Greentree Servicing Reviews

Show reviews that mention
green tree payment tree mortgage loan payments phone account bank customer service
Filter review

Charging private mortgage insurance -GreenTree Mtg

Was less than 1% from being to 80% equity on my home. Refinanced it with Quicken and did an $85,000 renovation with cash. Green Tree would not release the PMI. THEY ARE CROOKS. Talking to a csr rep is like talking to janitors. They are rude and arrogant. I've filed multiple complaints with nothing but computer letters in return. Beware. Beware. Beware. And they charge $12 a month for the privilege of paying them. Stay as far away from them as possible. This is this worst mortgage company on the planet. End of story!! These people just plan suck. Bye bye GT
San Pedro Sula, Cortes

Worst customer service

Account service people are a joke. My account was sold to greentree from another bank. Nothing but problems from the start. I hate my account manager. I feel like I'm calling the local McDonalds to service my loan. I may be better off doing that. Wish there was a way to have the account moved. ... Guess I need 100 words to post.. so here's more ... Whenever you call. Your phone number is attached to your account. They won't let you talk to anyone else. My incompetent account manager wouldn't let me talk to his manager. Guess he was trying to protect himself after he messed up my auto pay twice. My bank froze my account they thought it was theft ! Thieves that's my experience in one word

Our mortgage was sold to Green Tree in February 2013. It is the most horrible company to deal with.This company needs to be shut down.

Everyone you talk to is unprofessional, lies and doesn't give a *** about trying to help the consumer. They treat people as if they were animals. They continue to say I owe a past due payment as of 2/2013, but to date they have refused to provide me with a printout. We made our payment to GMAC in 1/2013 they still are denying that we paid are mortgage.

I am behind our mortgage as for we have had a reduction in our income an increase in debt. We are trying to gat a modification at the present time but knowing GT they probably will not work with us to help resolve our situation. They have mailed harassing letters to us for the past year. My husband refuses to speak with them because of the way they have treated me.

I have proof of all my payments that have been made. They have even sent a letter of default when I'm 3 months behind. They also sent a letter stating that in 12/2013 we made a mortgage payment that we had insufficient funds in the bank.

I took this letter to our bank and they confirmed that this was not our account.

So needless to say they lied about they spoke with my husband and he gave a payment over the phone from our account.

Please advice what we can do to get our loan out of this horrible company. Where can we file complaints si they are made public.

:cry :cry

@PissedConsumer810393

On Facebook . Victims of Green Tree Servicing . Discussion / Support Group .

BOA sold my home loan to Green Tree last year. First payment I made to Green Tree was cashed by Green Tree but not applied toward my account.

After numerous phone calls I was told that my payment had been applied to the worng account. Two more posting errors later with me explaining the check numbers and providing the date the check was cashed and they are still charging late fees. I spoke with my account manager twice giving her check number and dates. She promised to send out a letter explaining the mistakes and showing corrections on my morgage payment history.

Instead I just received another statement with a late fee and no record of March's payment posted 2/22/14. Which agency can help me?

After I make a payment I like call and ask if they got it. And ask how it was applied.

Ask my escrow balance and loan balance and how much to principal. Hang up and call again. Ask next person same question . Maybe call again tomorrow and ask again.

Sometimes just call to ask what their intentions are with the property.

View more comments (3)
Hammonton, New Jersey
Greentree Servicing Loan

Green Tree Servicing

In spite of my efforts to sell my house, having brought legit offers they are going a head with forclosure. Many time I have sent them document of financial and medical illness and hardship. I don't know how to fight them any further. They are unfair in their practices and the law protects them. They do not play by any rules, I submit information they request and then they ignore it. They have called at 7:30 am and harrassed me, even though I requested they stop. Uncaring that I am disabled. They must be the low lives of the mortgage business.

Nothing has happened since I last complained. I don't know what else to do.

I feel like I'm being ignored. I wish someone would let me know what is going on with this Greentree lawsuit.

Greed Tree are pieces of *** . Complain to the CFPB .

View more comments (1)

PMI/payments/communication/etc. Special.

