Owe less than 800.00 on loan/Threatening foreclosure

I got a letter saying that if we don't pay our loan in full by Jan.1st they will foreclose on our home. I called the rude GT person and they lectured me on the way I spend my money. I've not been more than 12 days late on a payment the entire year and have been laid off four 5 months. It's Christmas time and she says I should go borrow the money from family or friends so I can keep my home. I hate greentree. I get calls at home, on my cell at all times of the day and night. If I had the money I would pay them off and never look back. I am so upset. I don't know what to do.

"Anonymous from Los Angeles", it's funny that your IP isn't in Los Angeles. As a Green Tree employee, you should learn to curb your nasty comments and taunts. Or perhaps that's how they train you nowadays. I hope this situation never happens to your own mother, friend, or close relative. Then again, "Anonymous from Los Angeles", you may not have any friends because of your limited choice of vocabulary, and obviously your fake location stats.

As far as the person being threatened over $800.00, please stop taking their calls. Request any further communication to be in writing as your rights have been violated per the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Seek advice from a lawyer in your area affiliated with the National Association of Consumer Advocates.

Please don't give up. You're not alone. Reference this site for the current lawsuit against Green Tree: theleonardlawoffice DOT com /2013/04/03/complaints-about-green-tree-servicing/

Please don't give up. You're not alone. Reference this site for the current lawsuit against Green Tree: http://theleonardlawoffice.com/2013/04/03/complaints-about-green-tree-servicing/

Shut up, Anonymous from Los Angeles. Get a life......

What should you do? You should pay your bills on time.

Greentree Servicing Loan

Lost Deed

I saw a foreclosed house for sale, which sort of small, but nice. It turned out it was owned by Green Tree Services. No big deal it seemed. I had heard that Green Tree had some customer service problems, but so what if I'm just buying a house from them? I'll finance it through my credit union anyway. So what's the matter that they're selling the property? Well, it hasn't been so good. Firstly, the realtor representing them continued to insist that there were 2 other offers on the table, each cash offers. And that the only way my offer would even be considered by them was if it were a cash offer as well. This made little sense to me, since my loan would be through my credit union, they would be getting the same large check written to them whether from me or my credit union. Anyway, it's probably a little bit my fault, because the house seemed like a really good deal, I was pretty sure I could rent it out for about what my mortgage payment would otherwise be. And I had the cash, in this case just shy of $140,000. So I paid cash, and everything seemed like it was going how I thought it's supposed to. Although everything seemed to take so long. Well it turned out they didn't actually have the deed to sell the house. That is just dumb. Why even put it on the MLS? So release escrow and give me my money back. That should be simple. but it's been four months now. Now in fairness, my realtor got a letter from their guys saying this issue will be resolved in a few weeks. I won't get the house, but I'll get my money back. But 4+ months! How can my funds be tied up in escrow that long? I wish I had them in hand. I would have had them invested in the market, or if I saw another property I liked better I could have invested in that instead. How can this happen?

Did you not have title insurance? Not sure where you're from but in TX, buyer gets title insurance, title company checks the title, they record and return the deed to buyer within a few weeks. Green tree wouldn't be the ones sending deed in TX.

They shouldn't be. Your money is being added to the coffers to show a positive increase in earnings for the quarter.

The current CEO, along with upper management, have been working hard to falsify certain data. Show a profit, keep the shareholders happy. So what if they destroy the lives of countless American citizens, and violate certain laws meant to protect every citizen?

Keep on top of it and make sure you get every cent back.

They'll try and find a way to weasel out of refunding you the entire amount. Good luck.

View more comments (1)

Constant phone calls

I am a transferred from BOA account. EVERY MONTH Greentree calls me at work and on my cell about my payment. At least two or three times during the conversation they ask me if i intend to keep the property. I tell them that my payment had been mailed at least 7-8 days prior and they tell me they will mark the account as payment mailed and again ask me if I am keeping the property. Everytime I get off the phone with them I check my back account online only to find the check cleared my account one or two days before. What is wrong with this people. This has been going on for 8 months now!

They recently started to call me prior to my payment being due to see if they could do something to get payment. I stated I have paid it for seven years on the 15th, never missed, why are they changing what BOA and Countrywide did before them.

