Greentree Servicing - Mortgage Review from Kissimmee, Florida

They will "lose" your payments and insist that you missed them. They will place insurance when you already have it.

They will take money from your escrow account that they are not entitled to. Then, when you want them to stop the escrow account they will state they cannot because YOU owe money. From all of the reviews I am reading this is common practice, they have no compassion or concern for you. Their representatives seem to be trained to get more money or lie about missed payments.

It's the most unorganized, ridiculous company I've ever dealt with and I'm pretty old. Over a year dealing with these people, not one payment late and accused of owing $3500 in escrow when my taxes and insurance don't even cost $3500.

Contacted BBB, they responded about the wrong account (go figure) contacted Consumer Financial Protection they couldn't respond by deadline due to "reviewing" the case. Hopefully they are saving our stolen payments for a huge lawsuit.

Problems with payment
Review #767595 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer767595.

Greentree Servicing in Stokes County, North Carolina - A Lepoard cannot change its spots

Well I can see where ours is going. Where you are. We are fighting the escrow, insurance that they had increased "greatly" was totally fraud. I called my agent and she got THAT fixed. Property

taxes went down, so they have yet to explain why payments that have been increased 3x in last 6 months almost by $100. They claimed escrow - a lie.

And their most famous fraud: payments that are improperly posted to "unapplied funds", then Greentree-Ditech HOLDS those funds until they are past due. Account is actually current, but sitting in unapplied funds and we - the mortgage hostages do not know this. That is, until the Certified Letter of Notice of Default comes. Three months we have played this game - with my demanding the payment be posted correctly and do NOT charge me a late fee. The latest is that the account is current (after they were informed AGAIN

to post "unapplied funds" to our mortgage payment). However, between November and December the payments increased AGAIN - by $4. Okay, that makes two payments where I am a total of $8 owed technically to make it current. They state it is $29 I owe. I tell them to do the *** math and tell why the discrepancy! The CSR (a robot) repeatedly states $29. No doubt anything above the $8 are fees and this practice of ripping off for fees is so obvious and old. And I now know for a fact that when *I* send an electronic payment from my bank, it is posted the next day - in "unapplied funds." Like they refuse to honor it. Yet when you make the

payment on the phone (fee charged, of course) the payment is posted correctly. I refuse to pay the fee. As for the first bogus NOD demanding then $80 in late fees for funds in "unapplied", my husband, once in collections, got the representative to admit on the phone "it is all about generating revenue"! That is their job. Generating as much revenue as possible at any cost. That is their job. Period. Just debt collectors at their most ruthless.

There is no 'servicing' of any mortgage going on here. Like I said above, this game of applying Mtg. payments in the wrong account is so old. *** - I busted BOA on that scheme in 2009-2010! Have the old spreadsheets to prove it. And HOW did that turn out for them??

The account is current and correctly posted except for their $29 of which they will not tell me what that entails above and beyond the $8 I do owe because of another payment increase unknown to us. "You would not begin foreclosure for $8 would you?", I asked, now

livid. A Certified NOD for an incorrect amount of $29? Really? Yet we have it. And this game is repeated over and over. And they hound you and threaten mercilessly..

And his reply: "Legally they can begin foreclosure." To which I told him "you go on ahead and do what you have to do, and I'll go ahead and contact my State's AG, HUD, Social Media, and my state and federal representatives." End of conversation.

As a PS: Last night, they called at 8:53 p.m. Before she could get our address verified I told her the same I told the rude robot man last week this call constitutes continuous and COMPOUNDING harassment.

Unfortunately, like the gentleman above we cannot afford an attorney to help us sort this mess out. Medical bills have us financially devastated. We cannot sell the house - it is underwater. Any shortfall you know these wolves will hound you with a deficiency judgement.

I just want to get the word out that though the name may have changed (which they routinely do after the lose their class action lawsuits), the practices are the same and they seem to be escalating in ruthlessness.

BOA->Countrywide->Greentree->Ditech...a lepoard does not change its spots.

Kelso, Washington, United States #1086277

I may be able to help you! I am a homeowner going through the same thing contact me I will give you the information. I just cannot go into detail online due to my case status.

360-801-7763

@Julianna

Please contact me I may be able to help you

360-801-7763

@Anonymous

Thank you, i surely will!