Here's a hilarious complaint from an educated, current-on-his-payments homeowner. I rarely write reviews, but this company is special. In December, my mortgage is sold from Flagstar Bank to Greentree Servicing. Greentree would begin ownership on January 1, 2014. My worries begin after trying to navigate Greentree's joke of a mortgage servicing portal. I try to set up automatic payments online, only to be told an initial one-time payment must be made first. I try to make a one-time payment online and over the phone, only to be met with a $12 (???) convenience fee. Instead, I mail a check in mid-January for the normal payment amount that was due January 1. Keep in mind I was not even able to log into my account until January 15. January 16, I start receiving calls about my debt being past due. My initial loan amount was ~$300k and originated in April 2012. The outstanding principal at this point is ~$120k (less than two years later). I think I have good payment history. I tell Greentree that they've just purchased my loan, and the letter you sent me states due to the transfer, all payments will be backdated to reflect payment on January 1 with no late fees assessed. I even call to confirm the amount of time I have to make the initial payment. One person tells me two months; the other tells me three months. Hmm. Backtracking a bit. On January 6, I call to investigate getting PMI removed from my loan, since our LTV ratio is well below 80%. I'm told that a form will be mailed to me with instructions on how to proceed. I never receive the form (waited for two weeks). I tell them to mail the form again, as well as fax it. I receive the fax but to this day have not received the requested form via mail. The form simply states I have to send a written request asking for PMI to be removed. Uh, ok; not sure why you couldn't tell me this on the phone. I mail and fax this request to the escrow department, and also ask that they confirm receipt by faxing me back. No response. I wait another week, and begin calling to find out what the *** is going on. I'm told they received two requests to have PMI removed (guess they got the fax) but now they need a written request from me authorizing Greentree to have an appraisal performed on my house at my expense. (I guess maybe they thought my house declined 50% in value in a booming city.) That's fine, I expected to have to have the appraisal done; why did no one tell me this on the phone? Why was this not stated on the form?? I oblige and mail/fax the authorization, against requesting receipt confirmation. None gotten. Two weeks later, after numerous phone calls, I receive a letter from Greentree stating my PMI removal request has been denied due to the following: "There are aging requirements for this account. This aging will be completed in April 2017." Can't for the life of me figure out where that date came from. Of course I am familiar with the Homeowners Protection Act, and "aging requirements" is not an actual thing. Maybe Greentree thinks this is an FHA loan? (It's not; it's conventional.) I call Greentree and ask what this letter means. The first three people I speak to have never heard of this denial before, and according to them there's no record of this letter ever being sent to me. One guy gave me a ridiculous explanation of "it's because you didn't put down 10%" (???). I'm furious and baffled at this point. I call back one more time and speak to an older lady. She finds the letter that was mailed to me and tells me it doesn't read April 2017, but instead reads August 2015. This date I could believe based on the initial loan amortization schedule (to reach an LTV of 78%), but who knows if they understand it. I ask the lady to fax and mail me the denial notice with that date. She also says that the appraisal would cost $450. Another person I spoke to previously says it would cost anywhere up to $350. Hmm. I received the fax, but oh no! It has the same April 2017 date. I fax them back the same notice with an angry message telling them to explain what "aging requirements" are. No response received. I call one last time a few days later inquiring, and I'm told the appraisal is in process and someone would be reaching out to me. Hmm. We're well into February now. A guy comes out and performs the appraisal on February 24. I call him the day after and he's already sent over the completed package to Greentree. I call Greentree today (February 28) to make sure that they received the package, and they have. I'm told the package is being reviewed. I come home from work to find a letter from Greentree stating "PMI on the above-referenced loan has been terminated and is no longer on your account". THIS LETTER IS DATED FEBRUARY 20, FOUR DAYS BEFORE THE APPRAISAL WAS DONE. I call Greentree just minutes ago and ask if they have a time machine. A lady tells me that, again, there is no record of this letter being sent to me and was probably mailed in error. BUT, my appraisal and PMI removal request is being reviewed. I guess we'll see next month if PMI is removed or not. What a disaster of a company.

Hi there,

If you were at 78% LTV then you should not have had to pay for an appraisal according to the Home Owner's Protection Act. You might want to re-visit this issue.

To others reading and who had a Hamp Modification and are confused when PMI will terminate, I suggest you read this: http://bankingfinancelawdaily.blogspot.com/2015/09/pmi-deadline-set-by-original-price-not.html

I'm going into the same situation. The did aprecial on my property and now I'm reached 20% of my loan amount, now the reject with the condition I have to reach 25% to remove the PMI.