They admit it isn't late, but say they will continue to call. Just going to block their calls.

I have spotless credit and never, EVER missed a payment. Will refinance with a bank that doesn't turn loans over.

Remember, only WRITTEN communications regarding real estate are valid. Block their calls or tell them that you will only respond to writing.

View more comments (1)
Marmora, New Jersey

Lost or Never Received Statement

This is the fourth mortgage company I have had, now on my third house. And this company stinks their customer service department act like they are dealing with bums if you forget your payment one time. Do not do business with this company. My mortgage was sold to this company at it has been a terrible experience. Even during the transition period the employees were snotty, if that is a word. Now I need to come up with 100 words. Do not do business with this company. Change your mortgage company if you can. Terrible. Shame on their managemnt.

Did not receive bill.

I am a relatively new customer (11 months) of Green Tree. I did not receive a bill for my November payment, didn't pay that until I got my December bill, and have been charged a late fee.

I spoke to someone at the company to request that the charge be taken off. They looked at my file and said that based on my good payment record, they knew “no reason why they wouldn’t” grant my request. That person called back to say they would not take the charge off.

I think I know why. Some "mortgage servicing" companies have been known to pump up their bottom line at year end by causing nonpayment this way and charging late fees. In some instances, they chose to prey on newer customers.

I wonder if others have experienced this problem this year with Green Tree.

@PissedConsumer759323

I've had the same issue. I've had them for less than a year. I always pay my bills 10 days BEFORE the 1st of the next month, way in advance. They suddenly "did not receive payment" of my last check for the month of November. Now they want me to pay the late fee and both November and December at once.

I just saw this post on another thread about Green Tree, hope it helps. Good luck everyone !

"Reference this site for the current lawsuit against Green Tree: theleonardlawoffice (DOT) com /2013/04/03/complaints-about-green-tree-servicing/

You'll find some advice as to where you can file complaints. Again, do NOT take their calls. They're paid to harass and distress you. They're paid to lie and make up threats in order to bully you into paying more money."

I agree...AWFUL COMPANY!

View more comments (2)
Sadsburyville, Pennsylvania
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Worst Mortgage Company ever. Rape the Elderly.

My father bought this property in 1995 for 35,000 and now in 2013 he still owes 30,000. They have harassed him on a daily basis even though they have received 4 x what he bought it for. I don't know how they can sleep at night for taking advantage of two elderly people. My dad is fighting for his life with cancer and my mom has alzheimer's and needs a liver transplant and Greentree doesn't care and won't even try and help us. They don't care they treat everyone like the *** bags. I hope one day they will feel a similar situation and somebody slams the door in their face. So upset.
Loss

Insurance claims

my nightmere began when a neighbor that i barley even knew passed away left his home and property to me in his will. i was told that the property was paid for so i moved in...there was a broken water main that had been running full force for who knows how long and as a result caused some serious damage. i had found some home owners insurance papers in the home and it was confirmed that the previous owner paid the insurance up to two years so i filed a claim. a few months later i started getting calls from bofa who would not tell me why they were calling, they only wanted to talk to the deceased. when i finelly go them to understand that the previous owner was dead and i was willed the property, six months had passed. then i get a call from greentree telling me there was a 60 thousand dollar loan taken out on the home a year before the previous owner passed away (the home was bought for 40 thousand and is now only worth 32 thousand. ) long story short the ins comp made the check out to me, and b of a. after partial MAJOR repairs (rebuilt sub flooring, rewiring of the electrical panel and re plumbing the entire place) b of a finelly cut a partial check that was less than 1/2 what the insurance company issued and they made the check out to me and the deceassed! because of that , i was never able to cash the check and all the repairs came out of my disability check. two weeks after i recieved the check (that i still have not been able to cash, ) i was sent to green tree. they have every excuse including "they dont have the loan and then they do the next day they dont etc" all the while they are sending me threatning letters to foreclose. this has been going on for two years now and i have not made one single payment to anyone. i still have not recieved the remainder of the insurance funds that were issued ($8,232.27) and i doubt that i ever will. i filed bankrupt last week so now green tree will just have to wait a little longer to foreclose.
Kingman, Arizona
Greentree Servicing Loan

