Greentree Servicing Reviews

Show reviews that mention
green tree payment tree mortgage loan payments phone account bank customer service
Filter review

Green Tree Servicing is a poorly managed wreck

I read Walter Investments bought Green Tree. With any luck, half the GT slobs will get fired. There sure is fat to cut. Green Tree started its ignoble life as a trailer park financier. Maybe that's where they learned to resent their hapless "customers." I use quotes because I'm not a Green Tree customer by choice. I'd never choose to have these *** service my mortgage, but Bank of America sold it to them so now I have to deal with their *** until I can figure out how to escape. I can't believe how one Bank with decent service can just sell one of my two mortgages to another one with *** service. Green Tree Servicing is simply a bad company, as far as I can tell. They are both incompetent and jerky. As soon as they bought my mortgage, they imported the information from Bank of America incorrectly, misspelling my simple name. I called to have them fix it and then had to call again in a month when it still hadn't been fixed. I mailed them a form to sign up for automatic payment and I made a mistake with it. I forgot to insert a voided check. OK, fair enough - that was my mistake. How about letting me know you aren't going to deduct my payments in less than 6 FULL WEEKS?? I've been waiting over a month and a half and finally, today, after my monthly payment will be late unless i pay it online, I get a simple form letter that says what happened. What kind of billion dollar financial services firm can't mail a computerized letter in less than a month and a half? In the meantime, I'm stuck with the whole reason I went to the trouble of sending in the form for auto deduction in the first place: their completely insane, gouge-you-in-the-eyeball $12.00 per month fee for paying online. My monthly mortgage bill is $224 (on a small second mortgage). So I have to pay them over 5% for the honor of paying them in the most efficient, cheapest, and handiest way there is for them to get paid. Is this a joke? A financial services firm that charges you a big fat $12.00 fee FOR YOU TO PAY THEM? I know they do it just because they can. There's no valid reason, it's just a way to take money from people how can't do anything about it. They might as well be a smarmy waiter charging $12 more on my tab at a restaurant, hoping I don't notice. In fact, their worse. The waiter probably isn't already rich - he might actually need the money. Green Tree is just buying their private capital owners another set of clubs. Green Tree employees can all take long walks off short piers.

The $12 fee is because they use Western Union to retrieve your money.

Green Tree Servicing is owned by Walter Investment Mortgage Company, which is a publicly traded company. There are not minimums to buying their stock and when last checked, was still around $20.00 a share.

Once you become a stockholder in Walter Investment Morgage Company, you can now have a large variety of contact people and other stockholders to whom you could vent your frustration and concerns to about the shoddy practices of its company Green Tree Servicing. I purchased 1 stock today and began doing this myself since they bought my mortgage away from Bank of America, and our now trying to destroy my credit even after I have NEVER been delinquent on any payment, ever!

View more comments (1)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Greentree services financial mn

plze what ever u do don't get a house finance with greentree ginanical services from st cloud mn,they a dam rip off.i bought a tralier from them in 1996.brand new well the trailer were 29,000, they didnt tell us we haad 39 yearsmok,when i gor my paperes when i finish payin for this trailer it will cost me 110m00 dollars already paid 30.000.and its re delious because of the interest rate.been tryin hard to get it edice no luck doed snyone have a suggestion here for us in disgusted,we only payin interest i cant afford to apy exta thet told me if i pay 500 year it will knock the years down i need some advice it fallin he pieces i've pur 3 floors here,fllood zone so i'm tryin hard to keep it nut flushtraited plze some help me to do something thank u.but thy is a rip off.dont mess with them

bought this singlewide trailer in 1997, put down 3000 and financed 29,000. Past 2 years payments have not been getting posted until after the late date when the payment was made 10 days before due date and now it is even worst.

Sending payments through bank and it is not getting posted for 2 - 3 weeks. This past month Sept payment was made 6 weeks ago and has not posted. Keeps calling leaving messages for me to call back. Call back and they said they haven't received payments.

bank said they have received. I am refusing to send another payment until the other one posts. In 14 years I have been paying on it I still owe 26,000.

I have already paid over 45000 in payment. I am ready for them to repo it.