Don't know where the 25% came from.. I sent 3rd disputes today.

Thinking of consult with attorney and filling litigation against them. Any suggestions

I have Ditech now as well - what are the terms for qualifying to get it removed. Is it the outstanding principal divided by the current appraisal equal 20% or more?

#1042008

I have a success story (finally) about Green Tree (now Ditech) removing PMI from off my mortgage. It only took 6 months, but found out today that it has been removed.

Original poster here. Figured I would update for anyone having the same issues.

I eventually was able to get Greentree to remove the PMI by expressing my anger with them over the phone every two days or so. Always ask to speak to a manager. The first level of support doesn't really have a clue, so it's best not to waste any time with them. I don't remember specifics, but I believe PMI was removed sometime in April after initiating the process in January.

I did receive one check for $130 (the monthly amount of PMI) from Greentree with no explanation.

The home appraisal cost $395. With no explanation, again, Greentree decided to spread that payment over 10 months, so I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where this new $39.50 additional charge came from.

I'd recommend getting rid of your escrow account and handle payment of taxes and insurance yourself, taking as much out of Greentree's hands as possible.

Fight through it, guys and gals. You can beat Greentree.

#851979

I have almost the exact same experience trying to remove PMI. It sounds like their policy is to just say no and deny PMI removal requests hoping you don't know how the loans work and they can keep charging it.

They gave me the same account seasoning issue, which is true. But in my case, they claim they denied it because I asked to remove PMI 17 days before my account hit the 2 year seasoning mark. Even though it takes them a minimum of 30 "business days" to do reply to anything. The guy I spoke with kept telling me that I couldn't remove PMI until the loan hit the 78% mark based on when the original loan was established.

Either they're really ***, or they just play dumb to not have to do any work.

I'm realizing that this is their MO and that it would be helpful for others trying to remove PMI with Green Tree to know what they're in for and the best way to move forward. http://spend-wisely.com/remove-pmi/

Please update me on the status of your account. I have numerous clients with this company as their account holder and I'm in the process of escalating their illegal activities.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but there are tons of third parties that have purchased loans from major corporations that have been sued for millions over the last year. Thank you for you post (especially since you don't write reviews on a regular basis) You are very educated in this matter and your description and timeline of events is almost humorous. (laughing at them of course) Please help me to help others.

Thank you.

@PissedConsumer817462

Please help me! Everytime I look up something to do with Green Tree I feel like I'm going to be sick.

My mortgage was sold to Green Tree by CitiMortgage & they took over in September 2014. Of course it was sold! I had just received the "hardship" packaged Fed Ex-ed to me on a Monday. It wasn't until September 5, 2014 that Citi sent me a letter saying that they sold my mortgage - 3 days after I received the Fed Ex package. I skipped over several issues I was having with Citi as well, but an important fact is that the day after the government gave Citi several more millions - or billions - in another "bail out" in June 2014, I called them & told them I expected to have my mortgage reviewed because it's so far underwater. Well, I guess they sold me because I found out their "secret" which was this extra bail out was supposed to go to helping those of us with underwater mortgages.

Well Citi & Green Tree both sent me letters acknowledging my mortgage was sold. This was when I googled Gree Tree & started popping ulcer meds again. In the letter I received from Citi it clearly stated that all my terms would stay the same - including my payment.

OK. I figure now I'll have to start pestering them about my underwater mortgage after 100's of hours of calls & letters to Citi. I thought that was going to be my biggest headache.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