Terrible to say the least

I was transfer from bad (bank of america) to worse (Green tree servicing) a few months ago and the best I say is this company should be put out of business one way or the other. Rude, disrespectful, careless to name a few. A total nightmare ! I was transfer from bad (bank of america) to worse (Green tree servicing) a few months ago and the best I say is this company should be put out of business one way or the other. Rude, disrespectful, careless to name a few. A total nightmare ! I was transfer from bad (bank of america) to worse (Green tree servicing) a few months ago and the best I say is this company should be put out of business one way or the other. Rude, disrespectful, careless to name a few. A total nightmare !
ID

I'm being threaten foreclosure when I only 1 month late on a payment. They refused to take my payment on the phone because they want more personal information about me and why I'm late!

These people are relentless when it comes to harassment and unethical practices. They are worst then loan sharks by the Mob. At least the loan sharks will take a payment. They refused to take my payment after I refused to give them personal information of why, when, what, where, who of my life. None of your business! Just take my late payment. Then threaten to foreclose on you! When I ask to speak to another manager or supervisor, they refused to give me the information then hung up! Why haven't the anyone sued these people! Where is the owners or investors! Are they allowing this type of unethical business practices!

:( Wait and see what they do to your credit report...They are dirty bastards! One of them wanted to meet me so I could make my payment then was pissed because I was smart enough not to meet him.

@PissedConsumer746380

I would have had to go and me him so I could have taken a picture of the *** wipe. Then I would have posted it with his name included all over the internet.

same thing happened to me 10 minutes ago !!!!!

@PissedConsumer727684

Holy ***, he wanted to meet you in person? That is just ***

Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Greentree, what a *** of a company

most of what ive read from other customers has happened to me, this company should be hung by its balls, with all these problems/complaints how does the bbb let them stay operating and continue to screw us over, if the tables were turned and it was u or i screwing people over like this we'd be locked up in prison, its a shame that the way of the world is all about greed and money and taking advantage of people for profit. its a good thing they dont have a storefront because there would be a long long line of us waiting to take one of these bastards heads off. the old saying was to love thy neighbor, today its *** thy neighbor, what a *** up country america has become and its an embarrassment to be one of its citizens...

I find it interesting that green tree filed and went under in the 90's I believe, then came back under another name and now they are Green Tree again. They know how to play the system. Theif's,slim ball's.

You are so right I'm getting a Lawyer because they don't know what *** day it is they are in another world I wood rather deal with someone over seas that I can't understand,In the past 6 months my house payment went from $550 to $1323 for Dec. how does that happen Tried so many times to talk to them and one lady was singing to the computer I ask who are you speaking to she said the computer Really !!!!!

Still never got know where with anyone at that crazy place. So sent them a letter with a certified check and a letter that they said they never received but did cash my check Who is there to help us with this nut case place

right on brother

View more comments (2)
San Bruno, California

GreenTree trying to foreclose

I'm another BOA switched to Greentree customer. I was notified of the switch, immediately googled this Greentree and saw all the bad reviews, and immediately refinanced thru Chase Bank. Problem solved...not so much. After not only giving false payoff amounts to us, they then proceed to make a tax payment that was not due, but now my escrow is shorted. This is where they are getting me. The escrow shortage comes with a variable...and I do mean variable as in random per day late fee. This is where they make their money. My attorney tied multiple times to talk to a real service manager and nail down exactly what I owe, what would make this all do away, and each call lead to a new person who gave a different and random amount of money between 400 and 1200 dollars. This is all because of an escrow shortage they caused. Greentree was even notified by Chase that they were paying the taxes as part of my refi, but Greentree ignored it so I would have to owe them money plus late fees. They have begun foreclosure proceedings against me over this 400-**** amount they say is my shortage from escrow...and still won't arrive at a number to make this all end. My attorney talks to someone from their company daily. This morning, a guy pulls up in front of my home and snaps some pictures. I run out to ask what he's doing and he speeds off. Is this guy taking the pics for the selling of my home in a foreclosure sale? Every paper bill I receive from Greentree is for a different and random amount since the beginning...and I did my refi the same month it was switched over to Greentree so I only literally had to pay them one month of mortgage payments before my new loan was with with Chase. BOA doesn't help, the county who received the taxes won't help even though they show 2 tax payments from Greentree and from Chase, my attorney can't seem to get anywhere and he is the attorney who owns the title company I went thru to refinance the home so he knows every part of how the transactions have gone. I'm seriously worried I will lose my house over 400-**** that this damn company won't even commit to a final payoff amount for.

thanks for your post.. they are doing same sort of process with my house.. how did you fight foreclosure?