:cry :sigh :( :? :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (1)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Loss

Unperfasional phone calls and herassement

Green tree is the most unprofessional company i have ever seen they lie they call you a liar and they try to take things from you and ruin your credit,they Hera's you and they will kick you out on the street with no place to go,they do not work with you on a problem even if its not your fault and try to find the problem and fix it its there way or no way???????????? why.They dont care if it is a holiday ,late at nite or if your at work.You can tell them not to call your cell they do even more,You can tell them your not late on a payment they call you a liar and send you a vaconcy notice,now there is lawyers invoveld.
Miami, Florida

Charged late fee to loan

Greentree Financial bought our Bank of America equity loan back in April and we were notified that our billing would be sent to Palentine IL. We remitted our payment in a timely manner but Greentree Financial informed us that we were late because of the mail service of the US Post Office. We maintain that our payment was made 10 days before the due date. We contend that Greentree Financial is a predatory institution and is not in any way a useful banking firm to deal with. We are looking for other options in order to rid ourselves of this maggot company. I wish nothing but ill will upon the Company Greentree Financial and to all who benefit from the financial gains made through such devious means. Go to *** Greentree Financial and all your subsidiaries. This was our first payment to Greentree. I cannot believe it will get any better.

The Greentree phone service never allows you to actually speak to a representative...it sends you in circles entering your account number over and over and over....when all you want to do is talk to someone. When you press the ZERO after this and that...it's start everything all over again....Nitemare..!!!

Green tree sucks. I hate this company or should I say "scam *** lords".

I got a call July 2nd, and they said "your payment is late" since July 1st was a Sunday this is ridiculous. The payment was sent on July 2nd and it still hasn't got there.

*** It's the 11th, you mean it takes that long? Nope cause I mailed a check to Charlotte and it cleared so something is going on.

I don't beleive the late fee grave period is a law, but is in the original Loan Documents that you signed in Escrow - you should have received a copy from the Title Company.

I am dealing with the same treatment! I pay my bill every month at the same time I have been paying it for years with Bank Of America, Yet, I get at least 10 calls a day from Green Tree.

They are calling me as if I am going into foreclosure next week! I think next time they call I will be waiting with a bull horn to say hello! I am so angry with these people.

I know there are people who are truly late, They must have people camping outside of their homes from Green Tree! Can anything be done?

Green Tree Financial bought my Bank of American home equity loan in April as well, and they also did not apply my payments on time, although they were mailed 2 weeks in advance (before the due date). There is a 15 day grace period on my loan when the mortgage holder cannot assess a late fee.

My neighbor says this is a law in our state - I'm not certain - but I am certain that I have a 15 day grace period after the due date. Even on my Bank of America statements it would show: $300 due on the 1st of the month, after the 15th, amount due is $315. Green Tree holds the payment until the 16th, then tries to assess a late fee. I even spoke to a rep at Green Tree who told me that Green Tree could assess a late fee on the 7th day.

I explained my contract to him and he said "Bank of America told us we can charge a late fee on the 7th day". I told him "I don't care what BoA TOLD you, I have the contract. Go ahead and assess a late fee on the 7th day - you will make my day - because I will then contact the Banking commissioner, the Dept of Consumer Protection and the State's Atty general." They ahven't charged a late fee yet.

I then starting sending the payments by certified mail, and they would post them within 2 to 3 days. I guess the way to go is certified mail and hold onto the USPS receipt.

So you may have sent your payment to them before the due date. They may have received it before the due date, but your are not credit for the payment until someone physically take your check and input it into the system.

so if they hold on or sit on your payment until after the due date then your payment is late? that what you are saying?????

When dealing with shady businesses, always use certified return receipt mail.

Is the IL address a physical address of po box, and if your contract says no late fee till the 15th, just to make sure check or request your payment history

View more comments (15)
Rochester, New York

Rude, Threatening and ***!

Green Tree Sucks! First Angelica threatens me and demands to know why I haven't called her back, and when I tell her you have to wait on hold for long periods of time for an agent she just keeps talking. She redfused to take my payment and when I finally got tired of being lectured and ask to speak to her supervisor she refused to give me his name or number and hung up on me. It took three calls to get her to connect me to his voice mail and suddenly she wants to set up my payments. Angelica is a lousy representative of Green Tree and I won't be lectured by someone who hangs up on a customer because she's losing the argument. Steer clear of this company if you can.

My name is Keisha, i been dealing with Green Tree over a year, just recently had a daughter that is disabled, I was late on my payment by 1 month, the representatives at green tree are very rude. They told me to put my baby in a home so i could work extra hours so i will be able to post my payment by the 16th of the month.

This was heartbroking for me.

This should not be happening to anyone, and we all need to come together and take steps against this company, and put them to stop. Email is :ramdaskeisha@***.com

Jacksonville, Arkansas

Green Tree Servicing, calling and harrassing my family and i.