I get my first statement from Green Tree & it's BLANK. Amount due, taxes, insurance, balance, PMI, all completely blank. However, there is one category. It's labeled "accrual incentive balance". I didn't know what it meant so I googled it. Imagine that. It's not even a "recognizable term". But in that column there is an amount. I'm ASSUMING that this is what imaginary term they use for "amount due". Well, my mortgage payment (IF that's what it is went up by 44.5%!!! That's FORTY FOUR & A HALF PERCENT!!! I've called & called. The only thing I get is the old "I'm gonna pretend not to hear you" on their end. Finally I called & instead of me repeating "hello hello hello" I instead said "go ahead & hang up again because I've got my attorney on this call". Well imagine that !?! They could suddenly hear me! The only response I got was to be disconnected again after I asked to speak with a supervisor. Now I'm late on my payment. I had no warning about an increase of 44.5%; actually I was told it would all stay the same. My insurance & tax escrow has more than enough & I actually had a refund earlier in the year because I was over paying. Now I'm having even more problems with an insurance claim from last winter. My chimney imploded & my furnace exploded. I've been living in soot since April waiting to get an insurance check to have the duct work cleaned & the rest of the soot cleaned up. But Citi sent my insurance check to Green Tree & of course they are holding it hostage. That check was supposed to come back to me to hire the cleaners & get a dumpster & so on. Now Green Tree expects me to shell out 10's of 1000's of dollars & they'll "reimburse me". lol. Sure they will!!! So here I sit, breathing in all the cancer causing carsinogines (sp?) - which btw killed my cat, nearly killed me & both my 100+ pound dogs. I'm constantly sick - fevers, headaches, vomiting, & the list goes on. The worst part is having to watch my dogs *** every single time the heat kicks on & I'm in central Minnesota so this is dozens of times a day. So here I sit, in a house that is literally killing me, an underwater mortgage that just went up by 44.5%. Please tell me how to sue the SOB's.

Run don't walk from this company. They have screwed up more of my monthly payments in one year than any other mortgage company we have had in the past thirty years

You promised hilarity. This was depressing and gave me a headache (not as bad as yours I'm sure) :sigh

The time machine line was good though.

Just curious, how did she answer that question??

Are you gonna try to get your appraisal money back?

View more comments (9)
Houston, Texas

Harring calls

I am 21 days late in my mortgage. I am self employed and wether dependent on income. I was called on my cell and told my payment was late. I told the man I would do my best to make the payment by the end of the month. He tried to set up a payment for the end of the month and I told him no. Immediately a women came in the phone and told me I did not understand the seriousness of this account. She told me I need to refinance. No thank you. Amber came in yelling at me telling me she was listening in on the call and she was the supervisor of my account. All she would give me was her first name and her phone number 1-80*-839-**** ext 67618. She continually yelled that this call was being recorded and there was no one else I could speak to. I finally hung up on her when she told me she would call me back every single day. I am absolutely shocked!! I have never had anyone be that rude nor have I ever been talked to with that degree of disrespect. Surely there is somewhere to report this company.

There is - call the courtesy police at 1-800-CRY-BABY.

Salina, Oklahoma

Green Tree Servicing LLC. has done it again

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!! Green Tree Servicing LLC. Has done it to us again. In the beginning They told us to go ahead and pay the mortgage while the divorce was going on. Then they called and told us they couldn't work with us our name wasn't on the home. Next came the phone call saying we owe $1200+ in back mortgage and that they will work with us so we can keep the house. We paid the money then we get a call about they want another $$BIG$$ payment. We are pretty much broke at this point. SOOO... we move out. 2 years later after at least 10 harassing phone calls a day for 2 years yet our name is not on the mortgage. Told us we could go ahead and Get our house out of foreclosure. That was won In a Divorce. They said pay $1200 on what payments have been missed and $400 a month on the mortgage. The rest will be put in the arrears. Well we have moved in paid the $1200 paid the mortgage. And come 5 months later they call us telling us we have to pay $2500 now or the house will go back into foreclosure. This is happening Because the manager that made us this deal has been moved up in corporation and the new manager doesn't like the deal that was made with us Over 5 months ago. And finally the owner on this home called them not but a week ago to sign off on the house so we can deal with it. (Took his *** 2 yrs) We wanted to try to get our home back. After all my child and I have grown up in this house and in the house 3 lots over. (That we ended up selling after my grand parents passed.) WELL GUESS WHAT? GREEN TREE You wont get a dime. We had to redo the plumbing, new toilets, the fixtures in the house, hall trash out. (Mind you when the house was in foreclosure the first time some one came in and used the place as a flop house and stripped the house of all doors, most windows, plumbing ECT.....) I'm taking everything that wasn't here when we moved in. I hope they like trying to sell a dust property with a breezy shell on it. Share this and if some one mentions GREEN TREE SERVICING LLC Run for your LIFE!!
Overgaard, Arizona

