Greentree Servicing Reviews

Show reviews that mention
green tree payment tree mortgage loan payments phone account bank customer service
Filter review

Green Tree Won!

Congratulations! Green Tree!!! You have won for Worst Mortgage Company in the World! Most harassing phone calls for no reason! Worst billing system! You also won for worst bill design! once again Congratulations, GreenTree! You Are the worst!!! Congratulations! Green Tree!!! You have won for Worst Mortgage Company in the World! Most harassing phone calls for no reason! Worst billing system! You also won for worst bill design! once again Congratulations, GreenTree! You Are the worst!!! Congratulations! Green Tree!!! You have won for Worst Mortgage Company in the World! Most harassing phone calls for no reason! Worst billing system! You also won for worst bill design! once again Congratulations, GreenTree! You Are the worst!!!
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Nightmare company

My loan was part of the Bank of America transfer earlier this year and that's when the nightmare began. While I have paid what has been expected or what I understand is expected, I can't get a straight answer on what they say I owe, the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, collections agents claim to not have access to current financial information and the complaints go on and on. These people are incompetent, uninformed and impossible to deal with. Apparently they have decided to attach escrow to my account, though I've never had escrow associated with my account and are insisting that I pay a full year's escrow in in just 3 months. But I'm not sure that's true because I can't get a straight or consistent answer. And sadly, not a one of them cares. This company's practices need legal scrutiny and class action. They are unscrupulous and unprofessional. I shudder to think how many people without the means or resources to deal with this unethical company are being denied their rights as homeowners and losing their homes because of disinformation and manipulation of accounting practices. These people need to be stopped!

I almost lost my home but still fighting it tooth and nails and trying to refinace with my local bank. they forced me to carry thier insurance cause mine wasn't covering what was owed on the home.

come to find out about 10 years later after my house fire that wasn't a total loss that this insurance company isn't covering what owed on the home( double wide).. I'm being forced to pay higher rates that don't cover nothing in the home and charged interest on to of it all. Greentree won't let that insurance company bill me but the reason why is they can have controll of any insurance claims checks. Twice I had to fight to get my money out of greentree to get my repairs done.

I never had no problem with the insurance company. they were nice and fair.. I paid $37,000 for the home and on a 30 year loan. 15 years later I still owe almost $32,000.

.. since I'm refincing I see that greentree is charging me $8.19 per day. yes and it don't sound right. My bill is current and is due the 15Th of this month and today is the 3Rd.

my $31,991.51 payoff ammount keep increasing $8.19 each day. I'll never get this 30 year loan paid off if I stick with them... they to are rude, call several time a day, call my neighbor that no idea how they got the info, alot of other complaint is what I had to deal with. I put my foot down one day and told them if I can't recieve my money to do the repair on my home to get back in living condition then I am stop making payment.

after 3 month they try forclosing on me. I told there lawyer we was in the middle of refinacing when this accident happen and I can't do nothing until the home gets repaired and I need that money from my insurance claim. that was the only way i got my money. greentree was wanting me to pay out of my own pocket, show picture, reciets, ect before they would release any funds to me.

thats not right.. they are frauds.

wish I could find a money hungry lawyer not affraid to take this case.. I like to shut greentree down for good

Beaverton, Oregon

COMPLAINT

GREENTREE IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SORRY 1 MONTH BEHIND!!! I ALWAYS CATCH UP! I HAVE TOLD YOU THAT OVER AND OVER! YOU CALL 3/4 TIMES A DAY! ANNOY THE *** OUT OF ME ! YOUR "REPS" ARE RUDE AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE! NOT ONLY WITH US CUSTOMERS, BUT WITH EACH OTHER! YOU SAY YOU WILL MAKE NOTE IN FILE YET YOU STILL CALL EVERYDAY NIGHT AND DAY!!! I SO HOPE NO ONE ENDS UP IN A BAD WAY BECAUSE YOUR COMPANY IS SO BOTHERSOME!!! I REALLY HOPE ALL WILL AVOID THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE #@%&!!!!

yes they do. even if you tell them the check in the mail they still keep calling.

sometime they ask for a check by phone even if you tell them the check in the mail.

all they want to do is charge ya another $15.00 fee. they don't communicate well I agree with you thier

Sign this petition about Green Tree Servicing and spread the word. http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/investigate-the-billing