I dont know who Will is but he is arogant, pushy, and rude. My husband and i have had our double wide since 1999. We try to make our payment on time but works been slow for us and i got a 3.00 an hour pay cut on top of not getting much work. Jobs are very slim where we live. But Mr. Will thinks we can **** money. We are paying, always do, just late. He calls over ten times a day to my cell. Leaves threatning messages. Calls my husbands cell and does the same. He has left me messages telling me that i shouldnt have a cell phone because i dont ever answer it and he knows i get my messages because my voice mail isnt full. But what really *** me off is that he called my family member and told him that we needed to call him because we were late on our payments. He calls them everyday too and he is disabled with a heart condition. There should be a law against this.
Washington, District Of Columbia

GreenTree mishandled our loan, terribly unprofessional/mobile home lender

After mismanaging our home loan GreenTree would not take responsibility. After we became very frustrated with them we were penalized for becoming angry. Now I'm trying, again, to make adjustments to our loan, but I can't get an intelligent or professional person on the other end of the phone. As a PhD I'm so angry that my loan was sold to such a trashy, no-count organization. Is there anyone to contact that can manage my account professionally? I need another lender! I can't get anyone on the phone that is able to direct me to a professional. I keep getting redirected to another person that is as bad as the first. Who hires for this company? I can't imagine anyone in my employ speaking like this to anyone, much less a customer. These guys/women are worse than used car salesmen.

i dont have a account with greentree and dont want one, but they have a mobile home on my property ive been after them since august 2011 to get this home removed. as of dec 26 its still there.

i have told them as of dec.25,2011 there would be a charge of $400.00 a month for this mobile home being on my property.

as you might know ive NOT recieved a check from them. looks like i'm going to have to go to court just to get this trashy trailer off my property.

I think we need to bring a lawsuit against them because something is really suspicious about these practices of high interest rates.

I agree completely. The representatives of this company are not only uneducated regarding lending practices, they are also rude, argumentative, threatening, intrusive, vulgar & very unprofessional. The more posts I read from others in our position, the more I believe a class action lawsuit is the only way to stop these predators!

Pensacola, Florida

GreenTree is a joke!

I have not received a statement from Greentree in over a year, I cant get anyone to tell me what my pay off is, or anything. I tried for a bill consolidation loan and GreenTree stop it, as soon as they found out about it, they jacked me pay off up to 2000 dollars over the amount I could borrow...I hate them, and the biggest thing is that I didn't even take out a loan with them. The company that I did take my original loan out with went bankrupt and GreenTree bought my loan I HATE THEM
#419953

Greentree Servicing is an evil company. Becoming unemployed and filing for a modification(2nd mortgage, 1st one was successfully modified) I was told I was not eligible since I make too much money.

I went over my bills showing them I owe more in a month then I take in. They said "auto payments" are not calculated in modifications. Being shocked from this I told them I NEED HELP! The response was "we need a full payment now".

I asked if I could give a partial payment and they said it would not help.

Granted, I do owe them money and am only 1 month behind...but how *** can they be? Not only are they ***, they are pure evil.

A new Green Tree customer, so far I feel like I'm in prison. $12 to make an online payment on time.

Almost no information published about them or their process when Bank of America sold my loan to them.

Website not set up by the time first payment is due. NO respect for customers paying thousands monthly.

#291981

This company is guilty of predatory lending. Any class action suits going on let me know.

Sikeston, Missouri
Greentree Servicing Loan

Very unpolite categorize me,acting like a debt collection agency

I had my loan transfer from another bank last month.I was bombarding since then with phone calls regarding my payment even I explained that I had a 2 weeks time period which was functioning as a grace period under my previous loan providers.After 6 days after my due date,but not considering the 2 weeks grace period I received a message from the debt collection department of the company.I found them very disrespectful,even they are just my mortgage providers not an collection agency they were acting like one I am contemplate the idea to try everything is possible to have another mortgage provider

got the same letter today. i'm a never late, never missed guy also.

i can hardly contain the expletives. since when does a mortage co. put that *** at the end of every paragraph!? after reading all the complaints, these guys aren't going to get a chance to f-me.

fboa. fgt.

employee cu here i come. good luck to all of us.

Bank of America just transferred our loan to Green Tree. We have never been late and even have been paying extra each month since we got the loan.

We received notice from Green Tree today. The bottom of the second page states: "This communication is from a debt collector. It is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose." Wow! Why us?