Green Tree failed to pay my Insurance form my Escrow Account

My mortgage was sold from BOA to Green Tree in October, 2013. My account is current and up to date. Green Tree did not pay my Homeowners Insurance or Wind coverage, one due 1/22/14 & one due 1/23/14. I only knew that an "intent to cancel" was coming by receiving notices from both of these vendors. I promptly sent both insurance companies a check, even overnighting one. I tried very unsuccessfully to discuss this with several customer service reps, who were very unhelpful giving me several "emergency fax numbers" to use to send my "intent to cancel" documents to. The last Green Tree customer service rep was extremely rude to me, treating me like I was lying and even told me that Green Tree would not handle my issue immediately as it takes 10 business days for any response from them. Now I am out $1600 of my own money and Green Tree has my escrow money that I have already paid throughout the year. Even on today's date, 1/27/14, my insurance agent, who is following up on this for me, states no bank check has come from Green Tree to the vendors. I am constantly receiving advertisement in the mail from them asking if I want to refinance, or if I want "their insurance"-are you kidding me?? After starting to research Green Tree, my issue is common and a ruse because if your insurance company does not receive their payment, Green Tree will conveniently have an insurance policy attached for you-I don't know this yet, but I believe it could be at exorbitant prices. Something is very fishy”. My insurance agent (major insurer), who is trying to assist me, states that Green Tree is the worst company they have ever dealt with.

That is happening to me...My insurance company sent me a cancelation letter, I called my Green Tree rep, he said he sees that it did go out...they will get it. But when I look at my online Green Tree Statement, I don t see it...I only see Radian Ins which is the mortgage insurance company...not my Hurricane or Fire...hmm An I being actually lied to? :(

Ormond Beach, Florida
Greentree Servicing Mortgage

Green tree are all liars

i urge everybody not to use these lying bastards.I never received a contract on the loan. so i have requested one 7or8 times and keep getting a lie why i havent received it.these *** dont care about their customers. you could get better service from a las vegas loan shark. we first req. this contract sept. 22 13 and now its jan.26 14. i sent payoff jan. 21. we will see if we get our title. if we get jerked around on this we have employed an attourney and will sue these bastards. he is a title company lawyer and already knows this green tree. we also tried to move our due date on payments and they said this couldnt be done.every time i call them they push me over the edge and i cuss them out. i,m better at it than they are!!
Englewood, Colorado
Greentree Servicing Loan

TERRIBLE COMPANY to deal with

I'm shocked and surprised with 492 complaints on this company here on this one website (I'm sure i can find more by doing a more thorough search) that NO ONE has filed any complaints through BBB for this company. We as all of us who have complained on here NEED to file complaints with BBB. I am the first one? This sounds ridiculous. So this is my complaint to BBB: (Better Business Bureau) GreenTree LLC out of SD has been practicing improper collection procedures. I have been harassed by this company multiple times ever since Bank of America gave Greentree LLC their mortgages. They do not follow through with their paperwork. Present example, I received a letter from them stating that I had until 1/17/2014 to finish my loan modification paperwork to report any hardships before proceeding to Default with intent to Foreclose. They never waited until 1/17 and instead started the intent to foreclose paperwork with me on 1/10/2014 which I received that paperwork in the mail on 1/13/2014. I am working out the cure the default now with the company but anytime I contact the company their representatives are completely rude. They do not allow any payment plans and find anything that they do NOT request as unacceptable. Certain reps I have spoken to mostly Lakisha H. anytime I speak with them they get loud and rude. How is anyone that holds a mortgage with this company even wanting to work out their mortgage issues with this company if they have rude agents? I also found 491 complaints on this company online at the following location I am not the only one that is being harassed by this company and I / we believe that they are using false or incorrect/illegal business practices. http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/greentree-servicing.html When they try to contact you they will call your phone at least 10 times a day, leave messages at your door hanging signs on the door and even have reps come to your home to ask you what your plans are for the residence. All for being 1 month late. Now granted at this point in time I AM in fact 2 months behind and I am having a hardship but had plans to pay the company on 1/17/2014 which did not happen due to them sending the premature letter of intent to foreclose a week early. Your Desired Resolution: I want some clarification that this business is being run on the up and up and not following illegal business practices. It worries me that I have a mortgage with this company that only seems to wish that everyone that is late be pushed out of their homes without trying to "work" generally work with people on the phone and not PUSH harass or with rude words. I am worried not only for me but for all the other people that have complained almost the same complaints online at that link above where people could lose their homes so quickly just because they are a bad business. I also want to be sure that the owner of the company knows of their practices. I know that I deal with Lakish H. as a rep and their mail comes out of South Dakota so I looked up where to file a report and this is the link if anyone else is interested and I DO FEEL WE NEED TO START STANDING UP FOR OUR RIGHTS AS HOMEOWNERS. https://nebraskasouthdakotasouthwestiowa.app.bbb.org