Green Tree working on stealing another house .

#720943

I have been with these yahoos for 11 years and wanted to buy myself out of the loan. I called and was told not only did I only pay off $600 in principle since being with them, they have the wrong interest rate on my loan.

I have an ARM (I was *** when I bought the home). None of the numbers match up from my totals of paying against their figures. They also said I had a $4000 yearly insurance bill on my house that they pay in advance. Since when did $177 a month for 12 months total $4000?

My policy is also due for renewal in November so don't charge me for a full year when I pay it off. It's crazy! We pay weeks before it's due to avoid phone calls.

These guys are like the *** of the earth! I wish there was another class action law suit against them because I would be right there!

#720619

CALL the news, I mean BIG TV news and get this on the air NOW! You have the perfect case to bring to the public and hopefully to get this company exposed for the scam they are running.

DO IT NOW. NBC, CBS,NIGHTLINE...all of them! They all love a good story like this.

Do it for all of us! Please!

Lynn, Indiana

They are ignorant

We received a call from green tree servicing asking about a reference about are neighbor. We tried asking why they were calling us and the woman got smart with my husband. We don't have anything to do with this company and they are gonna get smart with us. All she would say is that it is personal and we are a reference. Funny my neighbor never said a word to us that he used us as a reference. I think he is behind in his payments and looking for someone who lives near him. They had no reason to give us an attitude.
#720647

Hi. I believe it is illegal for them to contact a debtor's relatives, friends, neighbors, etc., and especially unlawful for them to falsely claim that the debtor (in this case, your neighbor) okayed them to contact you.

Have you contacted your neighbor to let them know that GT has called you about them? Chances are, they are doing more unlawful practices towards your neighbor, and your neighbor could use this call you received as more data if they decide to have a case against GT.

Ambridge, Pennsylvania

Constant harrassment

Constantly getting calls from our rep "Ian the ***" and the first thing he asks..."What are your intentions for the property?" You *** son of a ***, what do you think they are? I say to him, "What is the purpose for the call?" 5 times and asks if I am going to answer. I tell him "What is the purpose of the call? he says, "When you are ready to answer the easy question, call me at 877..." I say, " I am not calling you back, you will call tomorrow and the day after."

"callinoutstupidpeople", you are an ***. Please learn to spell, perhaps a grammar class would aid your tiny mind. Whether or not you're a Green Tree employee is beside the point, though your IP shows that you are within the vicinity of your mother ship, you obviously do not know your own company contract that you so viciously claim is not being followed.

As per Green Tree's contract, people not only have a grace-period (as human error is due to exist), those same people are being harassed by the ineptitude of lessers such as yourself.

You should remember that a contract is only applicable as long as both parties follow the precise rules contained within it. Someone like "Way2slk" still had a grace period, someone like yourself is breaking the contract and Federal Law by threatening and intimidating the people who are still following their contractual obligations.

As far as I can tell, those contracts have become null and void because of people like you. As the Green Tree geniuses have broken the contract (in order to make a piddly profit off the backs of hard working Americans), no customer is beholden to the agreement.

This goes far beyond the bickering point of lawsuits and simple harassment. Your methods defy the U.S. Constitution, Federal Laws, and the local anti-harassment statutes of every State. Ergo, you, your company, and all those individuals who contribute to this ridiculous onslaught of attacks should be deemed an enemy of the United States, charged heavy fines for harming the "life, liberty and happiness" of each citizen that deals with you, and forced to shut your doors; lest you cause more harm to innocent people.

you ever thought if ypu paid your mortgage on time then they wouldnt be calling you to make your pmnt as you agreed to in the mortgage contract you signed when you bought the home! Be smart dont complain when your in the wrong!