We have been excellent payers! Maybe because the value of our house has fallen since our loan? To us that doesn't affect our paying our loan. This is where we live.

Rent would not be cheaper. We are going to pay our debts and always have. It is insulting that Bank of America would give our acct. to a Debt Collector!

Didn't we bail our BOA with our tax money already? They would have defaulted on their loans but we saved them.

Now we get slapped in the face by them, but we have no bail out. We just both work and pay our taxes and our bills.

@PissedConsumer364325

This will be on your statement every month. I know it is on mine.

New York, New York

Threatening Letters and Phone Calls

The trailer my husband and I live in is financed through GreenTree. We started receiving so many phone calls from rude, pushy, threatening, and overall very unpleasant people,it got so bad that we had to change our phone numbers about 3 months ago. Granted, we are almost 1 month behind and close to making a full payment in the next week or so. Why is it then that we received a foreclosure notice in the mail dated 7 days ago. That would mean they mailed the notice 2 days before the 15 day grace period was up. All we owe these people is $495.00 and they want to foreclose? Not to mention the fact that the loan on the trailer is still in my husband's DECEASED MOTHER'S NAME. Instead of letting the trailer go we decided to just take over the payments. Our names aren't even on the loan, NO paperwork has ever been signed by either of us and they are VERY aware that she is no longer living. I know this has to be illegal. What should we do?

After years of GreenTree's abuse, both written and verbal, not excepting a late payment and eventually their filing for foreclosure, I began looking for any other GreenTree customer's who may have received this arrogant & insolent tone when communicating with this repulsive Company.

I spent all of last weekend and finally finished yesterday afternoon reading the multitude of complaint's!

Is there any possible way to get these dissatisfied GreenTree customer's to UNITE!

I am going to return to each site I visited the last week and attempt to convey this message in hopes that there are enough to possibly call attention to this Companies deceptive, devious and dishonest practices which obviously continue to this day!

I know that this Company has broken one of the many consumer protection laws here in California and I would like to compile a list of complaints as I am finally getting enough information to write the AG, the State of CA Insurance Commissioner and Housing Authority...I will listen to anyone who feels this Mortgage Company has, in any way violated their agreement with GreenTree, had neighbors & friends called, to strong-arm them or stalk these individuals with trickery and deciet to obtain their goal of having the customer finally call them to be ridiculed and browbeaten for a few dollars. One time, I had Steven call 14 times for $15.00!

When they call and become nasty tell them to hang on a second, get your recorder and inform them that the conversation is being recorded for better customer service.

that is why they are doing the foreclosuer is to resell the home and take it away from you i am sure it is close to being paid off this is the worst loan company anyone could possiably deal.

I can no longer afford my home, sr. citizen.

Have tried to work out several things with Greentree & no refinance because home is title. They won't let me do a quick sale or a deed in lieu of foreclosure, I owe 67K and now appraisal is at 31K I just want to get out from under this and they won't let me, they say they don't want my home, but obviously they do otherwise they would help me. They can't do anything because doublewide is titled.

I do have land with it but it doesn't matter. So I guess they will have to foreclose....They suck!!!!!

I only owe 325.00 and sent in 250.00 my payment is 225.00 they are setting on the check and have not cashed it yet. Now what????

You should refinance the collateral into your names. You may need an attorney to help sort out the deceased owners name but if you are credit worthy I am sure Greentree or another lender would do this for you. have you asked?

View more comments (5)
Little Rock, Arkansas

Greentree Servicing

According to my Vet attorney Greentree Serviing is the most crooket business. They do not have people skills when they call to leave a telephone voice msg. There is one particular person whom I would like to mention. Matt, Collections he calls everyday and sometimes twice a day. Claiming he is moving forward with action... In my opinion, I am not late because today is the 5/17/2011. I am due on 5/15/2011. But, my pay date is 5/30/2011. This is when i plan to make the payment. Furthermore, i have written a letter to Greentree for Matt harrasing phone calls about money. They are crooks! One reason i feel this way is back in January 30,2011 I called and Matt, answered the phone. I tried to explain that i did not have the funds as my paycheck was incorrect. What did he do he never told me and went after my bank account. Which put me in the negative status. After that my bank account was closed. Apparently, Matt from collections does not care how he treats customers. At the sametime he lies to you over the phone claiming this is the last time I will call U for a month. I am surprised this company can remain in business as croocked as they come... J Wood

We are not late on our morgage payment since we have from the 1st-15th to pay. I was informed by Matt or Matthew that it goes into collection on the 2nd of each month when we do not pay.