I have to agree. My mortgage company sold my loan to them, and before my first loan payment to them was even due, they were calling me several times a day (automated of course) inquiring about my payment.

I finally called them back, because I wasn't answering their unknown number, and was able to tell them to settle down, as my payment wasn't even due yet. Oh, yes, this is good too...they sent out mailing address to send payment to, then about a month later, sent out new letter telling they sent out the wrong address in the first letter.

Nice. Can hardly wait to do business with these ding ***

Sorry for the typing errors. This is what I meant to state:

They can't make a collections attempt via email.

Loan pmts do not change overnight. Loan servicing companies are required by law to notify a customer in advance of a pmt amount change. Are you sure you did not receive notification? Maybe you should be more proactive and view your loan info online each month to check the status.

For example, call at 8am in whatever time zone they operate in. You should get through with a short hold time.

I have Green Tree take money out of my bank account to pay my bill every 2 weeks. They took money out 1/31/2014.

On 2/7/2014 I checked on it and My bank said Green Tree took money out and this lady from Green Tree, Jennifer said they didn't and Green Tree were not LIARS. She was a not a nice person!!!! I called the bank back and they said Green Tree did take the money out and told me what to do.

I called Green Tree back and talked to someone else and told them what the bank told me ... Wow Green Tree found the money the had withdrew from my account

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!! Green Tree Servicing LLC.

2 years later after at least 10 harrasing phone calls a day for 2 years yet our name is not on the mortgage. Told us we could go ahead and Get our house out of foreclosure. That was won In a Divorce. They said pay $1200 on what payments have been missed and $400 a month on the mortgage.

GREEN TREE MOTHER F@**ERS. You wont get a dime. We had to redo the plumbing, new toilets, the fixtures in the house, hall trash out. (Mind you when the house was in foreclosure the first time some one came in and used the place as a flop house and stripped the house of all doors, most windows, plumbing ECT.....) Im taking everything that wasn't here when we moved in.

The BBB knows all about them.

I also had to deal with Lakish and had notes taped to my front door saying to call right away only to be put on hold for 45 minutes and then they hang up. forclosure threats because my payment amount had changed(of course no notice of this) by 29 dollars so they applied NONE of my payment and sent snail mail to tell me.

They refuse to email or have a online mail that you can link from an email sent. Somebody stop these people!!!!!!!!!

@PissedConsumer778383

They can't make a collections attempt via email. Loan pmts do not change overnight.

Loan servicing companies are required by law to notify a customer in advance of a pmt amount change. Are you sure you did not receive notificastion? Maybe you should be more proactive and view your loan info online each month to check the status. if you encounter a long hold time when you call a company, simply call back at a different time.

For example, call at 8am in whatever time xone they operate in. You should get through with a short hokd time.

View more comments (6)
ID
#472004 Review #472004 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey

I can pay extra $...k but do not want to contact by Green tree

since i got transferred from bank Of America first quarter of 2013,in few months i really want to be nocked my head to wall.thats all i can say i wish i can express my feelings.DO NOT get any type of contact with them you be bless.i pray for rest of the other customers who already having service from them.they rip off.they charge over.customer service is worst.people dont know how to talk to the customers.representatives dont even know what they doing.my loan should go down after each month i pay but my principal balance is going up.u know what am doing am so tired and paying off whatever i owe just for i can rid of them.
Houston, Texas