*** you

Los Angeles, California

Insurance Coverage-

Green Tree sent a request to verify insurance for a condo that I own. I immediately responded by fax and included a coy of their letter along with the condo insurance and a copy of an additional policy that I have to include the interior of the condo. Green Tree responded and stated there was an issue with the name on the policy. I've owned this property for 7 years and since purchasing the property, I've had a name change. In the past, Green Tree has never had an issue. However, this year they sent a letter stating they needed the policy rewritten with my old name or I needed to update my loan information and provide documentation of my name change. I contacted my insurance agent, and did exactly what Green Tree requested, and had the name on my policy changed to match the name on the loan. I just received two more letters from Green Tree stating the policy that I sent with the correct name was not the insurance policy they were looking for, and they are threatening to purchase insurance at my expense. I contacted Green Tree to inquire about the initial fax that I sent, because that contained the policy they were looking for. Green Tree claims I either never sent it or I did not put the account number on the fax. I have a confirmation fax with a copy of their letter they sent me along with the insurance policy and account number. I'm not sure what they did with the original fax, but this issue still has not been resolved. I am beyond frustrated with their incompetency and customer service. I am in the process of filing a Better Business Bureau complaint as well since I feel they are harassing and threatening me with purchasing an additional insurance policy at my expense. I've spent way too much time dealing with their inability to track and maintain records.

don't let them cause it will cause you more problems in the long run. they will charge you interest, higher insurance cost that don't cover much and if you have to file a claim, good luck getting the money back from greentree to do the repair.

I delt with that twice.

I was also forced to take thier insurace company that still don't cover what is owed on the loan. greentree sucks

#719674

Don't waste your time with the BBB they have over 850 complaints from customers of Green Tree and they have the company rated with a B. I do not believe in the BBB after see that.

I've been dealing with a similar situation since April!!! First they didn't have my policy, then they needed the proof that I had the policy in place when they took over the loan in March (my policy renews in April), so that was sent to them.

Then they didn't have the master policy from the HOA. That was sent and now I received another letter that I'm going to be getting forced insurance because the HOA policy is expiring on Oct 23 and they haven't rec'd a new one (that's six weeks away)!! Each time I talk to them, it's some other excuse and the insurance premium hops on and off my mortgage statement like crazy!! One month it's there and then it's gone and then back again.

I've owned this condo for ten years and have never spent so much time dealing with a mortgage co.

Poway, California

THE MOST INEFFICENT,ILL MANNERED,*** PEOPLE

This 20 year old company stinks! How they have stayed in business more than 10min is beyond my comprehension! RUDE and *** and ILL-MANNERED are some of the kindest adjectives I can think to call their costumer service department. L***A has to be the worst, followed by K****Y from collection and L***S the stupidvisor. I thank GOD above I just made my last and final payment to them...now lets see how long it takes for them to send me my deed. They *** up paper work, automatic bill pay and final payoffs, and YELL at and HANG-UP on the paying customer. I have so much more to add, but my thoughts wouldn't be allowed to be printed. CANNOT WAIT TO BE RID OF THEM.

I completely agree. They are rude, defensive, and quick to blame an error on the customer.

They also call late at night, have very long hold times and transfer you to different reps whom you have to re-explain your information to. Very negligent and inconsistent in what they tell you as well.

BOA was better to deal with, but transferred my loan right out from under me. I cringe when Green Tree calls!

They are 10 times worse than BOA and I thought they were bad. There people can not even talk so you can understand them.

They mumble and have no communicatios skills.

Then you ask for a supervisor and they yell at you!.They call 5 times a day and if you listen to all the messages you still can not understand what they want.....Yes you Tina....They can not understand you are done with them......And our goverment works with these banks ...amazing. :?

View more comments (1)
Easton, Pennsylvania

Green Tree is the worse in harrassing people-got 5 calls in two days from them; didn't answer