@PissedConsumer718814

callingoutstupidpeople is definitely a green tree employee. Same kind of *** they say on the phone too. :p

@PissedConsumer718814

Hey ***, you're obviously a green tree employee so eat ***. The contract says we have until the 15th to make a payment you *** *** you're calling us on the 5th

ID

Continuous phone calls alarming an elderly customer

My loan was sold to green Tree by Bank of America. The first month, i mistakenly made 2 mortgage payments, thinking that my properties loans were purchased by this company. When i realized the error, i called and the rep at Green Tree said that they would make sure that they would apply it to the following month and that i did not have to make that payment in June. Well the dunning began where they demanded i make the June payment, stating they have no record of the previous conversation. Finally, after several attempts, by my son to get them to make the correct adjustments, i get multiple calls from them on September 3, 2013 and one on Sept 4, 2013. When i asked my son to call with me on the line. They disclosed sensitive information to my son without any written permission. In addition, they stated the call was because i was late with my payment. When my son began to explain that i had never been late, that the payments are received the 3td through the 6th of every month, they claims that it is due the first. My son then brought up a grace period, the rep stated no such thing. I noticed on the September Mortgage statement that they started to charge me for a 15.00 late fee. This cannot be legal. I have not missed any payments to them and they are using bullying tactics. My son specifically told the rep not to call me any longer, the rep replied that the phone calls will continue they have done nothing illegal. In lieu of the recent Mortgage debocle, how can the CFPB allow such disrespectful and pushy practices. I am filing a complaint with every agency i can.
Louisville, Kentucky
Loss

Unfair business practices

Our loan was sold from BOA to Green Tree 4 months ago. We had a Bankruptcy three years ago with BOA and continued to make our payments and all was well. A few weeks ago we found out Green Tree was reporting the Bankruptcy as new( and will continue to), was not reporting our making our mortgage payments and caused my wife's credit score to drop nearly 50 points overnight. When asked how we could fix this problem Green Tree told me I need to have a letter of Re-affirmation added to my bankruptcy. Meaning I have to hire a bankruptcy attorney to reopen the bankruptcy case, pay him to submit a re-affirmation letter and then send the case back to the bankruptcy courts to see it the Commissioner will sign off on it. The Re-affirmation letter isn't a legally required document. My lender at the time of the bankruptcy didn't ask or require one. And I asked a bankruptcy attorney in my area about doing the paperwork and was told that the Commissioner in my area won't even sign those letters!
Modesto, California

Green Tree Servicing White Collar Crime

This has got to be the worst company on earth. The representatives harass you even after you have explained your situation of being behind (not even a month). They have increased my monthly payment by more than $300. From what I've read, they have done this to several people. They make up lies and swear you've said something you didn't. I have begun the act of recording each and every phone call with these fools. There are some Facebook pages dedicated to informing people who have mortgages with this company. One FB page is Green Tree Servicing Sucks and the other page is Victims of Green Tree Servicing. There is a petition to investigate this company too. Sign the petition and repost, Sign this petition about Green Tree Servicing and spread the word. http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/investigate-the-billing

Below is more information.

Also, send documentation about your experience with the company (harassment, increased payments, threats, foreclosure, loan modification problems, etc.) to investigative media outlets. If they receive enough correspondence about the same issue, they will take interest. You’ll have to be patient as they receive hundreds of correspondence a day. Give them a few months before expecting contact. MAKE SURE YOU RECORD YOUR CONVERSATIONS. In the state of Georgia, you can record as long as ONE PERSON knows about the recording. The one person is you AND you DO NOT have to announce that you’re doing it.

Send your correspondence about Green Tree to these media outlets:

#1. DATELINE NBC Monica Lee Press Manager NBC News Communications (212) 664-****

openchannel@***.com;

STORY SUGGESTIONS

Dateline NBC

30 Rockefeller Plaza

New York, NY 10112

#2. 20/20 Network Programming Feedback – ABC News abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=327****–

#3. 60 Minutes 524 West 57th St. New York, NY 10019 EMAIL PREFERRED: investigates@***.com. PHONE: (212) 975-****

Stone Mountain, Georgia