Refund of overpaid escrow

I do not recommend anyone proactively use Green Tree Servicing LLC. My mortgage loan was transferred from Bank of America to Green Tree Servicing LLC in the first quarter of 2013. I sold the property on September 16, 2013. The overpaid escrow (>$7k) was due to be returned to me 30-days after closing. At closing, I immediately provided my forwarding address to Green Tree. At the end of Octobr, I was informed by Green Tree that a check had been sent to me on October 3rd for the overpaid escrow. This check never arrived. Mid-November, Green Tree agreed to send me a replacement check. This check had not been received by mid-December. Mid-December, Green Tree agreed to send me a second replacement check. On December 30th, I received a check dated December 18th. The check was sent to the wrong address. I deposited the check on December 31st. Was informed by my bank on January 6, 2014 that the check from Green Tree bounced. I immediately contacted Green Tree and was told the check, dated December 18th, was actually the first replacement check. Recall this check was supposed to have been sent to me mid-November. Green Tree could not respond as to why the check was sent to the wrong address. Today, almost 4-months after selling the property, I am still waiting to receive the refund from Green Tree. Interesting point is that one of the customer care representatives I spoke with the first part of November actually told me I should be glad to receive the funds closer to the end of the year because I could use them for Christmas presents. Hmmmm. Still waiting...

Hi everyone my name is kate i live in Texas USA I applied for a loan of $100,000 in march 2012 with diamond loan company and i was ask to pay $1000 for insurance which i did and they never transfer my loan and i was charge more and more fee which i got nothing in return i lost over $5000 to them because i was anxious of the loan i have to apply through another company and this second company did the worst to me,i was ask to pay only $100 for transfer fee which i later give them the total of $7000 and till date i never get mails from them.and this really make me frustrated Until 1st of July when a friend of my refer me to Fidelity Loan company at first i was scared but i later contact them and after three days they transfer to me $120,000.00usd on 3% interest please if any one is looking for a loan then fidelity (financialhome@***.com) loan company is the solution to your loan problem's.thank you again Mr *** Yang C.E.O financialhome@***k any one in need of loan can reach them now on this email financialhome@***.com

This is really the worst mortgage co ever. Never had a late payment with our other company and in 6 months with these crooks we've " been late ".

Twice and never received payment once. We've had mortgage for over 20 years

View more comments (1)
Hickory, North Carolina
Greentree Servicing Customer Care

GREEN TREE WILL NOT CEASE AND DESIST TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS

GREEN TREE SERVICING IS THE WORST MORTGAGE HOLDER I HAVE EVER SEEN. THEY CONTINOUSLY CONTACT MY PAST EMPLOYER NUMEROUS TIMES AFTER BEING TOLD REPEATEDLY THAT I NO LONGER AM EMPLOYED THERE. THEY HARRASS AND THREATEN ME BY CALLING 10-15 TIMES PER DAY. THEY EVEN HAVE CALLED ME AFTER 9PM. THERE IS AN ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE BY THE NAME OF GLENDA THAT IS EXTREMELY RUDE AND NASTY TO ME EACH AND EVERYTIME SHE CALLS ME. I WOULD JUST LIKE FOR THE HARRASSMENT TO STOP. I CANNOT BELEIVE THEY ARE IN BUSINESS THE WAY THEY HAVE THEIR REPS TALK TO HOME OWNERS. ITS WRONG.
Toledo, Ohio

File formal complaints against the Green Tree vultures

Are the Green Tree vultures circling you? They bought my loan from another lender a couple of years ago. I pay my mortgage every month in accordance with the terms of the loan, just as I have for 23 years, so I just ignored their harassing calls and mail. Until they called my daughter on her cell phone asking where I was. That was it. Here's what I did, and I recommend you do the same: 1. Send a cease and desist letter BY CERTIFIED MAIL to Green Tree demanding they stop contacting you, your family members, employer, neighbors and anyone else. Tell them you are filing the formal complaints outlined below. Examples of cease and desist letters to abusive debt collectors easy to find online. Here's the address: Green Tree ServicingPO Box 6176Rapid City, SD 57709-**** 2. Send a copy to Mark J. O'Brien, Chairman of the Board of Green Tree's parent company, Walter Investment Management. His smile-and-dial goons make him about $2 million a year, so I'm sure he'll love receiving a performance evaluation on them. Here's the address: Walter Investment Management Corp.3000 Bayport DriveSuite 1100Tampa, FL 33607Phone: (813) 421-**** 3. Now file a formal complaint against Green Tree and its parent company with the Federal Trade Commission. Include as much detail as possible. It's easy to do online at this link: http://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc 4. Next, file a formal complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This is another federal agency charged with policing goombahs like Green Tree. This is also easy to do online at this link: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/ 5. OK, now go online and look up the site for your state's Attorney General's office, find the area for making consumer complaints against a business, and file a formal complaint with them, too. Most of the ones I researched had online complaint forms. 6. Finally, copy and paste this posting on as many of the sites you can find where victims of Green Tree's abusive, predatory debt collection practices share their stories. Come on now, spread the love.