I, like a lot of people here, got their B of A loan sold this past spring to these jerks. I've owned 3 houses in 15 years and only was late twice during that stretch. This month's (August of 2013) is going out on Monday since I'm short on cash this month. I initially received a harassing phone call on Tuesday the 6th from a collector at Green Tree, whose first words were "do you intend to keep this property?", which of course I said yes. Then he kept on saying 'your late here after the 5th day, can I make arrangements for you to pay?" I told him I would be mailing the payment on the 12th and he responded "I can set up a payment to withdraw on the 15th for you but you will have to pay a servicing fee of $12). At this point, I told him "no" I will mail the payment and he proceeded to say "what, do you want a NSF charge of $34 by doing that?". I ended the conversation and hung up. Since then, I've counted 5 phone calls from Green Tree in AZ (guess that's where their call center is" and didn't bother to answer one. I just contacted their corporate office in St. Paul, MN and asked to speak to Keith Anderson's, their President, Executive Assistant and was routed by the operator to some supervisor who would only give me his first name and ID number. I told him to stop harassing me. as no bank I've owned a mortgage with in 15 years called me after a few days of being late, let alone 5 times: not even Bank of America! He told me I can write a letter asking me to send a letter to stop calling me to some PO Box (6172) in Rapid City,SD. I told I was going to send a certified letter and need a physical address and he refused. I then said I was going to send a letter to corporate to Keith Anderson's attention, referencing all these hundred's of posts on the internet on how bad customer service they are.

I am a Collections Rep. You continue to get phone calls because you are not answering.

You are getting the calls because you hung up on the representative that you spoke to. You have to answer the phone and complete the conversation with the representative. We will call back if you hang up on us and it is not harassment. If you bring you loan current and keep it current you would not be called at all!!

This should go without saying. Yf you feel that the rep is being rude, simple ask for a supervisor but do not ignore the calls and by all means, bring your loan current and continue to pay on time.

Your being asked for your intentions to keep the property due to YOU filing bankruptcy in the past! Can't fault them for your mistakes. :grin

They may foreclose now. They did to me. I only missed two payments.

Atlanta, Georgia

Green Tree is not a good company for Mortgages

Green Tree has listed my loan as a charge off when I was not even late with the payment. Screwed up my credit up with that charge off and won't negotiate in good faith. Sent in financial and they never got back to me. They should never be in business in dealing with consumer loans. People are rude and do not return your calls in a timely manner. I need an Attorney to sue the heck out of them for messing up my credit and listing my loan as a charge off when it really was not.I will never get a 2nd TD with them.
Los Angeles, California

Nicecupoftea

Greentree wow what a company rude calls in the middle of the night added more to my Escrow even though INS went down. Do not listen to anything you have to say just calls after calls even though I am never late with payments. How do they get away with it? We had our account with GMAC who went bankrupt this year it took Greentree 5 months to give us an account number we had a check ready for them when I called to ask for account number they told me that when I got it any late charges would need to be paid first. Late charges ! just give me an account number
Miami, Florida

Green tree is the worst

I received a letter stating all of my payments had not been applied correctly by green tree. The payments are more than the amount due and are on time by 2 months ahead, I was ahead by 8 months but green tree will not allow that..I called to inquire and schaunte was a witch and told me she could care less if I call and complain. I think some one needs a career change!!!!! I cannot have any information unless I state my name, phone number, account number, date of birth, address and the last 4 of my social security number ON A RECORDED LINE. With fraud ramped I am opposed to this interogation. MY mtg was sold to them and it has been a nightmare since April 2013. My so called case manager, derwoood, his mail box is "FULL"; most likely pissed off people, such as myself!
Indianapolis, Indiana

GREEN TREE IS A SCAM MORTGAGE COMPANY

In February BOA sold their mortgage to Greentree. The nightmares began. We faxed over 26 times our flood insurance and now they are charging us $220.00 because they say we never received a copy. Then we get another letter about our Flood insurance and our Property Manager faxed over the same policy. This has been going on since 4/15/13! We always make out payments on time, we send them out on the 9th of the month and they go into a lock box which they open on the 8th, and if your payment is not their, you're considered late! They do not take into effect the 15 day grace period. We get at least one or two calls EVERY DAY from these people harassing us that we are late. Then they open the lock box up again on the 17th and process the checks and charge me a late fee, even though I was on time and within the grace period. They call here everyday, harassing us, nasty remarks, more letters everyday. Then we called the Corporate office and talked to an Albert and he admitted they had a problem with their fax machine! This has been going on since BOA sold to Greentree. We have know way of knowing when our payment gets processed. Our credit rating which was excellent is now ruined because of this I can't even call it a company. I don't know what it is. Please if you refi, do NOT use GREEN TREE. They are the worst people I have ever dealt with in our lives. They even threatened us that they were going to foreclose on our home.
Brandon, Florida
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

WORST CUST SVC EVER!!!!!