View more comments
Stokes County, North Carolina
Harrassment, Threats
Reason of review
Repeated Fraud, harassment, misappropriation of funds, refusal to disperse legal settlement funds, harassing phone calls, threatening Notice of Default/Foreclosure at 15 days late, constant phone calls, did I mention fraud and lies?
Loss
Review #760124 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing in Florida - Phones terrorists

They are unbelievably rude and belittling. If a day late They called my cell, my work, at one point even my elderly mother who lives across the country (have no idea how they got her contact information) They talked about my kids, my wife, how I was not a man because I was late on a payment (typically only a couple of days) I could not believe that this could happen in America.

I figured that I would see them on the news after bullying the wrong person, they are really tough over the phone but if individuals (because it does become personal) keep up that way of treating people one day they might not have a phone to hide behind. It was relayed that they had every right to do or say whatever they wanted because they bought that right when they took over my mortgage. I offered up the house many times as I had been so beat down.

Now they have changed their name and I have a different "account manager". I'm sure some of you have experienced "Christy" from Greentree, my god help her soul.

It is sad that a corporation would train employees to be terrorists in this way.

I didn’t like
Company lies and threatings, Rude staff
Problems with payment
Review #759054 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer759054.

Greentree Servicing in Porter, Texas - Ditech-The Worse Customer Service Representatives_

Green Tree customer service are the worse. No respect, they scream to you, I requested to speak with the supervisor and the guy told me, I told you that I can't talk to you and won't give you any information and hang out the phone.

I called back and have the customer in the line with me, he said that we need to talk to Carlita that she is in charge of this account to 800-474-3918 Ext 62519 he said that he will transfer our call, wait like for 15 minutes or more and my customer told me that probably This John forgot about us. Called the number he gave me before and guess who answered?

The same guy and he said that we hang out the phone and scream to us.

He is horrible, not sure why he is a customer representative. Terrible customer service!!!!

Poor customer service
Review #752760 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer752760.
1.2

Greentree Servicing in Meeteetse, Wyoming - Mortgage fraud and foreclosure

my mortgage with Green Tree as the servicer got foreclosed on in Jan. at sheriff sale then I got a satisfaction of mortgage in April from Green Tree Servicing LLC before the redemption time was up.

Then in Oct. I received from Ditech Financial LLC that my terms of my Account Modification Agreement my interest rate is to change and my payments start on 10/01/2016 also received the same notice for my ex wife that had nothing to do with my mortgage loan I took it out to pay her off in the divorce. then on Nov. 29th I was served with NOTICE TO QUIT LEAVE AND VACATE then with a COMPLAINT FOR FORCIBLE ENTRY AND DETAINER from FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION then I went to court today 9th of Dec.

plaintiff appeared by phone I did not have a lawyer and I had all the paperwork and a witness but I lost in court. I have been protesting the foreclosure way before it went to sheriff sale because of misused escrow funds and harsh collection tactics missing payments over paid insurance modifications not recorded broken chain of title and fraudulent foreclosing methods.

my mortgage was assigned to MERS when I took it out in 2006 then assigned Green Tree Servicing LLC in 2011 as recorded to the county clerk but I made payments to Suntrust Mortgage then Littion loan Servicing that were not recorded also my satisfaction of mortgage is signed by someone that works for Green Tree Servicing LLC by as assistant secretary for MERS the same on assignment of mortgage to Green Tree Servicing. I'm still in my house but if I can't get it stopped FORCIBLE ENTRY AND DETAINER will be in three business days

Meeteetse, Wyoming
I didn’t like
Lack of customer service, Unethical, Unfair business practices, Nearly impossible to call
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #751987 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer751987.

Greentree Servicing - Loan Review from Elmhurst, Illinois

No it hasnt been resolved, no one will take my phone calls, no letters, no statements. Since i complained to the BBB, they said they have nothing to say to me.

All i want is the "maintenance" report they did a second time. Against my better judgement i sent a payment so we dont get behind due to the game playing.They keep saying its from the 2013 mix up, that was resolved July 2015. NO...seperate issue same mix up. I dont even know where and if all monies have been placed in proper amounts.