Pay your mortgage on time? The note states it is due on or before the due date and there is a late fee assessed on the late fee date...

There is no GRACE written in to a mortgage.

NONE of the people calling you want to call you! I don't like their policies and I don't like the company but they are hired to collect your mortgage because you don't pay on time!

We are having the same problem! They harass an belittle us!

Everyday!

Starting our lawsuit! Can't take it anymore!

#819790
@PissedConsumer778926

Same problem. They have called anyone in my town to contact us. Rude & harrassing

View more comments (2)
San Diego, California

Late Payments

I have had at least 3 mortgage companies before green tree and have never had a problem with late fees. I have always set my payments from the bank on the same day. Yet some months they get it in time yet other months it's conveniently late. I have called and spoke to customer service who are rude and blame my bank. I have great credit scores-there is something fishy about this company. Not to mention, again, their rude customer service. BUT guess if I worked for a company who always got callers complaining I might be rude too. Here's a hint- don't screw with your clients, you won't get angry callers, and then you'd have better customer service!
Tampa, Florida
Loss

RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, NASTY, CUSTOMER SERVICES!!

MY FATHER HAS GREENTREE SERVICING, AND IT HAS BEEN *** SINCE DAY 1. MY FATHERS ACCOUNT REP IS RENEE WHO HER EXT # IS 69930, AND CINDY WHO IS RENEE MANAGER ARE BOTH RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL AND DON'T CARE HOW THEY SPEAK TO YOU. I ASKED THEM TO LET ME SPEAK TO THERE MANAGER BUT BOTH SAID THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO SO. RENEE SCREAMED AT ME WHILE I WAS EXPLAINING TO HER MY QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS AND REPLY'S "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO MAKE GOLD FOR YOU" AND I EXPLAINED TO HER THERE WAS NO NEED FOR HER TO GET RUDE AND SHE REPLIED "BECAUSE YOUR AGGRAVATING ME" AND CINDY RENEE'S MANAGER I ALSO TRIED TO EXPLAIN TO HER WHAT WERE MY CONCERNS AND ALSO TOLD HER ABOUT RENEE'S UNPROFESSIONALISM AND REPLIED "I REALLY DON'T NEED TO HERE YOUR OPINION ABOUT RENEE OR GREENTREE SERVICING" I GOT SO UPSET AND TOLD HER, BUT OF COURSE YOU ALL DON'T CARE BECAUSE YOUR NOT IN THE PREDICAMENT, AND BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DON'T CARE, PEOPLE LOSE THERE HOMES AND BECOME HOMELESS AND WHEN "CUSTOMERS" OF GREENTREE SERVICING HAS QUESTIONS THEY ARE TOLD THEY WILL RECEIVE A CALL BACK WITH AN ANSWER AND NEVER DO". I AM SO UPSET AND FRUSTRATED WITH THIS COMPANY AND I HOPE SOME ONE DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. AND WHO EVER IS THE "CEO" OF GREENTREE SERVICING SHOULD NOT BE A "CEO" OF ANY COMPANY IF HE/SHE IS NOT RESOLVING ANY OF THESE ISSUES. GREETREE ALSO TELLS CUSTOMERS THAT THEY ARE LATE ON PAYMENT WHEN HALF OF THEM ARE NOT WHEN EVERY MONTH PAYMENTS ARE BEING TAKEN FROM CUSTOMERS ACCOUNT IN WHICH IN MY FATHERS CASE IS HAPPENING AS WELL. I HOPE SOMETHING HAPPENS SOON WITH COMPANY, AND PRAY THAT MY FATHER IS ABLE TO GET A NEW MORTGAGE COMPANY.
Miramar, Florida