He was belligerent, rude and hostile and told me I could not pay in person at the GT location near by on the 15th!! Stop these people stop this company from treating us this way. This is wrong.

I will take action against them and so should you. File a complaint and keep a binder and record every time they call also if you can record their calls to you as they dump their hostility on you!

Greentree did a loan modification because I lost my job! They modified my loan alright - my loan was 165,000.00 and now I owe 198,000.00 the bill I get in the mail is for 889.00 a month but I am paying 1045.98 each month.

They said they gave me a 4% interest rate but I have never seen any paperwork on it.

I urge everyone on this page to call the FTC!!!! Tell them your story!!!

I Just obtained a lawyer to sue greentree. They are a bunch of crooks that pray on people with less than perfect credit.

The yell scream and harass people. They went into my account illegally. I pray someone close this company down.

Im in the Military and as long as i have influence on Soldiers I will make sure they will stay away from greentree. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE.

greentree is a rip off and someone should look into their unprofessional practice..These people are so rude and act really ghetto/trailer trash....they need to take a course on how to be professional...THESE PEOLE ARE A RIP OFF....I purchased a mobile home ten years ago and im still paying on the principle...They contacted my boss and told them i was late on my payment....THEY ARE A BUNCH OF *** HOLES.

sorry but they did the same to me,i were only 1 behind.yjey scam my bank account and left me negative,then sent writ possesion znd the law came and brought me papers tols us we had 7 days to get out of the home,well they call back and said they gave us til 23 of july to move,but we had to come up with 1800.00 dollars.706 for payments and august payment and they charge me 706 legal fees.but i kep askin for reciept,and they wont send it to mme.they got us good/someone plze help me omnm what else to do.its bot to drive my mom crazy we have health problems and we cant be upset due to heart problems.they dont care if u die.they is no help to noone.and on top of that my home was 31,000 and had 30 years on it,when i finish it will have cost me 109,000 thats a big rip off.they say they dont do home modification they is a lie,they do.but claim no single wide homes something need to be done with this compant some group of people wanted to burn it down in mn,they say in august they were going top bomb it up 100 people in mn post it, i hope like *** they do,blow the nast *** people that talk alot of *** to peole.my feelings been hurt so many times..this girl name shaquanna johnson.matt.frank. ammy all of them is so nasty..

i'm glad i'm saved i would drive to greens boro nc and show them how nasty i can get/ but we will let god handle them.she said her bills always on time u pay tom *** harry pay us. u gooona be outside in the moquistos..

thats real rude.wow..wqe need to form a union on them we need help desperate. i'm goingto write congressman i feel for everyone going through this too/blessings to u hope things work out for all of us..

View more comments (4)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Loss

Greentree is in violation of the homeowners protection act of 1998, collecting P.M.I. illeagaly,

I can help you get your PMI dropped. Once your loan balance reaches below 78% of the homes original appraised value at the time of purchase then your P.M.I. automatically shall terminate regardless of when it was scheduled to terminate and regardless of depreciation. Your homes ORIGINAL APPRAISED VALUE not it's value now. Save all documentation from greentree denying your requests to have it dropped, find your pmi disclosure page in your original loan docs.Write a letter to The branch of government in charge of enforcing the act. @ Director @ Office of congressional and public affairs @ Farm Credit Administration 1501 Farm Credit Drive Mc Clear, VA 22102-**** keep it short facts only include your name address and #, your loan #, the name and address of your lender, and the right that is violated (Homeowners protection act of 1998) include dates, letters of denial from your lender and copies of any supporting documentation. Then you pass this information to two more peaple on line who have complaints against any mortgage company or loan servicers regarding PMI. Thankyou Daysha
#492017

I've been doing battle with them, even though I've hit the 78% point. They never send me anything in writing and they told me five different lies this morning about why they aren't removing it and insisting I had to get an appraisal.

They also tried to tell me that since I paid it through escrow rather than directly, the law doesn't apply. I filed a complaint with my state Department of Financial Institutions.