I paid TWO months ahead on my loan... TWO MONTHS!!! I called to check on payments and of course they were input incorrectly. MISTY is the nastiest supervisor and needs to be re-trained. She told me it was MY FAULT they still took money from my account because I didn't ask them not to. How on earth is it my job to tell them how to do theirs.... Misty said the rep probably didnt notice the auto pay feature that was coming due. THATS THEIR JOB!!!!!!! That was the entire purpose of my phone call--- to make sure, BEFORE the payment was even due, to make sure they applied everything properly, so I wouldn't have problems when the 1st of the month came. I was "disconnected" three times, and called back. THE ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!!! I have called previously and the representative was incredibly rude!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD CHOOSE THE COMPANY AS A LENDER!!!! My loan was sold to this bunch of hooligans who have no idea what they are doing.....

Do what I did, refinance with another company as soon as you can,,

Las Vegas, Nevada

Falsly raised Escrow amount

They tried to raise my escrow amount, But I am not buying it. I received a harassing phone call from a VERY rude representative of Green Tree, and because of that I will be paying my loan off at least 5 years only. Also since they put me in this I will NEVER do business, personal banking or otherwise with Bank of America. NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.NEVER.

GT also did this to me also.

First off, GT picked up my mortgage on Feb. 1st 2013 from GMAC. Apparently my mortgage was part of the sell or spin off of GMAC's bankruptcy. The concern I had here was I was not notified (as per state law) of the change of "holder" for my mortgage.

Second thing I found out, mind you I only realized this was because I was diligently paying attention to my mail, that the change of servicer had occurred.

So I immediately (1st week of Feb.) contact GT to figure out what to do and to handle the mortgage payment that I had sent to GMAC for Feb 1st billing. Trying to be proactive. Found out my account number and what not, set them up for my bill pay.

Then by second week of February I get notifications of change of mortgage servicer and another one saying my homeowners insurance had been cancelled.

So I contact GMAC HO policy holder and GT to see why. Again, by state law, I was not notified in a reasonable time to preempt a cancellation of my HO insurance policy.

So I am told GT has an insurance dept and I opted to have them quote me a policy. First off the quote was presented as enough to rebuild my home, that is replacement value. The premium for this would have nearly tripled my previous HO premium. I was able to negotiate a lesser amount near the actual valuation of my home and decided to use GT Insurance Agency to provide the HOI. I also thought I elected to have my premium paid in a one lump payment from escrow annually.

The third week I get an escrow analysis and a escrow refund of around $800. As I was reading the analysis I realized they not only refunded the $800 or so, but then turned around and increased my escrow monthly amount by around $60. The analysis had the new policy listed in it as "anticipated." So they knew that the new HOI policy was there and how much it would cost annually. At this point I'm confused as to why they had to refund me what was about $67/mo. ($800/12), then turn around and INCREASE my escrow by $60/mo. Why would they send me refund for roughly the same amount of increase?

I called and complained. No one at GT understood my reasoning that the refund was unnecessary for the current year. Tried to resolve this with a couple of calls that only left me frustrated.

So now through the escrow analysis GT has reduced the available funds in my escrow account by the $800 to cover the "refund." Going into February I had more than enough in my escrow account to cover the annual insurance premium. Now, after the refund, it might not be enough. What happens? The insurance premium is not paid as a one time annual lump payment as I had instructed them to do and, from what I understand that the premium will be taken out monthly. BTW, from what I gathered, this monthly payment method adds a little fee for monthly servicing of the payment.

So I relinquish myself to accepting what has transpired, BUT when the May GT mortgage statment arrives I find out that now I am now being billed about $200/mo for HOI on top of paying the $60/mo. increase in escrow amount on the mortgage.

I have a call in to hopefully resolve this, but I really do not understand the logic behind the escrow analysis and the resulting refund-increase and then double billing for HOI. The only possible reasons that I can think of would be to:

1) Set me up to stumble on payments and forclose on me.

2) Earn additional income with "slight of hand" in the insurance division.

3) They are idiots.

