a bank check fdic they are less likely to "lose" the payment.

Keep good records:1. Make photocopies of every document that you send to Green Tree - DITECH.2. Mail payments by Certified Mail - The Post Office owns the PO Box addresses, so YES, You CAN send Certified Mail to a PO Box Address.3. Organize all payments and correspondence in chronological order so that if or when you need an attorney you have solid proof of payments and letters that will help your attorney if you have to go to court.4. If you have a retirement plan that you can borrow from and owe less than $55,000 inquire if you can borrow from your retirement and pay it back without a hefty penalty. 5. Have a copy of the original note and plan for your pay off date. If you have family members that are willing to pony up to help you pay off your mortgage, work out repayment to them and be willing to give them a bit of interest for their help: The GOAL is to EXCISE The Green Tree-DITECH leeches out of your life forever.

You can do this.

DO NOT LET THESE BULLIES INTIMIDATE YOU. You worked too hard for your home to have some low-life corporation steal it out from under you!

Think creatively how best to pay off the loan.

Do not waste your time contacting the State Attorney General's Office - they are the reason your mortgage was sold, AND they represent the government not the individual. Consumer protection is not really designed to help taxpayers its about their 'image' - I know because I worked for them. Bunch of snakes.

Refinance is a bad idea because you are not only rewriting your loan and losing your equity, BUT, you HAVE NO GUARANTEE that your new loan won't be sold back to DITECH! You're better off paying down the principal and then pay off the loan in a do-able lump sum as long as there is no penalty for early payment on your original note.

Remember: Walter Investments Inc. makes money off of bulldozing people into foreclosure. They are soul-less monsters who care nothing for people who are trying to live. They don't care if you or a family member has cancer, or ALS or if you've been laid off, or a natural disaster has put you in the hospital.

Don't let these Troglodytes take your home!

Be Strong and Fight for Your Rights!

Good Luck and all the best!

Read

Also contact CFPB at 855-411-2372 or www.consumerfinance.gov.

Unethical, Customer service, Rude staff, Unable to communicate with
Problems with payment
Review #704377 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer704377.