Cooperate balance, deferred balance, interest, escrow?! They have raised my payment 3 xs in a year, escrow raised by 300.00, property taxes nor insurance have gone up but by a few dollars. Texas office has 1 statement with $ amount, SD office another with a 30,000 $ differance from Texas.This is why we deserve a maintenance report. No one in that company is on the same page!

It is so scary they can go into my account and adjust monies that was all their fault to begin with, 90 days after being fixed the nightmare returned.

I have never been late or missed a payment until this arose again , same as first time. Who in their right mind would send $ to a company who has so many discrepencies with my home and its overall balance?

Poor customer service
Review #745617 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer745617.

Greentree Servicing in Queen Creek, Arizona - Late fees

We paid our bills a few days after the due date of the grace period sometimes due to our paychecks. They harassed us the next day including calling my husband at work and leaving numerous messages on our phones..

one day within a minute of each other on our cell phones after they spoke to my husband they called mine. In addition which makes me even madder, they assessed late fees on top of late fees, and the late fee was never applied.

They said it went to the principal instead of the late fee? How is that possible, I think I may ask for proof.

Problems with payment
Review #733726 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer733726.

Greentree Servicing in Culbertson, Montana Province - Missing documents false signing

Greentree is the worst company in the U.S

They steal ,they bully ,and they lie .

I have been charged numerous times for late pay and for insurance when ive never not had insurance thru my own polices .They would repetidly demand proof of insurance when we faxed them the proof they would continue to demand it until they forced placed insurance on me .I have gotten threating letters from this company .I cant believe they are changing their name again .

This company is now called Ditech .same old same old just a diffrent name .If Greentree was fined by the fdc then what do the people get from it ?I dont believe they will have any conciquinces to their actions ,all they had to do was change there name ,they are still rude ,nasty ,unhelpfull scimming liers.

Culbertson, Montana Province, Bulgaria #1077108

no my issues with ditech [greentree] are no resolved .theses people need to be shut down and sent to prison .if the common person did what they do to others we would be sitting in a prison .so with that said ...why are they still allowed to proceed with this bogus company?????

army_mother
Culbertson, Montana Province
Are frauds
they were sued for 63,milliion
Review #732523 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing Loan Modification Review from Elmhurst, Illinois

I had a modofication done Jan.2014 with Bank of America sold to Greentree Servicing. For the last 3 years i fought with misappropriation of funds of 71,000 for principal & 27,000 in Escrow.

1110 days past due, threat of forclosure, keep in mind we have never been late. Finally after 2 years of pure h***l and alot of leg work., in July 2015 it was put right. Now once again less than 90 days later, everything that was put right was back to square one. Served papers with threat of forclosure,71,000 past due, 27,000 escrow, by 1110 days!

After 6-7 phone calls to the right person, they will do "maintenance" and get back to me.Maintenance is the word they use. Beyond frustrated, stress out of control.

jodykragel
Problems with payment
Review #727089 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Greentree Servicing in Chicago, Illinois - Misappropriated funds

modification 2013 funds never applied foreclosure letters,loss litigation,showing 1110 days past due and $71,000,none of it true. it took till july 2015 to get paperwork in order and convince them it wasn't me it was their company.

raised payment a huge amount, they put escrow in negative balance of 27,000. saying taxes went up, insurance,none true. finally July 2015 after going to a financial analyst things back in order,2 years of stress,crying,fighting so hard. then October 16th 2015, it all started over again,$71,000 past due,escrow past due,cooperate balance sky high, deferred balance outrageous!

Overtime this happens they say its maintenance on the account. I have every piece of paper,dates,ask them to record our conversation, print out of every transaction and reversals they have done and it still does not add up. tony said give her until November to get everyone on the same page. No one with that company is on the same page!

I went to a REAL ESTATE attorney consultation, with all of my paperwork I would have to mortgage again to pay a lawyer so this long hard road and a lot of our money being used by a cooperation that seems untouchable. I told my husband I can't do this 90 days later again,but...then again I can't let them get over on us.

jodykragel
Tags
  • gren tree servicing
I didn’t like
Did not take responsibility for their neglagence, How they cant help, Are frauds, Unethical
Preferred solution
for time for 2 years, at least no payment till Jan.put them to the end. and my payment back to the 1916.a month their logic on that didn't work
Review #724557 is a subjective opinion of poster.