Boulder, Colorado

Escrow Fraud

I had a mortagage with Bank of America and they sold it to Green Tree, I have always made my payments on time and have always paid the esrow amount with the payment. Since Green Tree has taken over my payments jumped from $726 a month to $923 a month and according to them due to the escrow shortage. I had my loan with Bank of American since 2007 and the most my escrow shortage was adjusted was $50 a month. I have contacted Green Tree on several occassions to inquire about the increase int he escrow an no one can give me a good answer. I have worked in mortgage industry for over 20 years and I understand how the things work. Everytime I question what they are doing they hang up on me or threaten to put me in default if I don't make the full payments. This is totally unacceptable and something needs to be done. I have a friend that works for Green Tree and they have informed me that they are doing this to a lot of the new consumers that came over from Bank Of American and have had constant complaints concerning this. I believe the Attonerny General needs to open up a review board to investigat this. All I want to is pay my mortgage without feeling threatened.

THis is happening to me right now

ID

Green Tree sold property for more then owed and has ruined my credit

First Greentree sold my property for more then loan amount I hired an attorney to work with returning the home and dealing with all Green Tree matters. As i had previously been harassed and was fully aware of the GTF practices. Today Green Tree has ruined my credit claiming a loan default for over $13,000 (High Balance) 2006. Yet the amount owed was much less then this as I paid on the home for many years. My attorney made multiple calls, sent certified letters and Green Tree has failed to provide any selling documents or even address my attorney at all. This happened in 2006. I have requested proof of this debt, property sale documents and they fail to address any questions or send anything to me or my attorney. They sent this account to a collections and they are worthless have no information. Today my credit is ruined because of this. I need did the right thing had an attorney to represent me to uphold the law and GTF does nothing to obey the law. They think they are the law and ruin peoples lives. Current status is "Debt Charged Off!" have the same harassment, cursing, lying experiences as many others.
Algonac, Michigan

Annoyed

I was encouraged by two reps at Green Tree to apply for loan modification due to my tight financial situation. The one rep went through with me my budget on the phone and said I'd probably be eligible. I sent all the paperwork to them and then received a letter to call either one of two persons listed. I left various messages but never got a return call. I finally called customer service again and got a Mr. French who was very unprofessional. He refused to discuss the details and just informed me that they turned me down. He did not want to say why or discuss the matter. I told him that it seemed Green Tree wanted the house and not my payment if they were unwilling to even tell why I was turned down. He told me he was not going to argue with me and totally shut down any possibility of a civil conversation. I told him I did not want them calling me (they call if there's no payment even BEFORE the 15th of the month which is the grace period. He said that was not my decision and they would continue to call me. Very unprofessional and unwilling to work with me or even inform me of why I was turned down.

Most mortgage borrowers who have experienced economic hardship in the past several years, or who for any reason have gotten behind on their mortgage or are under water on their mortgage, are looking desperately for a mortgage 'modification'". This is usually an extremely difficult road, and unfortunately, due to the many people in need of a modification, it has become a road loaded with scams and obstacles:. The Obama Administration created something called HAMP (Home Affordable Modification Program) that has a generally terrible track record;. People try over and over to get into it, and despite all their efforts, their mortgage servicer loses their papers, the documentation gets stale, and it is often an endless, frustrating road to nowhere?. And, while they are trying to find a solution, the mortgage company is trying to foreclose on them and take their home away.

In this generally miserable and discouraging landscape, there is now a ray of a mortgage modification program that actually solves the problem ! If the borrower qualifies,!;. Your mortgage company will actually agree to REDUCE THE PRINCIPAL BALANCE TO CURRENT MARKET VALUE and restructure the payments, based on the reduced amount'". As long as the borrower makes the payments on time for three years, the reduction is permanent;. The only additional detail is that if the property is sold in the future, and if the home value has increased after the loan modification, the borrower agrees to share that increase with the loan owner, with the borrower retaining the vast bulk of the benefit..

As I have been working with many mortgage companies closely since past 7 years, so I know the tricks of the trade to get this modification for you, Contact me on mortgageassistance4u@***.com.If I am unable to get you an approval for a loan modification you don't pay my fee, fee is quite reasonable amount and you pay ONLY after approval, already helped 1000's of people, reference available on request,if you are delinquent on your mortgage or if you feel your interest and monthly payments are too high and you can't afford it anymore and need principal and interest reduction on your mortgage you can email me with a number to call you.

So,if you are hoping for a loan modification and would like my help, please let me know.A loan modification can be a great way to save your house, A mortgage company offers only two chances for a Loan modification under HAMP(Obama) modification and its not easy to get without professional help as it offers a great discount on your loan, so if you have already exhausted one chance do not let the second one go and if you have not tried it at all please contact me as I guarantee you for an approval.