COREA TRIAL GROUP, a Dallas, Texas based nation class action law firm, have been investigating claims against this company and would like to hear from you if you have experienced what you suspect is illegal activities. If so, you may be entitled to legal relief and/or the recovery of damages.  Feel free to email us at: Contact@***.com

tell me more please,very interested

Leslie, Michigan

Green Tree Harassment

This company is obnoxious. They are bound and determine to ruin ones credit. My payment of 256.20 is due on the 1st of each month on a secondary mortgage (somehow they have managed to become the "servicer). I normally do not send it until around the 10th. This is nothing new…. The loan has never had a late payment. The original owners of the loan, "Countrywide, then Bank of America", never harassed. Yet, this company will start to harass you almost immediately after the first. I sent the payment "certified mail" on the Ninth (so I can verified they got it, I do not trust them, because of a similar problem last month when they took over the loan). Just as I suspected they are starting to harass me on the 10th. At some point I'm going to call an attorney and sue them for unnecessary harassment. I told the person tonight not to call me until the payment is late… there is a 15 day grace period on the loan. I have the contract. (And yes, I understand the due date is the 1st, but my other primary mortgage company (Wells Fargo) seems to live it) I have filed complaints with the FTC, the California Attorney General and the Minnesota Attorney General about harassment. I suggest anyone having the same issues to do the same. As far as I'm concerned Green tree can "˜go to ***'. Now I'll be damned if I'll make the payment on the first. I can see how they managed to kill a person over harassment (goolge green tree lawsuits). PS. You can make an online payment for $12… the actual cost of an electronic transfer is a few pennies at the most. So, they pocket $11.99 for the simple transaction. And I will not set up and "auto payment" since I don't trust these people. Once they have your bank account number, there is nothing to stop them and from what I understand they will take the money not matter what and if you don't have it, you'll get an overdraft charge; and they try to collect every day until it clears. Hence, if you don't have the money in your account until (say) the sixth, that 5 days of overcharges.

Greentree has threatened to contact the police about auto-bill pay that was one day late.

Same here..I had been with countrywide and BOA for over ten years and NEVER received any calls other than to refinance. We have had Green Tree for 2 months and they call my home and work.

This is ridiculous. I stopped answering their calls also.

I totally agree. And, I’m not surprised to see that they do this to everyone.

They do the exact same thing to me. My mortgage was set up the way that yours was. Firs with Country Wide then it went to BOA and for whatever reason BAO gave my home equity mortgage to Greentree. Within the first couple of months a payment was eight days late (from the 1st) and they started calling.

I won’t even answer their calls anymore. When I have in the past and give them the date that I’ll make the payment they still call prior to that date so; what is the point.

You’re right they can go ‘go to ***’. :( :(

San Diego, California

Green Tree Servicing Bites!!!

Green Tree Servicing bought my loan this year. At the very same time, my father was hospitalized and three months later, he passed away. I was traveling back and forth between California and Portland. For three months, I made my payment to Green Tree, but they were late. I sent them an email from the website they provide to their customers, just to let them know what was happening. During that period of time, they actually contacted my neighbor to ask if my home was empty. They sent a UPS package to me the other day with some meaningless paperwork, and left a phone message with a former employer. When I finally got back to them, I found out that what they were trying to do is collect $0.12 because my payments were short, and they had refused to post my last payment because of the shortage. Yes. TWELVE CENTS. They also refused to post my payment during the phone call and wanted to know when I would be sending them the TWELVE CENTS. And pointed out that my contract provides no posting of partial payments. Under the circumstances, I think it would be great if Green Tree would have cut me some slack. But maybe I shouldn't have expectations that companies like Green Tree actually have some common sense or human component. I would never choose to do business with them. I will tell all of my friends about them, too. A stamp costs more than $.12. I hate them.

Same thing here. This company called me on the 3rd, after the payment was due on the 1st with a 15 day grace period.

Not even accounting for a delivery period of the payment. They are idiots and in my opinion bordering on harassment. If you are having the same problem with this company please make your complaint known.

A class action lawsuit could be started.

San Luis Obispo, California

GreenTree is incompetent

The second mortgage on our home has been sold three times to different banks. Never before have we had to fill out a new automatic deduction form. I received a letter saying GreenTree was now servicing our loan 15 days before the payment was due. 5 days after the payment was due we started receiving phone calls from debt collectors saying the payment was never received. When I spoke to a GreenTree rep they said they had mailed a packet that required us to re-fill out the auto payments. I had never received the packet, the rep then said it probably did not get to me yet. Think about it, they have debt collectors call me before they send me the packet to pay the loan. Kind of backwards if you ask me. Now they are charging $12 per month to automatically deduct the payments. They never let me know I would receive these fees. GreenTree sucks. Never use them. If I could do anything to get away from using them, I would. Unfortunately the financial system is foobar and I have no option.
Downers Grove, Illinois